Reworked Bow Skill Gems in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

how hard will SA be gutted that it will not be absolute king anymore. It needs at least a 50% damage nerf compared to the current state of TS, with a TS nerf probably way more
"
DarthCidious wrote:
how hard will SA be gutted that it will not be absolute king anymore. It needs at least a 50% damage nerf compared to the current state of TS, with a TS nerf probably way more

What do you mean? TS was way better than SA due to being able to hit the boss with multiple projectiles.

Splitarrow would have needed an average of 350-450% more dmg to get similar boss dmg.
Same as Lightning arrow. Nothing could compete with Barrage/TS/ScourgeARrow in terms of Boss DPS. Blastrain was always clunky as f***.
Last edited by xX999Xx on Dec 3, 2019, 1:10:04 PM
Definately NOT going for bow starter now, both SA and TS gutted, i say no to forced meta change :D (good they not mentioned RoA)
Pog

Actually hype with the TS/SA (not scourge :P) BUFFS.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Dec 3, 2019, 6:23:09 AM
"
Other Bow and Wand skills have received numerical tweaks

Fuck, they're nerfing Power Siphon just in time for Barrage Support :/ They really are trying way too hard to make this bow league. I was SO excited for low-key-wand-league.

"
xX999Xx wrote:
"
DarthCidious wrote:

What do you mean? TS was way better than SA due to being able to hit the boss with multiple projectiles.

Splitarrow would have needed an average of 350-450% more dmg to get similar boss dmg.
Same as Lightning arrow. Nothing could compete with Barrage/TS/CA in terms of Boss DPS. Blastrain was always clunky as f***.

Dude, what an embarrassing misunderstanding... for about a year now, SA has been used for Scourge Arrow, not Split Arrow, because Split Arrow has been 100% irrelevant (and will continue to be after this change).

Scourge Arrow, on the other hand, finished surpassing tornado shot as the dps meta when the tornado shot fork bugfix was implemented. Depth 6000 delves were cleared thanks entirely to scourge arrow.

So I am also curious, how badly was the base weapon damage nerfed. It'd have to be a lot.

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Unless you have some other account, you only have a lvl95 and lvl98 character and everything else is low level. Gear on them looks pretty cheap and can be acquired in the first few days of a league. The faster players have gear like this after a day or two.

My Blight character may seem geared up for example but I only played the one character for 10 days at the start of the league before quitting and I'm not one of the zoom zoom players.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SaiyanZ/characters/Saiyan_P

Two types of people play standard:

1) those obsessed with their hundred mirrors and 5+ mirror service items who want to see just how trivialized the game can get with perfect gear

2) those who simply can't or don't want to put any time into the game at all, and thus can't actually handle the speed of leagues

The latter people can play as infrequently as one hour per week or even month, whether that's due to 200-hour work weeks, having seventy kids, or simply wanting to play every game in the entire galaxy. So yeah, it's not surprising to hear that someone on Standard keeps getting their planned builds nerfed into the ground before they even get to actually play the build. If you play that infrequently, it's going to happen.

Just think about this for a second: there will be people going into PoE2 on Standard that never got a non-Tabula 6L in 5+ years of having an account.
Last edited by codetaku on Dec 3, 2019, 7:11:13 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

Unless you have some other account, you only have a lvl95 and lvl98 character and everything else is low level. Gear on them looks pretty cheap and can be acquired in the first few days of a league. The faster players have gear like this after a day or two.

You need to look closer. The Magic Find character is 80+ Ex and counting. Previous to that it was a Toxic Rain build that got smashed by the Quill Rain nerf, and I morphed into a TS build... and now they've nerfed that.

Honestly, even typing it I realize how done I am. I hope Chris or one of the devs reads this and rethinks their approach and how it negatively impacts Standard. But as I said... I think it's over for me for a long while.

Not everyone enjoys rerolling. Some enjoy building long term, and min/maxing iteratively.

"
codetaku wrote:

Two types of people play standard:

This is so wrong. The majority of people playing Standard play it to build and invest in their characters for longer than 3 months. Not everyone is a currency hoarder or an ADD League player. This used to be the normal way of playing.
Last edited by t0lkien on Dec 3, 2019, 7:17:14 AM
Meleeeee 1 handed with shield, 2x 1 handers, 2 handed. Any interesting changes ?
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
"
t0lkien wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

You need to look closer. The Magic Find character is 80+ Ex and counting. Previous to that it was a Toxic Rain build that got smashed by the Quill Rain nerf, and I morphed into a TS build... and now they've nerfed that.

Honestly, even typing it I realize how done I am. I hope Chris or one of the devs reads this and rethinks their approach and how it negatively impacts Standard. But as I said... I think it's over for me for a long while.

Not everyone enjoys rerolling. Some enjoy building long term, and min/maxing iteratively.

The only expensive items seem to be legacy quantity boots and gloves. If it is truly worth 80ex then it's not a good investment if you barely play. You would need to play for a few hundred hours to make up the cost of going with those magic finding items and it seems like you haven't done a fraction of that or all your items would be much better. So the quantity items just end up hindering you because they take up spots of other more useful/interesting items.

I also used to play only Standard (much more than I play nowadays) for about 5 years but have been playing only league for the last year. Mainly because my Standard stash tab is a mess with too many tabs to go through now. Also I didn't like the way GGG nerfed ES items and then buffed them again less than a year later, making my mirrored ES items in Standard worse. Lost a lot of "net worth/savings" when that happened. So all I do now is play the league for about 2 weeks each time and then quit POE for a while each time.

"
t0lkien wrote:
This is so wrong. The majority of people playing Standard play it to build and invest in their characters for longer than 3 months. Not everyone is a currency hoarder or an ADD League player. This used to be the normal way of playing.

So, I tried to fill my comment with deliberate hyperbole but maybe you didn't understand it.

The two types of people that play standard are those that

1) want to hoard wealth and power (which is exactly what you're describing), or

2) have no time for league

Why do you need longer than 3 months to "invest in your character"? Either because you can't build a character in that time or because you're obsessed with trivializing the game.

Building a character that's essentially done with, and trivializes, all of end game in a month is sooooo fucking easy, you have no idea. I do still think you're in the category of people who simply don't have time for the game. 80ex isn't that much.
Last edited by codetaku on Dec 3, 2019, 7:45:41 AM
"
t0lkien wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

Try ice shot (drop rigwalds for a rare quiver or voidfletcher), you'll be surprised. Maybe try chain support instead of damage on full life too. Don' have to change anything else

"
SaiyanZ wrote:

The only expensive items seem to be legacy quantity boots and gloves.

quantity support is not cheap too
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Dec 3, 2019, 7:53:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info