[3.9] Speedclearing Quill Rain ELE hit | MoM | 7700 EHP W/O Kaoms | EO | <1 minute t16 clears

INTRODUCTION:
3.9 update: Quill rain was nerfed right after 3.4 to include a 40% damage reduction attached with it. It has since been reduced to 30% as of 3.9 so I will again be trying this build out to see if it viable with ele hit nerfs. To do this I will be switching to a +2 frostferno which puts us dealing 10% less damage than before, even with the quillrain nerf. The only real loss when switching out the helm is -20% movement speed from devotos, this means the build will feel slightly slower than previously but I don't see it effecting the builds overall identity.

This build is not one for bossing but a different take on deadeye META that is typically dominated by Windripper builds. I got level 100 with this build in Delve so the power exists.

I am confident in its ability to carry you through maps if your goal is to achieve level 100. We achieve this through many defensive layers as well as the ability to kill mobs before they ever have a chance to hit you.

DEFENSIVE LAYERS:
The core of this build is like I said earlier, to obtain level 100 by farming maps as safe and as quickly as possible. This is made possible through the use of evasion and MoM that we grab from the left side of the tree. Having this in mind I traveled over there early into my 90s which allowed me to also grab AoF while I was near it. You likely noticed that this is an EO build based on the title of this thread. We are going for sustained damage in order to get consistent damage output the entire time that we are mapping. I went through many different trees before deciding on this one for the reason that any more damage was simply unnecessary. I will now elaborate more on the layers that I have been talking about.

Phase Acro: This one should be a no-brainer, we are stacking evasion because of QOTF. The synergies here are so perfect that not picking this up would be idiotic. It adds 40/30 dodge on top of our 80% chance that we already have from evasion stacking.

MoM: Through the use of Mind over matter we are able to get an extra 1700 mana on top of our already existing rather impressive life pool. This brings our total EHP to around 7700 without a Kaom's. For a bow character, this is quite fantastic. Especially with our goal of again, getting to level 100.

Phasing: We are pretty much 100% uptime on phasing due to getting it on 2 abyssal jewels. This allows us to never get stuck on mobs which means less chance of dying to misplays. This goes along with the entire "mobs can't hit us" thing that I was talking about a bit earlier.

Shattering: On death effects are no funny. The only reasonable way around this is to avoid them altogether. We use Pyre ring to achieve this feat. This is an amazing added bonus here because we need Pyre anyways to convert our wasted cold damage to fire. Because ya know, We are AoF.

VIDEOS:

POB:
Spoiler
3.4 HH tree: https://pastebin.com/egVm7UAa

3.9 Frostferno tree: https://pastebin.com/Gj3KL9cN

NOTES: You can replace Gluttony with whatever belt you feel like if you need more res/damage.

The videos will speak for themselves. If you have any other questions or requests then feel free to comment below.

BUDGET NOTES:
In order to make this build budget, you simply need to remove HH, Rigwalds and the Taming. The build is still very manageable without these but I appreciate them for QoL. This build is likely achievable with a budget of a few ex. This is of course not counting the 6L qotf. Although assuming that you're farming T16s I would think that you already have those funds available to buy the gear. If this isn't the case you can just buy a 5L in it's place. I can't promise how smooth it will be at that point for T16 maps though.

CLOSING NOTES:

Here is a link to my previous thread on this build in 3.4. There are replies there so you can see others who have tried it out back in the day.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2233680/page/1

I didn't mention a lot of typical guide stuff here because I figured if you're here and looking for this kind of build then you would already know what pantheons to use. Most of that stuff isn't important anyways, just map fast and eat ass.
Last edited by SmallSon on Dec 14, 2019, 12:42:57 AM
Last bumped on Apr 12, 2020, 9:02:16 PM
hey gonna test your build this league, as we use frostferno for single target and use cold to fire support on aoe clear with aof we got the 100% already, is pyre destruction really better than a good opal or whatever

also mind over matter passive mana nodes are gone, so we end up having around 1k mana - that beeing said we could use other mana nodes to get up to 1.5k and using an additional skill point
do you think its still worth picking mom
"
schubbey wrote:
hey gonna test your build this league, as we use frostferno for single target and use cold to fire support on aoe clear with aof we got the 100% already, is pyre destruction really better than a good opal or whatever

also mind over matter passive mana nodes are gone, so we end up having around 1k mana - that beeing said we could use other mana nodes to get up to 1.5k and using an additional skill point
do you think its still worth picking mom

If we go frostferno route we can ditch the queen for potentially a kaoms in order to get that same amount of HP that we had with MoM. With the removal of the mana nodes being MoM we still have 1.2k mana which will put the build around 7k EHP. Might be the best option to use those 3 points for more damage because we will be neededing it to make up the difference.

I would still pick up MoM even with the changes to the nodes attached to it.

In the case of Pyre shatter its just QOL for me. Destroying corpses is such a strong ability to have while mapping that I can't see myself giving it up. If you need damage in its slot though it won't change anything to swap it for an opal. Like you said above this will require a cold to fire gem in order to get that missing conversion however.

Your "3.9" pob doesn't even use a 3.9 skill tree. Please fix.
"
TheRealSin wrote:

Only thing that changes is losing the 3 nodes behind MoM which is talked about in the post. Its been updated anyways.
"
SmallSon wrote:
"
TheRealSin wrote:

Only thing that changes is losing the 3 nodes behind MoM which is talked about in the post. Its been updated anyways.

Thanks! It was also missing the bottom left node area where celerity was.
Good luck man. I tried out my old Ele Hit quillrain build in std (T16 city square map with 40% res) today and it was really mediocre. Clear was fine until beyond bosses spawned. They were not killable with QR. Even with a +2 legacy double dmg bow it was a pain in the ass. The nerf of EH + monster health and resistances kinda killed the build unfortunately.

But I wish you the best if you wanna make the build viable again.
Last edited by dEus__ on Dec 16, 2019, 8:35:32 PM
Pyre + AoF + cold to fire from frostferno means your converting over 100% of your damage on ST, Just so you know over 100% doesn't mean more damage, otherwise good build tho :)
Could I have the gear and gem setup?
what order do you do the ascendancies?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info