[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Mentalmike wrote:
"
hub102ert wrote:
What is wrong with my eq? i'm complete 10 act quest line and after switch to freezing pulse totem my damage sucks :( please help

Your gems are level 3-6 at act 10. That is why.
Your gems should be level 15+.

You have alot of empty sockets in your gear. You should be filling those sockets with gems you need for your mid/end game set up so that they are sufficiently levelled.

im buy FP lvl 18 and my dmg incrase 5x higher :) what to do next?
I'm at the crossroads now - either I leave this build as it is now and farm Headhunter with it (was thinking Winter Orb build), or I try to super minmax it.
Not sure where to start tho - should I go for second cluster setup? Where do I get points for that?
I've gone second cluster, and although your tree depends on your gear to some extent, you'll get the general idea from mine.
"
NoImagination wrote:
I've gone second cluster, and although your tree depends on your gear to some extent, you'll get the general idea from mine.

When you get a moment would you take a look at my profile to check if I'm missing any easier upgrades?
Well, you're doing a few things differently to me, and perhaps they're better ideas (e.g. arcane cloak, having clarity on your Eye). But I'd be thinking of finding a way to get a 2nd curse if I were you. I did hydrosphere/awakened hextouch/double hex.

POB will tell you for sure, but it's likely that there are tree improvements you can make. Divine judgement isn't very efficient for me, and neither is Frost Walker (tho I currently take it for the cold resist). POB tree efficiency report is good.

I also find Brutal Restraint isn't as efficient as it could be. I'd prefer to have a cobalt DPS gem, particularly if you can get 7% life on it too. Similarly, is Rain of Splinters worth it, compared to a good cobalt?

It seems to me that your medium cluster jewels are of the tier below the curse cluster, and the astonishing affliction/cold conduction cluster. Not a big deal if you take a 2nd large, but if not, I'd certainly consider the latter cluster to replace one of them. Curse cluster is super strong when you have double hex, and you can get dex on gloves rather than e.g. culling strike.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 13, 2021, 9:06:43 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Well, you're doing a few things differently to me, and perhaps they're better ideas (e.g. arcane cloak, having clarity on your Eye). But I'd be thinking of finding a way to get a 2nd curse if I were you. I did hydrosphere/awakened hextouch/double hex.

POB will tell you for sure, but it's likely that there are tree improvements you can make. Divine judgement isn't very efficient for me, and neither is Frost Walker (tho I currently take it for the cold resist). POB tree efficiency report is good.

I also find Brutal Restraint isn't as efficient as it could be. I'd prefer to have a cobalt DPS gem, particularly if you can get 7% life on it too. Similarly, is Rain of Splinters worth it, compared to a good cobalt?

It seems to me that your medium cluster jewels are of the tier below the curse cluster, and the astonishing affliction/cold conduction cluster. Not a big deal if you take a 2nd large, but if not, I'd certainly consider the latter cluster to replace one of them. Curse cluster is super strong when you have double hex, and you can get dex on gloves rather than e.g. culling strike.

Thanks a lot for input!
I am aware of divine judgement not being great, but I find it somewhat awkward to spec into something else at my specific level - I'll go get Throatseeker at 98. Frost walker on the other hand is supergood for me (>5.5%dps per travel point).
To be honest I'm at the point where I'm mostly looking for survivability and QoL, rather then damage (and boss damage least of all - for tougher bosses I just make gem swap to Ice Spear, it nearly doubles my dps, Rain of Splinters is there for that and some quality of life for clearing), so I'm not sure if I should bother myself with yet another curse, especially considering I would have to lose Dynamo (huge survi loss), and I would need to take my curse/frostbomb setup out of trigger wand (huge qol loss), and I would probably end up not really cursing during mapping anyway, because I'm lazy that way :P

But I definitely agree there is something to be said for curse cluster and replacing my culling gloves and blade blast with a single cluster.
My one issue with that is that it is super hard to balance resists if one has inc damage vs chilled+coldres on gloves, and there just aren't very many interesting mods on gloves otherwise. So Im not sure if I'd get much out of this anyway.

