[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hello everyone,

I've made my preliminary updates for Freezing Pulse totems in 3.17, including a pass on the leveling notes and a preliminary PoB with some custom config lines to simulate 3.17 changes. When the actual PoB update releases, you'll either want to remove the custom config lines yourself or return to this thread for updated PoBs.

If you see any errors, typos, or just have questions, let me know. I'm a little pressed for time like I am just before every league start, so I'm trying to focus on getting the forum guides updated before trying to record any videos.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help and support in maintaining this build guide!
I'm going to start with this Build, in league 3.16 I made it and I liked it a lot.
I'll try to reproduce this one as much as I can, but always modifying it to my style of play.

I've been following this post every day, anxiously awaiting updates.

Grateful
Going to be league starting and wanted a refresher. Under act 1 you have the following paragraph twice, just wanted to provide the info:

You will also encounter your first Labyrinth trial in this act, within the Lower Prison. I'd recommend completing Labyrinth trials as you progress through the story rather than going back for them, as they are all very easy, and later trials will contain useful crafting recipes.
"
BloodyFiesta wrote:
Going to be league starting and wanted a refresher. Under act 1 you have the following paragraph twice, just wanted to provide the info:

You will also encounter your first Labyrinth trial in this act, within the Lower Prison. I'd recommend completing Labyrinth trials as you progress through the story rather than going back for them, as they are all very easy, and later trials will contain useful crafting recipes.

Must have been a weird formatting mistake, thanks!
Do we really ditch Flame Wall when we move to Holy Totem and Wave of Conviction Totem?
Last edited by RinsBiggestFan on Feb 5, 2022, 1:17:15 AM
"
Do we really ditch Flame Wall when we move to Holy Totem and Wave of Conviction Totem?

Don't need to, it's just if you need the socket space. It becomes less important when you pick up Ancestral Bond since the wall itself no longer deals damage to enemies standing on it.

I've been messing around in PoB ever since it updated for 3.17 and I it feels like I overestimated where the damage would be for this build by like ~20%. I'm not really entirely sure how I managed to do that still.

That doesn't really brick the build or anything, but it definitely makes the patch changes a sound nerf overall compared to where I expected it to land. Unless there's just some error in the current PoB update (which at the moment I don't see), I'm a bit less inclined to recommend the build as I was.
I started the league with this BUILD of yours, I'm still in ACT 3 and I'm enjoying it, but it's still too early for me to draw any conclusions.

Now, you would still recommend starting the league with this BUILD, from what I followed there was some damage reduction on the Totem, but nothing that harms in order to make it unfeasible to play with it.

What do you think?

PS.: in your last POB, you didn't update the items part the SOUL MANTLE still has the prefix of +1 Totem.
Last edited by Tyrun_Dern on Feb 5, 2022, 5:26:53 AM
"
Tyrun_Dern wrote:
I started the league with this BUILD of yours, I'm still in ACT 3 and I'm enjoying it, but it's still too early for me to draw any conclusions.

Now, you would still recommend starting the league with this BUILD, from what I followed there was some damage reduction on the Totem, but nothing that harms in order to make it unfeasible to play with it.

What do you think?

PS.: in your last POB, you didn't update the items part the SOUL MANTLE still has the prefix of +1 Totem.

I definitely don't think the build is bricked, I'm just trying to be as transparent and objective as possible about my own error.

Since you're still in act 3, you could consider swapping over to the Siege Ballista route if you're concerned about it, since that build also levels through act 3 with Holy Flame Totem like this build does. That build feels a bit more like a known quantity to me right now because it essentially did not change in this patch. I know exactly where it stands, and it is a strong build in SC trade league.

If you're much more interested in playing spell totem rather than ballistas, I'd say just stick with it. The issues I'm concerned about are more along the lines of how much gear is going to be needed to make the steps from yellows to reds to pinnacle content, not whether the build works or not on a basic level.
I don't understand. We were constantly told that all the changes surrounding Spell Totems were made to compensate for the huge damage increase of the skill gems and that there were no intentions to nerf existing builds based around Spell Totem. I don't know how losing 20-25% damage is in any way acceptable given the statements they made. Either we were simply lied to, or GGG didn't do a thorough enough job on calculating all the damage that would be lost as a result of all the changes they pushed out.
Last edited by Verdale on Feb 5, 2022, 12:43:55 PM
So, i'm doing this build, cuz Coc it's totaly inviable to do in this starter league. but , let me ask you somenthing. Why we are putting some points in Fire Damage ? Any node convert all fire damage to Cold ? Nice build as always man.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info