[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I was chatting in Global about my build and someone started messaging me about my build. Said to change up a few things.

I added Divergent Hypothermia.

Suggested to use Arcanist Brand linked to Frostbite and Frostbomb. I added Cold Snap to it as well, but feels a little clunky. I may link it to Sniper's Mark. So, AB-Frostbite-Sniper's Mark-Arcane Surge. Then Frost Bomb and Spell Cascade in the helm. The only thing I don't care for is the delay with the brand. Before it was curse and go. Now tis drop AB, wait, let it connect, wait, then it curses. It was really late last night and I ran out of time to do more thorough testing.

Had an open link, so tried Ice Golem on CWDT. meh. I'll revert it back to Cold Snap.

So,

CWDT-Bonechill-Cold Snap (from original build)

Arcanist Brand-Frostbite-Sniper's Mark-Arcane Surge

Frost Bomb-Cascade-Duration-Second Wind (also original)

lastly, he did mention dropping Conviction of Power for Arcane Blessing. PoB shows a DPS increase, but I'm short on Fire and Lightning Resist aby 12%. I just can't squeeze out any more resists on my gear so that will have to stay.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
in the POB tree i only see 3 int nodes near first snow, is the 25% damage not needed or am i reading the jewel wrong?
"
pvgoddijn wrote:
in the POB tree i only see 3 int nodes near first snow, is the 25% damage not needed or am i reading the jewel wrong?

yea, that confused me as well when I started. But it panned out alright. /shrug

https://pastebin.com/5YYuMh80

That's mine. Its pans out alright. I swear I had something like 1.7mil last night. Not sure what I'm missing or if I screwed something up in the config at home.
"
pvgoddijn wrote:

I'm looking at the builds on poeninja, but if the jewel is in the same spot (next to Pain Attunement) it has 40 int there. It doesn't have to be allocated. 4th int node is bottom right of the circle which would be the 2nd passive a shadow could get at their start heading north.
Ah, it doesn't have to be allocated? neat.
Done with the equipment because im poor and i dont want to waste a lot of EX.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/6sYqBvHk

Overview: without flasks but with normal buffs (charges and onslaugh) and debuffs (enemy chilled and 6 curses for Soul Mantle):

* HP: 2960
* Maps -> Freezing Pulse= 5.8M Shaper DPS
* Bosses -> Ice Spear (2° form all projectiles)= 16.6M Shaper DPS

It can kill the following bosses (that i have tried): Sirus A9, Maven, Uber Elder, Uber Atziri, All the invitations except the Synthesis one (i need 1 more map). Can't test the new Uber content that they added this league (Uber Legion, Ravaged Blight, etc) because poor and "casual".

Yes, its a Glass Cannon but its softcore so i pay for 6 portals and i will use them :)

Yes, the frostbite on-hit ring its pure QoL with culling

Maps:

Swap for important bosses and/or when i need Chaos Res (no need of crit chance flask):

Weapon swap for Zoom Zoom Rampage:

Last edited by pipo2 on Dec 7, 2021, 10:57:13 PM
i was looking again at the skills and im a bit confused about the vaal righteous fire i tried it and it depletes my life after a big hit, am i missing something? (how is that supposed to work)?
"
pvgoddijn wrote:
i was looking again at the skills and im a bit confused about the vaal righteous fire i tried it and it depletes my life after a big hit, am i missing something? (how is that supposed to work)?

From the wiki: "Cast when Damage Taken cannot support skills with a higher player level requirement than that of Cast when Damage Taken itself. Note that this restriction only applies to active skills; any level of other support gems may be used".

Maybe your Vaal Righteous Fire was triggered by Cast When Damage Taken and you dont want that. You only use the Vaal part of the skill for the +% more Spell Damage and mostly for bosses of tough mobs(situational).

Looking at your character your Vaal RF should be lvl 19 or 20 to not be supported by your CWDT lvl 17.
"
pvgoddijn wrote:

It's not after a big hit. Once you activate it, it will drain your es/life or a chunk quickly. This is the sacrifice to ramp up your damage for a short period. The only way to sustain that is to have high life/es regen or leech/gain is from something. Check out Righteous Fire builds. You get an understanding of how it works. Builds that utilize RF as the main attack and maintain 100% uptime.
Thanks for the clarification of Righteous fire.

Unrelated i found a jewel with 10% reduced effect of curses on you, would it be worth it to run that jewel, kizkazu & grutkul so i could unspec the Resistance and ailments wheel? since i would be at 100% reduced that way

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info