[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Trawe wrote:
Hello again, i am having so much fun with this build this league, its amazing, so first off thank you Wallach a lot for making this guide, i fell in love with freezing pulse totems.

I am getting slowly towards the end of gearing, got this thing today

only need to find 6link recipe in delve to get it done, got few question tho that i encounter during the gearing.

> There is a lot of people (including me at first) that are having issues what to upgrade next (a lot of same type of question on "what should i upgrade next"), would it be possible to add 10-something points of gearing progression into your guide? Starting from getting the right flasks to the point of getting 100ex watchers eye, i understand that some of these might be preference (like when to get awakened gems), but at least the ones that are somewhat obvious, i think it would help a lot of people.

> Under gearing and gloves, i have not found a glove lab enchantment, is it because they are totally useless? I did not find this kind of question in this thread since 3.9, so maybe they are just useless, but wanted to ask that aswell.

> Under gem links and endgame gem setup, for awakened curse on hit gem, it would be nice to point that you need level 5 of this awakened gem to be able to run both curses, or getting/anointing Whispers of Doom.

I've thought a bit about a "gearing priority" section, but it's a bit more difficult than it sounds because most of the time your priority is related to what you already have, and some of that is not going to happen in the same order for everyone. I've been trying to think of ways to give rough guidelines though and will add something when I figure out what feels best.

As for the glove enchants, yeah, they're mostly irrelevant and I definitely don't recommend running additional Uber Labs just to go for a glove enchant.
"
Wallach wrote:

I've thought a bit about a "gearing priority" section, but it's a bit more difficult than it sounds because most of the time your priority is related to what you already have, and some of that is not going to happen in the same order for everyone. I've been trying to think of ways to give rough guidelines though and will add something when I figure out what feels best.

As for the glove enchants, yeah, they're mostly irrelevant and I definitely don't recommend running additional Uber Labs just to go for a glove enchant.

Alright, Thank you :)
Alright, I've uploaded a video going over some endgame gearing updates for 3.10, though I've mentioned them in the thread just a few pages ago.

I've also updated the Path of Building import a bit to split the "level 95" trees into separate "Cluster Example" and "No Clusters" branches so you can compare a cluster example to a non-cluster example yourself, as well as created a few extra cluster jewels in there for you to swap around if you want to experiment with the layout.

After a bit of playing around after recording today's video I'm actually warming up a bit to the idea of using a full cluster chain even before an Atziri's reflection, which is the cluster example I set up in the Path of Building link.
How strange, the "Precise Retaliation" Jewel messes up my PoB. Hovering on it fills the entire screen with an empty box. If I edit that line to break the mod, it works fine.

I will also mention for helm rolling craftofexile.com is good to estimate total number and cost of fossils based on mods you want. Sometimes a 3 socket and blocking is cheaper, sometimes 2 socket and spamming is better. It's new so may have some bugs.

Also, I think you're undervaluing the projectile medium jewel a bit. It PoBs a little higher than the crit one for me (probably due to cast speed) and has the unaccounted for projectile speed, but that's weighed against the crit multi. I am not sure how often we block against bosses though to really compare. Since mine gives dex replacing it will be annoying so I'll keep it for now. I did not really like the curse one just because hexproof exists and I have the most trouble on elder guardians with crazy mods and I'd prefer not to check for that too.
"
SuperBurgers wrote:
How strange, the "Precise Retaliation" Jewel messes up my PoB. Hovering on it fills the entire screen with an empty box. If I edit that line to break the mod, it works fine.

I will also mention for helm rolling craftofexile.com is good to estimate total number and cost of fossils based on mods you want. Sometimes a 3 socket and blocking is cheaper, sometimes 2 socket and spamming is better. It's new so may have some bugs.

Also, I think you're undervaluing the projectile medium jewel a bit. It PoBs a little higher than the crit one for me (probably due to cast speed) and has the unaccounted for projectile speed, but that's weighed against the crit multi. I am not sure how often we block against bosses though to really compare. Since mine gives dex replacing it will be annoying so I'll keep it for now. I did not really like the curse one just because hexproof exists and I have the most trouble on elder guardians with crazy mods and I'd prefer not to check for that too.

Hm, I don't have any issues with Precise Retaliation in PoB, but I'm on LocalIdentity's fork. Alternatively you can just leave it out and add "80% increased Critical Strike Chance" to your Soul Mantle or something to simulate the standard gain.

I'm sure the projectile medium wins if you don't simulate Precise Retaliation. It's still a good cluster since projectile speed is a great stat, but personally I'd probably only take it if I left out the curse cluster.
I'm also using the fork, and it's up to date. Really weird.

I get the same results with your PoB BTW, around 1% dps difference with Diamond flask off but projectiles pulling ahead further when it's on (as would be expected since crit chance is worth less then). But PoB misses a lot of factors like discussed so they both seem fine depending what you want.

In my own PoB they're a bit closer since I swapped to the Empower setup so I lack the base crit chance.
Sooo after playing a bunch of chars and even trying out another spell totem build, I finally rerolled to this again.

And damn it still feels awesome... favorite build of all times :)
While it isn't on the level of a "meta" power build... it's just so comfortable that I have a hard time playing anything else. :P

On a side note, I got to test out the Shocking Conflux affix on Hunter helm after stream tonight, and it definitely works with totems. That's pretty juicy, I think.
when we look for upgrade our stuff should we first buy awakened gems or go first for the atziri reflection ?
I have the Queen's Sacrifice prophecy and a shield, but with my gear I don't think I can beat Uber-Atziri :( does anyone have any suggestions of the best way to do this with the gear I have?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info