[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

your health is the most important thing.

dont worry about us haha.

if you can update stuff we appreciate it . if not i just hope you are feeling well.

good luck in your recovery!
IGN- Shaeyaena
Definitely focus on your health. Update what you can, but there are more important things in life.

I've played your freezing pulse totem build multiple leagues, including my only 100 character. That said, single target damage was always iffy, and no easy way to 5 projectiles bothers me a lot.

Fortunately, your siege ballista totem guide is fantastic for league start, and scales smoothly to all but the most brutal content. (Feared, Uber Elder are fine) If they aren't completely lying about no real nerfs and don't surprise nerf added cold damage, I heartily recommend your siege ballista totem guide.

Edit: speling iz hrd.
Last edited by Covenant on Apr 29, 2022, 10:26:38 PM
Love this smooth build.
May best to your health!
Hope you feel better soon and make a full recovery. If you ever feel up to it I recommend taking a look at using the unique triple damage staff and omniscience. You can get some crazy totem damage raking the approach. Understand if you don't feel up to it though.

Take it easy.
"
Hope you feel better soon and make a full recovery. If you ever feel up to it I recommend taking a look at using the unique triple damage staff and omniscience. You can get some crazy totem damage raking the approach. Understand if you don't feel up to it though.

Take it easy.

Yea but currently Freezing Pulse Totem (or Spell Totem in general) isn't really a good "league-start" build, but at least can scale pretty well in term of DPS now if you can manage a setup with The Annihilating Light and Crystallised Omniscience (both BIS and usually cheap item).

Here my PoB of my 3.17 build for anyone that might be interested: https://pastebin.com/XVhuqjFE

I finished #1 Hierophant in Archnemesis and mostly played FP Totem (although I did try most other elemental spell skill gems with the setup to try to find some alternative, but Freezing Pulse base damage + it's a cold spell + it's a fast projectile: it's pretty much impossible to beat Freezing Pulse for Spell Totem).

If someone feel like playing something else Spell Totem wise, Rolling Magma and Ball Lightning are also pretty good DPS-wise but lack the survivability/defensive aspect that Freezing Pulse bring.

For something more meme: VD totem + Consecrate/Unearth (Crazy damage but wacky playstyle and rippy) or Storm Brand totem (or any Brand tbh, it's just pretty scuffed).

But Dexterity-Stacking Siege Ballista totem is simply easier at league start to setup, it's easier to scale and you can league-start with Explosive Arrow and then transition into it.

With Spell Totem, we're pretty much stuck with Wave of Conviction + Holy Flame Totem until the swap, which is not that bad, but not that great either.
"
loloppe wrote:
"

Take it easy.

Yea but currently Freezing Pulse Totem (or Spell Totem in general) isn't really a good "league-start" build, but at least can scale pretty well in term of DPS now if you can manage a setup with The Annihilating Light and Crystallised Omniscience (both BIS and usually cheap item).

Here my PoB of my 3.17 build for anyone that might be interested: https://pastebin.com/XVhuqjFE

I finished #1 Hierophant in Archnemesis and mostly played FP Totem (although I did try most other elemental spell skill gems with the setup to try to find some alternative, but Freezing Pulse base damage + it's a cold spell + it's a fast projectile: it's pretty much impossible to beat Freezing Pulse for Spell Totem).

If someone feel like playing something else Spell Totem wise, Rolling Magma and Ball Lightning are also pretty good DPS-wise but lack the survivability/defensive aspect that Freezing Pulse bring.

For something more meme: VD totem + Consecrate/Unearth (Crazy damage but wacky playstyle and rippy) or Storm Brand totem (or any Brand tbh, it's just pretty scuffed).

But Dexterity-Stacking Siege Ballista totem is simply easier at league start to setup, it's easier to scale and you can league-start with Explosive Arrow and then transition into it.

With Spell Totem, we're pretty much stuck with Wave of Conviction + Holy Flame Totem until the swap, which is not that bad, but not that great either.

Are you league starting ballistas?
"

I'm probably gonna league start Wave of Conviction + Holy Flame Totem and then transition into Freezing Pulse totem when I'll have a Soul Mantle + Kikazaru setup. I don't really mind the lack of single target early on and usually get pretty far on day 1, but I wouldn't recommend the same to people with less or no experience with the build.

