EA 3.9 Ignite -- Cap Your Damage

How can I phase skip Awakener with this toon? I made it only for awakener but i cant kill him. - did I miss out something?

Toon Name: Scatman_Ignite_Morph

help

Totem:
EA 6L:
Would it be to hard to make a leveling tree... like where to go first and stuff, i know the tree is like just straight up 1 path, but alot along the way....

thank !
"
cr4ck4r wrote:
Any other classes possible ?
i dont like pathfinder ...

and any use for this? or is that bad?
Spoiler

Seems okay, maybe good for clearing, it wont be usable for single target since a DPS cap is now confirmed that its going to be put in place.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
"
How can I phase skip Awakener with this toon? I made it only for awakener but i cant kill him. - did I miss out something?

Toon Name: Scatman_Ignite_Morph

help

Totem:
EA 6L:

Level 73 was the biggest problem.
"
thyraa wrote:
Would it be to hard to make a leveling tree... like where to go first and stuff, i know the tree is like just straight up 1 path, but alot along the way....

thank !

Priorities are getting to 100% ignite chance, which means using combustion early on.

The rest of the priorities are Elemental Overload, Duration, Life. Jewels last probably apart from 1-2 to get the unique jewels socketed.
"
As of today, a fix is on the way for the 0 dps bug, unfortunately this fix comes in the form of an imposed damage cap. This value will be 2^32 / 2 - 1 / 60 Damage per Second.

Rounded down to the nearest integer, this is 35,791,394 ignite Damage per Second. Fortunately--since this has been bugged for a long time--many of the gearing choices in this build have been made to offer higher forms of defenses and little needs change. This damage is more than sufficient to smoothly clear all content in the game, it just means that itemization past a certain point achieves nothing for this build, landing it in the 15-25ex cost at current market values to kill Awakener 8 with relative ease.

As a question: Is this what we calculate in the google doc calc as the "Total Ignite DPS (Ignite Tick)" or is it "Final Accelerated DPS (Ignite Tick)"? If it applies to the latter, then our damage ceiling just got hit as a lot of people can get to that value if not surpass it. If it is the former, then most people won't feel it. Any answers on that one?
"
Skeith_G wrote:
"
As of today, a fix is on the way for the 0 dps bug, unfortunately this fix comes in the form of an imposed damage cap. This value will be 2^32 / 2 - 1 / 60 Damage per Second.

Rounded down to the nearest integer, this is 35,791,394 ignite Damage per Second. Fortunately--since this has been bugged for a long time--many of the gearing choices in this build have been made to offer higher forms of defenses and little needs change. This damage is more than sufficient to smoothly clear all content in the game, it just means that itemization past a certain point achieves nothing for this build, landing it in the 15-25ex cost at current market values to kill Awakener 8 with relative ease.

As a question: Is this what we calculate in the google doc calc as the "Total Ignite DPS (Ignite Tick)" or is it "Final Accelerated DPS (Ignite Tick)"? If it applies to the latter, then our damage ceiling just got hit as a lot of people can get to that value if not surpass it. If it is the former, then most people won't feel it. Any answers on that one?

Well, right now if you hit the cap you really do know, because the ignite does no damage. Now is actually the best time to find where the ceiling is for various item setups.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Jan 19, 2020, 11:01:32 PM
I want a clarification on the EQ mechanics.

So you ignite the target from the EA explosion. That means the target gets +25% to fire res with EQ. Then you need to do 1 more auto or EA attack with +cold/light flat to get -50% fire res on the target. So then the ignite will continue doing full damage. Did i understand that correctly?

On that point, i thought the ignite would get snapshotted with the +fire res, so it would deal its whole dmg as if it had +fire res, and not be affected by the subsequent attack that would lower again the fire res. Is that wrong?

"
kwstas778 wrote:
I want a clarification on the EQ mechanics.

So you ignite the target from the EA explosion. That means the target gets +25% to fire res with EQ. Then you need to do 1 more auto or EA attack with +cold/light flat to get -50% fire res on the target. So then the ignite will continue doing full damage. Did i understand that correctly?

On that point, i thought the ignite would get snapshotted with the +fire res, so it would deal its whole dmg as if it had +fire res, and not be affected by the subsequent attack that would lower again the fire res. Is that wrong?

Before the explosion you deal physical and a little flat elemental non-fire damage (you can get it from any part of gear or jewel). So before your first explosion triggers all your insane ignite damage - you wil get EQ with -50% fire res on target.
That's how it works both for clear and solo target.
Blowing t16 bosses with ease @ level 74 lol you’re crazy XD I’d like to play phase acro tho is there any variant for it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info