[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hi can any check my dps seems ok
what can i upg?
I think I'm gonna try this one tomorrow.

Not sure about the POB ST and tankiness compared to others I've played but the clear and curse immunity looks fantastic.

I believe there are 618 current helmet enchants. With Gift to the Goddess, we effectively get 18 tries each run, 21 with Twice Enchanted, and potentially 24 with darkshrines. Let's say 22 each run.

On average, you need 28 runs to get a specific FP enchant, but as there are three that are useful to us, it's only really 9 runs to hit one we want. This should be a pretty good buff for us.

"
loloppe wrote:
Boots Enchant:
Best boots enchant is definitely penetration, nothing beat it. Mana Regen is decent but we don't really need it.

I found mana regen much more useful at the top end. Most bosses spawn adds, so you've almost always killed recently. It's definitely good for Sirus, and fine for some Maven phases, but that's about it. Mana regen is nice because you can have max curses more consistently (and thus DPS), and you recover from big hits sooner.

"
loloppe wrote:
Flask:
Cinderswallow flask is the second best DPS flask in the game if you want more damage. I always use it since it can roll crit chance and I use Marylene, so I need as much crit as I can get. If you can't get fire damage on your spell, you can use Flame Wall for that.

I found that this depends on total crit chance, and am thinking of using a diamond flask this season, at least at some gear stages. Double rolling your crits (crit is lucky) often gives better DPS according to POB. I haven't really thought about Flame Wall, but as we potentially have more gem slots this season, I can see this working better than before.

"
loloppe wrote:
Jewel:
It's hard to fit more Jewel or Abyss Jewel on our tree, we already need 4 of them no matter what: First Snow x2, Self-Flagellation, Watcher's Eyes. Clear Mind could be removed I guess, but it's mostly trading damage for more life/res at that point.

The best cobalt jewels can have much higher DPS than clear mind, I don't think it's even a particularly high end option to improve damage here.

"
loloppe wrote:
Trigger:
Still gonna go with two trigger craft after the nerf. The reason is simple, getting an amazing 6-mod wand/sceptre is close to impossible unless you want to pay something like a mirror for each.

I think this is fair enough. Another way to do it would be to take cast speed enchant on the helmet, and get a good wand with projectile speed. That should be an improvement on a wand with five great mods.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 16, 2021, 3:22:07 AM
"
Wallach wrote:
"
ziphiaz wrote:
I ran this build in delirium and really loved it. How is it looking now compared to delirium league? Having issues deciding on my league start.. This is currently on the top of my list.

I just added a video to the OP talking about this very thing, but the TLDR is that very little is changing for Ultimatum. It's gotten a fair bit easier to build out since you last played due to the addition of Viridi's Veil, which is a new (and very cheap) helm which replaces the expensive Atziri's Reflection.

Thank you for the information! And thanks for the awsome guide, you are doing a great favor to all of us by keeping it up to date :)
"
NoImagination wrote:

"
loloppe wrote:
Boots Enchant:
Best boots enchant is definitely penetration, nothing beat it. Mana Regen is decent but we don't really need it.

I found mana regen much more useful at the top end. Most bosses spawn adds, so you've almost always killed recently. It's definitely good for Sirus, and fine for some Maven phases, but that's about it. Mana regen is nice because you can have max curses more consistently (and thus DPS), and you recover from big hits sooner.

To my understanding because we are a totem build with ancestral bond we never have killed recently and because of that we always get the penetration benefit from the boot enchant?
Last edited by NanumiPoE on Apr 16, 2021, 3:51:57 AM
"
NanumiPoE wrote:
To my understanding because we are a totem build with ancestral bond we never have killed recently and because of that we always get the penetration benefit from the boot enchant?

Ah yes, you're right. Bit worrying that I've forgotten this stuff after only two months of not playing...

I did still find mana regen more useful than the damage, but the 'negative' reason I mentioned above is wrong, while the 'positive' reason is right.
Last edited by NoImagination on Apr 16, 2021, 5:46:43 AM
I love Totem Builds and this looks like a great league starter.
Definately going to play it this League.
How much do we Focus on scaling Crit in the later/Higher end build? seeing as were taking quite a few notes for that
Hello, I did leaguestart with your build twice, was always very nice. But since I need some flexibility, I wanted to go for something like Fireball Totem. What do you think about it, is it generally viable? It got a nice buff in 3.11, but I don't know if missing the big QOL of freezing is worth it.
Hey, thanks for making the build, I am heavily considering this build to be my league starter but have just one concern.
How good is the single target at the beginning of the league with mediocre gear?
I saw a Grimro's approach with changing freezing pulse to ice spear and one first snow jewel to rain of splinters for bosses, do you think this would really improve our single target on tougher bosses ?
Check his last video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8ZDMNoUl1w

Forge of the phoenix showcase start since 3:40.
He melt phoenix in 2 seconds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info