3.9| DEADITOR |Elemental Hit w/ Ballista Totem Support| Use Any Gear! (Need a Big Investment Though)

"
apachefx wrote:
Can you kill shaper with this build?
Hey apachefx!

Yes. This build can clear the Atlas :). I haven't done 3.9 endgame though. But 3.8's was easy.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Great rares will come.

Haha, I figured that would be the case eventually. The question was more along the lines of, is there a tipping point where giving up the huge chunk of attack speed becomes worth it for the other stats I can get on a rare?

I'm level 67 now and still rocking my level 11 or 12 Storm Cloud. I've found a couple "okay" rares that would have been solid upgrades if the attack speed were removed from the equation.

"
Leech would only go back to the totem, not us :(. So I removed the leech nodes that were in 3.8 (let me know if you find any mistakes I made with the tree).

In the "passive tree explained" section of your guide, you still refer to rushing for the mana leech node. Until I saw this reply I thought I was blind because I couldn't find a mana leech node that was part of the build XD With Clarity it has been a non-issue so I wasn't bothered by it.

The leveling for this build is painfully slow. Luckily a friend of mine found a roth's reach which helped with that a good bit. It really only picks up when you get deadeye and even then it's still feels slow probably due to the firing rate even with faster attacks. Damage seems decent enough though.

Only real concern is the life of the totem is extremely low. Also I'm not sure about bloodrage. You aren't getting any life back since you aren't killing anything and I don't know if the attack speed given works on balistas? That hp degen is pretty hefty. I got to maps so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the build !
Last edited by dowie on Dec 15, 2019, 6:12:09 AM
I thought it was an interesting build, away from the "meta" but I can't even delve lvl 55 without dying. Totems are too weak and 20k dps is useless, couldn't find good items yet, mapping is damn slow and a pain in the butt, I should've probably waited and rushed another character so i can get the currency required to buy good bows and stuff.

Thanks for your effort but this is on par with my worst character I've ever played right now.
Last edited by KaiEbel on Dec 15, 2019, 12:01:23 PM
So im running this build with burning arrow on a 4 link and the ballistas on a 4 link as well while leveling. The ballista's by themselves while leveling is too weak.
Last edited by apachefx on Dec 15, 2019, 7:33:35 PM
"
Katalaeia wrote:
"
Great rares will come.

Haha, I figured that would be the case eventually. The question was more along the lines of, is there a tipping point where giving up the huge chunk of attack speed becomes worth it for the other stats I can get on a rare?

I'm level 67 now and still rocking my level 11 or 12 Storm Cloud. I've found a couple "okay" rares that would have been solid upgrades if the attack speed were removed from the equation.
Nah, there isn't really a tipping point. Sometimes great rolls happen on level 40 items, sometimes you never see them ;).

"
"
Leech would only go back to the totem, not us :(. So I removed the leech nodes that were in 3.8 (let me know if you find any mistakes I made with the tree).

In the "passive tree explained" section of your guide, you still refer to rushing for the mana leech node. Until I saw this reply I thought I was blind because I couldn't find a mana leech node that was part of the build XD With Clarity it has been a non-issue so I wasn't bothered by it.
Dang! You're a bug finder! Thank you! I removed Leech from the guide as soon as I saw your post. Thanks again for tolerating my errors.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
dowie wrote:
The leveling for this build is painfully slow. Luckily a friend of mine found a roth's reach which helped with that a good bit. It really only picks up when you get deadeye and even then it's still feels slow probably due to the firing rate even with faster attacks. Damage seems decent enough though.

Only real concern is the life of the totem is extremely low. Also I'm not sure about bloodrage. You aren't getting any life back since you aren't killing anything and I don't know if the attack speed given works on balistas? That hp degen is pretty hefty. I got to maps so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the build !
"
KaiEbel wrote:
I thought it was an interesting build, away from the "meta" but I can't even delve lvl 55 without dying. Totems are too weak and 20k dps is useless, couldn't find good items yet, mapping is damn slow and a pain in the butt, I should've probably waited and rushed another character so i can get the currency required to buy good bows and stuff.

Thanks for your effort but this is on par with my worst character I've ever played right now.
Thanks dowie and KaiEbel,

Ya, the 3.9 patch notes really hurt this build. Both EH and "Attack Totem" got hit hard. Levelling is tough for sure. Thank you both for your honesty.

Blood Rage is only in there to see if the attack rate that it gives the totems is worth it or not. Let me know what you think as I'm only in Act 3. Let me know how mapping goes dowie.

KaiEbel, if you're up for it, I'd love some edifying feedback. What level were you when you moved on (if you did) and which ascendancy nodes you chose.

Thank you both. I appreciate it.

Annnnnd

"
apachefx wrote:
So im running this build with burning arrow on a 4 link and the ballistas on a 4 link as well while leveling. The ballista's by themselves while leveling is too weak.
I hear you apachefx,

I'm really disappointed with the levelling ability of Ballista Totem Support. I don't like levelling with skills that the eventual build isn't going to use, but in this case, it's almost a must. It's almost worth just firing the bow by your self and levelling the totem on its own until it's level 15 or so. Too bad. Thanks for your honesty.

Annnnnd

"
You're a bug finder! Thank you! I removed Leech from the guide as soon as I saw your post. Thanks again for tolerating my errors.

Please don't beat yourself up. You write wonderful, easy-to-follow guides and post actively in them helping your fellow players out. It's easy to miss one random sentence here and there that changed.

Level 77 now and still using that dang "pre-teen" bow. I'm just laughing at how silly this feels, but the damage is there and the best rare I've found so far was still a 2,000-point drop in tooltip DPS.
"

KaiEbel, if you're up for it, I'd love some edifying feedback. What level were you when you moved on (if you did) and which ascendancy nodes you chose.

Thank you both. I appreciate it.

I'm lvl 72 right now, changed to Ballista totems at 65. 5k dps per totem.

I don't even survive cruel lab long enough, so I'm just one point short to ranger ascendancy.

I'm probably quitting PoE, because it doesn't make any sense to continue, if I keep getting one hitted, can't gain xp, can't find currency and buy me stuff. I don't find any good bows, my current bow is just a tiny bit better than a bow around lvl 40, it's not your fault, maybe it's just got nerfed too hard.
Last edited by KaiEbel on Dec 16, 2019, 5:17:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info