[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
ldthope wrote:
Is there a problem with PoB or is it just mine that is bugged? Ran a build similar to this last league and it worked alright but my PoB damage decreased when adding the Veil, Coward's Legacy and pain attunement (haven't added Hatred yet but went from 202k shaper DPS to 178k). According to my PoB replacing the Vermillion ring with a Kikazaru gives me over 30k DPS more....

I sometimes feel like there's more to learn with POB than with POE, but I recommend importing your current tree/items/build fresh every time you want to make a change, and checking against that. Settings can also be weird...
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 21, 2021, 11:58:27 AM
"
MiguelFg wrote:
I saw your videos and I'm having a bad time killing bosses, how can I improve my weapons? I saw you don't have +1 cold gems and you do a lot more damage than me, so I guess it's not that important compared to spell damage or other sources like flat damage?

I haven't got to maps yet(late start), but if this league is anything like last league, you should have NO PROBLEM killing bosses. I remember bosses just melting last league, just as long as I followed the guide perfectly......

Of course once you are melting bosses, you can add few other things like NoImagination is doing, and he seems to be crushing things, so I'm going to make sure and look at his character as I want to crush things even more this league than last :)
NoImagination, I appreciate your great tips and help on this forum, especially since Wallach is seemingly flooded with questions all the time.

Here's my question for you. Can you give some tips on how you were able to acquire the 6 link Soul Mantle with the right colors so quickly?

Basically how you did it and also some tips on how you got the currency so fast?

Thanks!
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
ldthope wrote:
Is there a problem with PoB or is it just mine that is bugged? Ran a build similar to this last league and it worked alright but my PoB damage decreased when adding the Veil, Coward's Legacy and pain attunement (haven't added Hatred yet but went from 202k shaper DPS to 178k). According to my PoB replacing the Vermillion ring with a Kikazaru gives me over 30k DPS more....

I sometimes feel like there's more to learn with POB than with POE, but I recommend importing your current tree/items/build fresh every time you want to make a change, and checking against that. Settings can also be weird...

Yeah, I think that is it. I tried doing it fresh shortly after writing the post and then it made more sense again. Haven't really had that bug before.
Last edited by ldthope on Apr 21, 2021, 1:36:18 PM
"
Mentoya wrote:
Here's my question for you. Can you give some tips on how you were able to acquire the 6 link Soul Mantle with the right colors so quickly?

Basically how you did it and also some tips on how you got the currency so fast?

Play allllll the time for the first few days of the league. Wallach had one before me by the way, and he did it the same way - sleep and play, sleep and play, and don't sleep for too long. I took Mon-Tue-Wed off work, and even got up at 4am on the Friday so I could sleep after work and before the league start. Yes, it's pretty sad, but if you're going to do something, do it properly.

I flipped a couple of Coward's Legacy belts, by making them myself via buying pyramids. I sold quite a lot of currency, knowing what will rise and what will fall over the first day or two. And I sold a lot of maps - I got Pandemonius before the 6 link.

But the basic idea is to just play a lot. Sell the currency you don't need, sell maps you won't run, sell fragments you won't need til much later on (they'll be cheaper then), sell fossils and oils etc. I've done a lot of chaos recipe, and optimised my filter to do it as efficiently as I can. I know people say it's a noob trap, but it really is valuable for the first few days of a league.

Also, colouring the Mantle isn't that hard. It's ~400 chrom with the 1g recipe, or harvest colour it. I did the former.

It's helpful to have a plan of what to do for currency at every stage of the season. At the moment I am a bit out of sorts as I don't have a good plan except go to Maven while the Veil costs so much, but I likely won't get there til this time tomorrow, so let's see.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 21, 2021, 1:47:23 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

Play allllll the time for the first few days of the league. Wallach had one before me by the way, and he did it the same way - sleep and play, sleep and play, and don't sleep for too long. I took Mon-Tue-Wed off work, and even got up at 4am on the Friday so I could sleep after work and before the league start. Yes, it's pretty sad, but if you're going to do something, do it properly.

I flipped a couple of Coward's Legacy belts, by making them myself via buying pyramids. I sold quite a lot of currency, knowing what will rise and what will fall over the first day or two. And I sold a lot of maps - I got Pandemonius before the 6 link.

But the basic idea is to just play a lot. Sell the currency you don't need, sell maps you won't run, sell fragments you won't need til much later on (they'll be cheaper then), sell fossils and oils etc. I've done a lot of chaos recipe, and optimised my filter to do it as efficiently as I can. I know people say it's a noob trap, but it really is valuable for the first few days of a league.

Also, colouring the Mantle isn't that hard. It's ~400 chrom with the 1g recipe, or harvest colour it. I did the former.

It's helpful to have a plan of what to do for currency at every stage of the season. At the moment I am a bit out of sorts as I don't have a good plan except go to Maven while the Veil costs so much, but I likely won't get there til this time tomorrow, so let's see.

Wow that's awesome. thank you! I'll make note of all these tips
If I were lower level right now, I'd be picking up chromes, blacksmiths, armourer's way more than someone higher level is. If I were doing acts, I'd be thinking about keeping the 3-size chrom recipe in my filter, maybe even all the way into yellow maps.

I don't know why blacksmiths/armourers are so valuable right now, but people are trying to link and colour their gear, so jewellers/chromes are worth a lot. Over the next few days, they'll fall again.

And I EXPECT alts will become a lot more valuable over the next week or so, as people start rolling watchstones and cluster jewels. Late last league, I didn't pick up any rares except 1-size ones, then I ID'd them and vendored without looking, because alts were so valuable.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 21, 2021, 1:54:48 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
If I were lower level right now, I'd be picking up chromes, blacksmiths, armourer's way more than someone higher level is. If I were doing acts, I'd be thinking about keeping the 3-size chrom recipe in my filter, maybe even all the way into yellow maps.

I don't know why blacksmiths/armourers are so valuable right now, but people are trying to link and colour their gear, so jewellers/chromes are worth a lot. Over the next few days, they'll fall again.

And I EXPECT alts will become a lot more valuable over the next week or so, as people start rolling watchstones and cluster jewels. Late last league, I didn't pick up any rares except 1-size ones, then I ID'd them and vendored without looking, because alts were so valuable.

wow and I never pick up any blacksmiths and armourers. Guess I may need to do that since my character is still in act 9.

Can you tell me what the 3-size chrome recipe is?
Normally you're right not to, but right now it's 12 blacksmiths to a chaos and 9 armoursmiths. 3-size: e.g. a wand takes 3 spaces in your inventory. It can be RGB, which will get you a chrome when you vendor it. You can pick several up without having to return to town.
"
NoImagination wrote:
Normally you're right not to, but right now it's 12 blacksmiths to a chaos and 9 armoursmiths. 3-size: e.g. a wand takes 3 spaces in your inventory. It can be RGB, which will get you a chrome when you vendor it. You can pick several up without having to return to town.

gotcha! perfect, thanks...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info