[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I asked earlier if this build worked with frostbolt, and the answer is yes as long as you switch out the threshhold jewels. I've been clearing t16 maps p easily with Frostbolt, you can also forgo projectile damage and make it work with hydrosphere, ice spear and glacial cascade with very minor adjustments.
Hey ppl, me again, i got a cluster jewel and the coward's legacy as upgrade, can someone take a general look at my chara DeusVultOnRocks and suggest the next upgrade(s) please?

Funding doesn't really matter, i'll get the upgrade as soon as i'll scrape the required funding XD
"
Rustoja wrote:
I would love to run Breathslealers, but I am of mind you would have to give up wise oak for this to make sense. Perhaps this is the way, I'm gonna mess with it in PoB a bit.

Spoiler
I just picked up Breathstealers this week and did not have to give up Wise Oak. Uncapped cold res still highest. And oh my gosh. First of all, even giving up the damage against chilled enemies mod, I picked up so much damage from the extra anoint. And doing Ultimatums is night and day difference now with all the spores providing auras. 2k+ more energy shield, cast speed, movement speed, it's crazy. I still die sometimes but not nearly as often.

"
Recla wrote:
Hey hoping to get a bit of further advice from you regarding the curse medium cluster jewel... if I were to get this, am I replacing my astonishing/cold conduction jewel or adding it into the large slot?

Spoiler
Yeah, as NoImagination said, where your viridian is. Ideally you want Blanketed Snow and 2 other good mods on your Large Cluster (Vengeful Commander, Disorienting Display, etc), which you have, and for your 2 medium you want your Astonishing Affliction/Cold Conduction AND your Master of Fear/Wish for Death if you are running double curses. That should be the highest dps combo.

"
hiei27 wrote:
can someone take a general look at my chara DeusVultOnRocks and suggest the next upgrade(s) please?

Spoiler
Firstly, swap your item rarity gem with Increased Crit Strike Support since you don't have 2 greens. Pick up the Pain Attunement node since you have Coward's Legacy and are on low life. That will be a huge damage increase. Get a Clear Mind jewel. Also, your large cluster only has 1 mod on it. Until you can get one with at least 2 good mods, maximum 8 passives so you aren't spending all your points in there, AND a good medium cluster then I don't think it's worth the passives. Right now you could get Throatseeker or something instead and have a lot more damage. Alternatively you could just put a good medium in that slot and forgo the Large until later. Then grab a 20/20 Freezing Pulse. Corrupted ones are like 5c, obv you want to get 21/20 as a priority but that can come later as they're still an ex or more. After 21/20 FP I would get a Pandemonius amulet. The defense from blinding enemies is a nice defensive layer which we don't have much of with this build. I think you need to replace your sceptres too. I know they both have lvl 1 cold gems but the dps mods are so low. You can drop the +1 cold and get sceptres with 30+ crit multi, 20+ cast speed, 90+ crit strike to spells, at least a tier 3 # to # elemental damage to spells, and 50+ spell damage (100+ if using wands). Your flasks need to be changed too. Wise Oak (make sure your cold resist is highest), if you need mana, switch your panicked flask to a hybrid and drop the mana and other life in exchange for a silver and quicksilver. You can get rid of your quartz if you get a phase run gem.
Last edited by etherel90 on May 14, 2021, 11:11:35 AM
I'm complete 36 Challenge with this build

Thank a lot to Wallch and NoImagination
Agreed. Wallach has made a great guide and NoImagination and limevan have been making great alternative suggestions. My character wouldn't be even close to where it is now without their guidance.
"
BillyHargrove wrote:
I asked earlier if this build worked with frostbolt, and the answer is yes as long as you switch out the threshhold jewels. I've been clearing t16 maps p easily with Frostbolt, you can also forgo projectile damage and make it work with hydrosphere, ice spear and glacial cascade with very minor adjustments.

Is there a big damage increase that makes up for what I would assume is a decrease in freeze?>
Hi Guys
I would really appreciate some help.
I am trying to transition to a two large cluster set up but my EHP really took a dump at doing so, and my DPS did not improve a lot either.
currently working on rerolling suffixes on double stat amulet, because rng really took a dump on me on the first roll, lol.
my HO dps with only aura activated is 188k

Here is my pastebin https://pastebin.com/stX20N91

The brutal restraint is giving me 50% chc ,20% increased elemental damage and 5% of physical damage converted to cold damasge (I do not need the dex from this jewel so it can be removed)

I can see other builds on poe ninja with about the same gear and twice as much DPS anmd much better EHP, so I really do not know where to go from here to improve both.
I'm currently hitting a wall - and that is with crafting my wands. The ones I have now are OK (in my eyes, i know compared to a adept crafter they have alot of room for improvement) but i really don't know where to start in crafting a superior wand. I have a ilvl 83 redeemer base imbued wand, my problem is not knowing whether to alt/scour/chaos spam, when to exalt? use fossils? harvest? etc.

I know it may be a big ask, but if someone could atleast point me in the right direction I'd be super thankful. I've watched some guides but they seem to all focus on minion modifier crafts and stuff like that.

You people in this thread have been very helpful so thanks!

These are my placeholder wands.

This is the wand I was planning to craft.
Last edited by Recla on May 14, 2021, 8:20:32 PM
Hey guys I've seen people switching to Ice Spear for more boss damage did you try this?

Also could you take a look at my clusters? They are no top tier but I don't know if its worth switching them.
"
D2Junkie wrote:
I can see other builds on poe ninja with about the same gear and twice as much DPS anmd much better EHP, so I really do not know where to go from here to improve both.

This is very similar to an earlier post. On Ninja, which isn't particularly accurate, you have 1.2m DPS and I have 2.7m so let's compare.

- Both weapons are worse
- No corruption on Soul Mantle
- Missing +2 gems on amulet, plus other DPS mods
- Much worse ring
- Much worse boots
- Worse gloves - Breathstealer with 2nd anoint is better than single dps mod
- No Bottled Faith
- Single mod eye
- No crit multi jewels

It's not magic that with lets you get double the DPS, it's upgraded gear. This takes me to 424k hideout DPS and ~7.2k eHP and there's really not much there that I'd keep if I play this league a long time.

"
thematris wrote:
Also could you take a look at my clusters? They are no top tier but I don't know if its worth switching them.

I'd get a 2nd medium before thinking about upgrading the existing ones.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 15, 2021, 12:12:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info