[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Anyone knows how this version feels in comparison to maathil's assassin ice nova?
Decent league start as leveling was a little bit rough. I’m currently pushing through yellow maps while killing everything (including being able to full-clear the map with Delirium instance). The only problem I can think of right now is that Delirium mobs can sometimes just outright one-shot us, but that might be fixed with the build’s actual gear. If not, I may switch to Guardian and push block instead.
Last edited by Fyrenti on Mar 15, 2020, 9:23:15 AM
"
The only problem I can think of right now is that Delirium mobs can sometimes just outright one-shot us

Are the one shots coming with higher-level delirium mobs? I have not really had trouble with them through 40. Died a couple of times to them very early...

Overall, the early leveling has been fine for a league start with a new build. I ended up using a 4L Frostbolt and 3L Holy Nova Totem. While it wasn't OP, it did enough damage to get by. I enjoy boss fights where you have to work a little to stay alive because it takes longer than 5 seconds to kill them.

Switching over to FB + Ice Nova (both 4L) to clear the slave pens and control blocks was like night and day. Looking forward to getting the most out of the new playstyle.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Mar 15, 2020, 2:39:05 PM
Had a decent league start, but very slow at the beginning because I had to work over the weekend and I farmed a Pledge of Hands before really diving into maps.

Build is good in Delirium, but my observations were:

Cast Speed determines survivability, because if you stand still, you're dead in Delirium.

Getting a Medium Cluster Jewel with Cold Conduction did wonders for improving DPS.

Up to t7 maps currently and working on getting 6th watchstone.

Overall pretty shit gear, except for the weapon. Working on getting Pandemonius Amulet as the next upgrade.

How is everyone else finding it? especially in Red Maps?
I've been stuggling while leveling (ACT5 atm). I took a break and did another character--i noticed my damage is REALLY low. Now i did just get Ice Nova and can start to clear levels, but any good items to help level--

I am dreading going through the last 5 acts with my damage the way it is--I had trouble with bosses I usually float past (piety who i can usually blast past, Koam--Malachi wasn't too bad, its new build for me and a few deaths but meh) Dreading Kitava.
This build is so awesome and cool dude, just bought the last cards and linked the staff with 150 fuses, the damage now is INSANE.

Time to craft better items to increase my survival on Delirium content.

(Atm i'm going to try "archmage", the support that im using in that slot is conc. effect)
Last edited by Tai on Mar 15, 2020, 3:47:30 PM
"
I've been stuggling while leveling (ACT5 atm). I took a break and did another character--i noticed my damage is REALLY low. Now i did just get Ice Nova and can start to clear levels, but any good items to help level--

I am dreading going through the last 5 acts with my damage the way it is--I had trouble with bosses I usually float past (piety who i can usually blast past, Koam--Malachi wasn't too bad, its new build for me and a few deaths but meh) Dreading Kitava.

Your damage is low at least in part because you have a white staff (no mods), and you haven't done your first lab. Going from 3L to 4L will also help.

Your EH is pretty low for act 5 and your resists are also very low. You can get away with not capping for a bit, but act 5 starts to get tough; you're basically taking double elemental damage.

It looks like you didn't play last league. The mobs got a huge boost in health, so the fights last a lot longer than you remember. It's not all just low damage on your part.

You can check out my Iceman if you want a comparison. He's 41 so right where you are. https://pastebin.com/hRJWzs9E
Last edited by GreyLensman on Mar 15, 2020, 3:54:59 PM
"
webas wrote:
where is this:

Up to 88% Attack Avoid Ch.
+ Up to 67% Spell Avoid Ch.

? I see none in pob.. maybe its only in the 50ex build with farruls?

Having hard time regaining HP and mana if im low on both.. basically survivability is worse than my glass cannon ranger. Get hit - die.

Not sure where you're looking...it's there.
Avoidance numbers usually have flasks or Vaal Grace built in. The numbers above are from the Delve build, but the Standard build also gets good numbers with Perfect Form as a chest.

I'm only at 43 with crap gear right now. It will never be a face-tanking build, but I'm not having any trouble. Also no problem with regen. You do want one of each flask for leveling. Not sure about later.

Cheers

already answered above...
Last edited by veenarm on Mar 15, 2020, 4:17:59 PM
Frost Bolt + Ice Nova was my favorite Build(Played Assassin and Raider in past Leagues) in PoE, but i have to say i really dont like the new Ice nova effect.

I liked the old one better, the new one is to bright.
Last edited by V4ldaran on Mar 15, 2020, 4:22:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info