[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

I've just tested it cos i didn't wanna give up on this..

Double Kikazaru and Sanctum of Thoughts does NOT work now. You will still get the curses applied as usual. I've tried it in the H/O and all the respective elemental curses and temp chains worked as intended.

Curse flasks still works as usual. Atziri reflection still worked as usual.

Hope someone can prove me wrong through POB calculations or something but i'm pretty sure i got the mechanics down right.

Up to you guys if you wanna continue, personally i don't like dealing using the flask method. Alternatively, straight to farm for reflection doesn't make sense from a progression point of view.
Kikazarus and Sanctum of Thought indeed are nowhere near enough to block the effect of curses. Nice patch notes.

Holy Flame Totems are a fine league start, but the transition to Freezing Pulse as listed in the guide is not recommended.
EDIT: nevermind
Last edited by chaosn on Sep 18, 2020, 5:01:38 PM
"
Acored wrote:
"
I'm going to look into this once the servers are up, and I guess delay my own league start until I know for sure.

I want to make it clear - I will not maintain this guide in the case where the build would require some kind of flask juggling.

I'll investigate briefly when I log in before I league start Heist.

got an update? i tried to test it but its a complete mess up.. sometimes curses doesnt even apply or vanish instantly and both rings with sanctum of thought

I jumped into a map on my lvl 96 and queued up a bunch of curses with the character panel open. Yes, the 80% overrides Sanctum of Thought and two Kikazarus. Totem builds relying on the Self Flagellation mechanic and Soul Mantle are either curse potting until they get an Atziri's reflection or they are dead.

For me? Pfft, curse potting? I am not coming back to totems until this is reverted. I made level 96 last league, but never saw a reasonably priced fated Atziri's Mirror/Reflection to buy. SSFers? LOL.

What a crappy, stupid thing to just overlook or not mention. They wiped out a whole class of accessible builds.
Last edited by TheDisasterman on Sep 18, 2020, 5:10:28 PM
"

What a shitty, stupid thing to just overlook or not mention. They wiped out a whole class of accessible builds.

Literally killed this build and without a warning. And it wasn't even so much played, to begin with.
Last edited by ArionAthreides on Sep 18, 2020, 5:17:10 PM
yeah killed my mood for this league actually.. moves like that when you build something and they not even announce it and just kill it.

probably this will be a skip
Damn, start of the league and we're robbed already...
"
vvashabi wrote:
Damn, start of the league and we're robbed already...

The whole Heist was against us.
"
Wallach wrote:
Kikazarus and Sanctum of Thought indeed are nowhere near enough to block the effect of curses. Nice patch notes.

Holy Flame Totems are a fine league start, but the transition to Freezing Pulse as listed in the guide is not recommended.

Hey Wallach, this was a great build and coming back after leaving during Delve? It made for a smooth return. Thanks a million, and I'll hop over and check out your Twitch later.

I'll try out the Holy Flame totems and see what I can do for scaling that up w/o changing to FP. Do you have any suggestions on a smoother switch over from Holy Flame Totems to another skill? I am almost certain that Atziri's Reflection will not be going down to a reasonable price this league, especially after this.

The one possible hope? Maybe there's a new or alternate unique that overcomes or can leverage this change. Alternate Atziri's Mirror? Eh, whatever. Don't delete it. Maybe we'll find something later on.

I actually quite enjoy totems (and cold builds), so this is a bummer overall. Nice work, and a lot of it, too.

Dis
Can you fix skill tree link pls?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info