On the damage regenerated as mana Watcher's - it's suprisingly good, I never once died in ultimatum since I got it. Not even sure if it isn't confirmation bias, but I did die quite a lot before that.

Oh, about a Brutal restraint, I'm quite fond of it, mine is not perfect, but 40%dmg 15% movement speed and not needing dex roll seems quite awesome, might divine more later ;)
Last edited by Rustoja on May 13, 2021, 10:17:18 AM
Totem delays casting Freezing Pulse. What is causing that?
How can I fix it. totems were placed and monsters surrounded it but it didn't cast FP for a while.

Is " whisper of Doom" the right anointment for the final upgrade? I got pandemonium.

Thank you in advance
Last edited by TheangelGabriel on May 13, 2021, 12:44:40 PM
Hey where can i find High end POB or can someone link me one ty.
Alright, got into maps, got a Pandemonious, Coward's Legacy, 6l Soul Mantle. And damage is fine. But how the fuck do you survive Ultimatum's with this build. I just get one-tapped in them. Hell, even basic mobs can two-tap me.
"
Rustoja wrote:
I am aware of divine judgement not being great, but I find it somewhat awkward to spec into something else at my specific level - I'll go get Throatseeker at 98. Frost walker on the other hand is supergood for me (>5.5%dps per travel point).

I'm 2.0 and 3.8, while throatseeker is 2.5, nimbleness 2.6, mental rapidity 2.1, etc. Light of divinity/Holy dominion also weak.

"
Rustoja wrote:
To be honest I'm at the point where I'm mostly looking for survivability and QoL, rather then damage (and boss damage least of all - for tougher bosses I just make gem swap to Ice Spear, it nearly doubles my dps

I'm 424k hideout dps (auras on, nothing else) and I think it'd take more time to gem swap for bosses than to kill them. I haven't even thought about improving clearing, but that's because nothing lasts long enough. Each cobalt is > 5% DPS (with 7% life), and I really think boosting DPS is the way to survive longer. If you die, it's because you didn't one shot them in time.

"
Rustoja wrote:
and I would need to take my curse/frostbomb setup out of trigger wand

Awakened hextouch 5 grants +1 curse, so you can keep the anoint if you like.

"
Rustoja wrote:
My one issue with that is that it is super hard to balance resists if one has inc damage vs chilled+coldres on gloves, and there just aren't very many interesting mods on gloves otherwise. So Im not sure if I'd get much out of this anyway.

I'm Breathstealer, with a DPS anoint (Heartseeker). Running Wise Oak is going to be super hard to organise with my current boots, but it's definitely doable. The blighted spores make ultimatums much simpler.

"
Rustoja wrote:
On the damage regenerated as mana Watcher's - it's suprisingly good, I never once died in ultimatum since I got it. Not even sure if it isn't confirmation bias, but I did die quite a lot before that.

I never do well when arguing with people who know about confirmation bias, so let's take this as read. While searching for double-mod Eyes, adding the useful low-reservation auras seems a good plan - all I looked for was the precision multi mod.

"
Rustoja wrote:
Oh, about a Brutal restraint, I'm quite fond of it, mine is not perfect, but 40%dmg 15% movement speed and not needing dex roll seems quite awesome, might divine more later ;)

Yeh... But at the absolute top end, this could be ~45% crit multi and 7% life. That's hard to beat.

"
Totem delays casting Freezing Pulse. What is causing that?

Assuming 'a while' means a third of a second - that's how it works. It's why some people dislike the build.

"
Is " whisper of Doom" the right anointment for the final upgrade? I got pandemonium.

I don't know. What do you need? Double curse is nice, but it isn't necessarily the best possible thing. Flash Freeze is better until you have good gear.

"
MDzoro wrote:
Hey where can i find High end POB or can someone link me one ty.

Importing mine should get you most of the way. Or try Wallach.

"
Laue wrote:
Alright, got into maps, got a Pandemonious, Coward's Legacy, 6l Soul Mantle. And damage is fine. But how the fuck do you survive Ultimatum's with this build. I just get one-tapped in them. Hell, even basic mobs can two-tap me.

Phase run. Or divergent dash. And then, more DPS.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 13, 2021, 2:41:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info