The clear is pretty good, but early mapping can be quite tricky, the build is pretty low on defense early on and pretty much no single target, and Ice Spear/Creeping Frost swap is not really worth doing while mapping, it's just a chore.

The early upgrades for the build are hard to get, Viridi's Veil take a while before becoming available and pretty much the same for the staff and amulet and we can't really use any of this without the whole setup.

I pretty much make-do with Self-Flagellation, try to 6l a Soul Mantle early or buy one if possible, level up gems and start accumulating currency in t16 as soon as possible.

I was usually using 5way carry to push 100 but it's probably won't be a good option anymore, maybe Chayula Breachstone or just straight mapping will do the trick this time. I'm not sure if I'll go for #1 Hierophant in 3.18, it's just cost way too much currency and is pretty unfun.

For people wondering, it cost around 50c per 5way (or a bit cheaper if you're the reset, but the price fluctuate per league). At level 99, one 5way was giving around 4% exp. I expect price of 5way service to stay in a similar range, but the exp to be lower due to the hh nerf (maybe 3% now).

Also, the new jewel Sublime Vision might be completely busted if a version for Hatred with Brittle exist. It would give us 40-50% more damage. But it will probably be extremely expensive (50ex+).
Last edited by loloppe on May 6, 2022, 7:19:00 PM
"
loloppe wrote:
"

I'm probably gonna league start Wave of Conviction + Holy Flame Totem and then transition into Freezing Pulse totem when I'll have a Soul Mantle + Kikazaru setup. I don't really mind the lack of single target early on and usually get pretty far on day 1, but I wouldn't recommend the same to people with less or no experience with the build.

The clear is pretty good, but early mapping can be quite tricky, the build is pretty low on defense early on and pretty much no single target, and Ice Spear/Creeping Frost swap is not really worth doing while mapping, it's just a chore.

The early upgrades for the build are hard to get, Viridi's Veil take a while before becoming available and pretty much the same for the staff and amulet and we can't really use any of this without the whole setup.

I pretty much make-do with Self-Flagellation, try to 6l a Soul Mantle early or buy one if possible, level up gems and start accumulating currency in t16 as soon as possible.

I was usually using 5way carry to push 100 but it's probably won't be a good option anymore, maybe Chayula Breachstone or just straight mapping will do the trick this time. I'm not sure if I'll go for #1 Hierophant in 3.18, it's just cost way too much currency and is pretty unfun.

For people wondering, it cost around 50c per 5way (or a bit cheaper if you're the reset, but the price fluctuate per league). At level 99, one 5way was giving around 4% exp. I expect price of 5way service to stay in a similar range, but the exp to be lower due to the hh nerf (maybe 3% now).

Also, the new jewel Sublime Vision might be completely busted if a version for Hatred with Brittle exist. It would give us 40-50% more damage. But it will probably be extremely expensive (50ex+).

I've league started fp totems [via Holy Flame Totem first] about 50% of the time, the other leagues I've started as skelly mages or carrion golems.

Mage upgrades are so expensive early on, so am considering totems to clear my atlas and farm currency. Also tinkering with u idea of EA ignite ballirtas via elementalist. Though I've never done it before and I don't usually league start builds I've never done, but Palsterons guide makes it look great and cheap to get going.

One thing I wasn't sure about was how you sort resistances with FP totems using annihilating light and omni. Using Vridies, a magic ring, cowards legacy, Soul mantle, and the freezing unique ammy (I forget the name, post covid brain fog), you only have gloves, boots, and a ring to stack resistances / attributes.

I did a winter orb ascendant last league that could stack res and attributes in most slots and it was still tough capping resistances.
I am planning to league start this and here's my version at lvl68. I do not use Kikazaru rings, I found enough via the tree (Asylum cluster+its mastery has 50%, Armor and Energy Shield mastery has another 20%), rotblood promise (20% and curse aura) and Doedre's Spite for the last 10%. I am not sure whether the damage will be enough to start mapping but I hope so https://pobb.in/V1d6YurPvdIb

Later slotting in Kikazaru would allow for Coward's Legacy, I think. Coward's Legacy is 50% increased but Kikazaru is 60% decreased -- we could drop Doedre's Spite.

The total cost of this should be less <20c.
"
loloppe wrote:
"

Do you have any PoB's for hard core mby? While nice damage, this build looks soft. Auras would help, but MoM is...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info