[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

Sirus is entirely a mechanical fight. Pretty much any build can do him if you know what you're doing, and this build is no different. I've killed him on Awakener lv 4 so far, working towards an 8 soon.

Really the only frustrating thing is dealing with the storms. Strongly recommend bringing more than once life flask and using the Ryslatha pantheon.
I don't doubt that the build is fully capable of sirius, it's just that a lot of people i'm reccommending this bulid to are asking whether this can do sirius, this can do t16s, this and that so i just want a video to send to them
"
Hypershot1 wrote:
Sirus is entirely a mechanical fight. Pretty much any build can do him if you know what you're doing, and this build is no different. I've killed him on Awakener lv 4 so far, working towards an 8 soon.

Really the only frustrating thing is dealing with the storms. Strongly recommend bringing more than once life flask and using the Ryslatha pantheon.

I think part of it is people wanting to see how fast it can do Sirus as well. Elder was largely simple once you knew how to do it with the occasional fu moments (some summoner builds could do it naked with blue gear). But I'm curious how long this build allows Sirus to remain active in his phases. A lot of build videos are demonstrating rippy t16's, their metamorphs and Sirus on awakener 6 or higher. The build creator made an excellent showcase video for this build in 3.8, but some 3.9 stuff would be great.
"
Prypcio wrote:

- Arcane surge is linked to my flame dash, I dash all the time so it's up constantly even if it takes two casts; this allowed me to link frostbolt to onslaught which feels too nice to pass up

What is your uptime of onslaught with that setup? There's only a chance to gain the buff ifu deal a killing blow with frostbolt or hitting a unique enemy, so I guess it's mainly vs bosses?
So ia m litle confused i just got 5 link perfect form from a friend and 6 link pledge. But now i see people are talking about ferrul's or whatever the name is of the chest and 6 link chests.. I andurstanded only 5 link is needed so what is this about 6 link? And what about this new chest? I am litle confused...
"
Prypcio wrote:
- Arcane surge is linked to my flame dash, I dash all the time so it's up constantly even if it takes two casts; this allowed me to link frostbolt to onslaught which feels too nice to pass up

- Linked lightning golem to CWDT along with steelskin, little dude's too squishy to bother resummonning him all the time

I would highly suggest to rather go for an onslaught on kill jewel because that also triggers on ice nova kills and it doesnt eat up a gem slot, which could be used for decoy totem for example.
Last edited by Moethelion on Dec 29, 2019, 5:50:52 PM
"
Maestery wrote:
So ia m litle confused i just got 5 link perfect form from a friend and 6 link pledge. But now i see people are talking about ferrul's or whatever the name is of the chest and 6 link chests.. I andurstanded only 5 link is needed so what is this about 6 link? And what about this new chest? I am litle confused...

You do not need a 6L at all, don't even know what you would link it with. With this chest you have 100% uptime on max power charges, when you use aspect of the cat (no mana reseved with that chest as well). So you don't need Skyforth boots and can use tailwind on crit boots instead, which greatly boosts you clearspped.
"
Maestery wrote:

The new chest and boots are more GG end game gear (the chest costs 7 ex without any linking. Boots are 4 ex ish). This seems more like a late game spend to speed up map clearing than a required item of the build, and perfect form certainly seems a much better defensive chest. As far as the boots in the build, I believe they are necessary as without them you have no reliable power charge generation on bosses.
<deleted>
Last edited by faytte on Dec 29, 2019, 12:36:17 PM
"
Philey wrote:
"
Prypcio wrote:

What is your uptime of onslaught with that setup? There's only a chance to gain the buff ifu deal a killing blow with frostbolt or hitting a unique enemy, so I guess it's mainly vs bosses?

It's up most of the time when I look at the buff bar, so it's enough for me.

"
Moethelion wrote:
"
Prypcio wrote:

- Linked lightning golem to CWDT along with steelskin, little dude's too squishy to bother resummonning him all the time

I would highly suggest to rather go for an onslaught on kill jewel because that also triggers on ice nova kills and it doesnt eat up a gem slot, which could be used for decoy totem for example.

I used the lightning golem CWDT with steelskin as well, but then I realized it will always only trigger one of both things, which makes it very bad imo because you might not get steelskin when you really need it. So I just cast my lightning golem on downtime waiting for chests etc.

Onslaught on jewel is ok but I like occasional uptime on bosses. Also I don't think you're right about CWDT, from what I found all spells trigger at once.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info