[3.13] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - Very fast and tanky poison wander

"
Oh I have plenty of DPS already (meling down lvl 83 conquerors in under 3 seconds, including Drox through his shield bubble). More ife is what I personally needed, not damage. Plus the Scion area gives me another jewel socket.

I am at 188% life from tree, I am saying that a second jewel cluster is just better for life (but more expensive) because small life cluster jewels are just better than generic 5% life nodes. You can even get flat life on them, but those are more expensive. Something to do for min maxing.

For example,
has resists and flat life on minor nodes and costs < 1 ex
Last edited by Stealthyy on Apr 7, 2020, 12:46:07 PM
Hi guys !
started this toon yesterday and am level 45 going through act pretty quickly

starting to collect the final gear what wand should i use until i can craft one meself ?

and how do we attack with Kbolt AND PS ? whats the order? whats the use of both?

thank you
"
DrillahKillah wrote:
Hi guys !

starting to collect the final gear what wand should i use until i can craft one meself ?

and how do we attack with Kbolt AND PS ? whats the order? whats the use of both?

thank you

Obliteration (check starter setup in PoB).

And kblast is used for clearing, power siphon is used for single target.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
DrillahKillah wrote:
Hi guys !

thank you

Obliteration (check starter setup in PoB).

And kblast is used for clearing, power siphon is used for single target.

Well thank you very much oh ill check starter setup i didnt even notice :D thankkks
Been levelling a bit more. Clear is great, it's the fastest build I've played in a while (35% MS + tailwind boots help!)
Shield charge stil feels clunky though, not sure why but wand + shield always does. Maybe I need a faster wand, got no attack speed roll on it.
Single target isn't amazing, not sure if I'm missing something, I haven't got much more damage nodes to take though few more levels on supports will help I guess. Damage amulet and a dps anoint might help too. Plus a circle of nostalgia if I can fix resists (Though I don't need the buff effect for poison with current wand)

Still not sure about additional defense mechanics. Probably just going to put in a brutal restraint for wind dancer, as I can just drop it in without needing anything else. Trying to get one that gives me something vaguely useful on hired killer too, but that's probably a bit greedy.
"
Carlovski wrote:

Shield charge stil feels clunky though, not sure why but wand + shield always does.

Try putting some quality on Shield Charge. You get a 1% speed boost with every point of quality. If you want to keep it at level 15 then just buy one with 20% quality assuming you are not playing solo self found.
Last edited by cirerrek on Apr 8, 2020, 11:14:51 AM
Notes from leveling as this build WITH the recommended leveling items and a Life Sprig. (currently level 40ish and just finished the Control Blocks after hitting Oriath).

*General*

Ignore rare mobs as much as possible while leveling. As with most chaos based builds (EDC for example) your damage will be low until you get sufficient poison damage, multiplication, or duration bonuses from the passive skill tree and/or your gems and gear.

Do kill blue mobs though as they provide a good chunk of experience to keep you on level with the various areas that you go through.

The couple of times I've popped Blood Rage (it is on level with where I am at in game), I haven't been happy about the amount of degeneration. This may get better as I get more sustain through passives and gear.

*Mana sustain*

Keep Precision at level 5.

Keep the following at level 1.

Wither
Spell Totem Support (you have to use a mule to get this before Chapter 3 and doing the Library quest for Siosa)
Multiple Totem Support

You may also find you need to pick up the Soul Siphon notable on the passive skill tree to have the mana to sustain your ability usuage, especially if you aren't running the two Perandus Signet rings for a massive dose of mana (around 50-60 per ring if well rolled) and mana regeneration.

*Ability Binds*

If you use every gem listed in the leveling portion of the guide you will run out of slots on your normal ability bar. You can bind Withering Step to your left mouse button which causes it to be used on cooldown, but while on cooldown you can't use Dash.

*Sockets*

Do note that Added Chaos Damage Support gems are blue while the ones you will be replacing are green so you need to plan accordingly.

*Squishiness*

Not going to lie, the build is squishy. You have no physical damage mitigation running the leveling unique items and you are short on resistances. You could get some physical damage mitigation by running a Summon Chaos Golem (reward from Oyun for completing Breaking the Seal in Ch4). Basically when bossing try not to get hit by anything and make liberal use of Steelskin.

If you are using the leveling uniques the easiest items to change are the amulet, boots (though you lose immunity to the Frozen status effect and potentially 20% movement speed), belt, gloves, and of course you have some freedom in your choice of main and off hand weapons/shield.

*Fun*

Squishiness aside, it is pretty fun to zoom around with the burst of movement speed you get from Withering Step and blast things once with a Kinetic Bolt and Bladefall/Ethereal Knives with the touch of one button via Spellslinger and then run past them knowing they will die to your DOT.

And it is even more fun now that I understand how to use Plague Bearer!

If you can put quality on your Spell Totem Support I recommend having it at 20% as it makes totem placement much faster so you don't have to wait as long for the animation to complete (if league start I wouldn't do this as gemcutter's prism are a precious commodity).
Last edited by cirerrek on Apr 8, 2020, 1:57:41 PM
Hey guys !

now level 70 and doing alright in maps...

Only thing i have a hard time is mana... I have a jewel with +2 mana per enemy hit but its not enough i keep slamming the mana pot..

any tips ? cheers
"
DrillahKillah wrote:
Hey guys !

now level 70 and doing alright in maps...

Only thing i have a hard time is mana... I have a jewel with +2 mana per enemy hit but its not enough i keep slamming the mana pot..

any tips ? cheers

Not to lvl 70, yet,

-Mana flask with the Enduring prefix
-Mana leach from tree, jewels, and items
-Items that give you base mana, and %mana
-Make sure Precision isn't too high of a level (the amount of mana it reserves goes up at higher levels)
-For about 5.2 exalts (last time I bought one) you can attach Herald of Agony to an lvl 4 Enlighten support gem which reduces its mana reservation to 88% of normal. lvl 3 Enlighten support is 92% IIRC correctly and should be significantly cheaper.
-Lab Enchants on your gear that give Herald of Agony lower mana reservation (they are applied before an Enlighten gem based on my testing).
-If you keep your spell totem, wither, and multiple totems support low level they cost less mana to cast, however I believe low level totems have less life so they die faster.

The mana stuff was giving me fits while trying to figure out how to run Cyclone, Heralds of Purity, Blood and Sand, Flesh and Stone + Maim support, and maybe one day Dread Banner as well.

This build it was when I hit about lvl 40 and plugged in Added Chaos Damage along with Bladefall. I couldn't cast Despair at all.

That was when I noticed that Precision was kept at level 5 and the totems were kept at lvl 1 in the PoB for the build.
Last edited by cirerrek on Apr 8, 2020, 3:51:48 PM
Did most of this but not the mana on item :)

i'll give it a try just need to corrupt the glove to get despair so i can switch the gem with enlighten !!!

thxx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info