Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.12 Ready] CoC Discharge Assassin - 10M+ Shaper DPS

"
Bagroden wrote:
Thank you for the build, but what do you think about using the self-cast discharge? With new damage and increased radius per charge, we can generate maximum charges in two seconds and detonate a nuclear bomb with a huge radius and damage, in theory killing bosses with a couple of explosions. Having 10 charges is a 200% increase in radius without additional sources of radius increase, plus in this build you can use a gem with a modified property for quality (40% increase in damage when removing charges of three different types) in order to maximize damage per blow. And by the way, if you use the Archmage in conjunction with the discharge?

Hello. Self-Cast discharge will definitely be playable, and we might see a huge chunk of builds built around it. If you'd aim for 2 Void Batteries (or at least 1), I do believe you'd get high damage upgrade from it, and they tend to drop in price later in the league. Discharge can possibly be played with ignite as well, since the damage penalty for it is not that bad actually. Dunno tho, how would you properly generate Power charge on bosses tho. I suppose you could use Romira's Banquet ring, with something like Storm burst.

Archmage needs you to build around mana. But if you'd decide to focus only on 2 charges which are quite easy to generate (Power/Endu), you could then utilize Elemental Equilibrium which would be -50% Resists and that'd be quite huge boost against bosses especially in later tiers. With using frenzy as well, if you do manage somehow to generate charges for it (for single target that is), archmage would be fine if you've built around mana as well, but then something like Awakened added lightning might be nice as well, since it's a lot of flat lightning damage and +1 to gems at level 5.
^
Nice. Build question: hows does elemental equilibrium work this setup? the POB shows it adds dps but I am a bit confused!

-thanks
"
Einstein_Jnr wrote:
Nice. Build question: hows does elemental equilibrium work this setup? the POB shows it adds dps but I am a bit confused!

-thanks

Hello. Let me explain. We have flat added cold damage on our ring (adds to spells as well, but that doesn't matter for now). Our only source of damage is Lightning and Fire damage (Discharge). Since we are using cyclone, we attack very fast in between discharges. The cold damage to attacks and spells I have on my ring. Thus when we attack with cyclone (that has only Physical (due to bit of phys damage on dagger) and cold damage added to it, we essentially make monsters more resistant to cold (25% extra res) and less resistant to Lightning and fire (-50% resists). So even tho, we have cold damage added to our discharge as well and we make monsters more resistant, it doesn't matter much since the cold damage and herald of ice is used for shatter for mapping only, and because of that our overall damage is just improved a little bit, because even tho when we Discharge and hit enemy with all 3 elements (Fire, cold and lightning) and make them more resistant after discharge, since we are attacking with cyclone which has only Cold and phys damage on it (phys doesn't influence Elemental equilibrium), in between discharges as we are attacking with cyclone we make monster less resistant to Lightning/Fire again.

I hope this clarifies it for you.
"
Sallynátor wrote:
"
Einstein_Jnr wrote:

-thanks

Hello. Let me explain. We have flat added cold damage on our ring (adds to spells as well, but that doesn't matter for now). Our only source of damage is Lightning and Fire damage (Discharge). Since we are using cyclone, we attack very fast in between discharges. The cold damage to attacks and spells I have on my ring. Thus when we attack with cyclone (that has only Physical (due to bit of phys damage on dagger) and cold damage added to it, we essentially make monsters more resistant to cold (25% extra res) and less resistant to Lightning and fire (-50% resists). So even tho, we have cold damage added to our discharge as well and we make monsters more resistant, it doesn't matter much since the cold damage and herald of ice is used for shatter for mapping only, and because of that our overall damage is just improved a little bit, because even tho when we Discharge and hit enemy with all 3 elements (Fire, cold and lightning) and make them more resistant after discharge, since we are attacking with cyclone which has only Cold and phys damage on it (phys doesn't influence Elemental equilibrium), in between discharges as we are attacking with cyclone we make monster less resistant to Lightning/Fire again.

never knew we could exploit cyclone this way. Would make sense since cyclone hit applies first then should trigger the linked spell logically. I am planning to start discharge as a cast when channeling at first with maybe arc/lightning tendrils. Would you think using vortex would still be fast enough to apply EE?
"
Einstein_Jnr wrote:
"
Sallynátor wrote:
"
Einstein_Jnr wrote:

-thanks

never knew we could exploit cyclone this way. Would make sense since cyclone hit applies first then should trigger the linked spell logically. I am planning to start discharge as a cast when channeling at first with maybe arc/lightning tendrils. Would you think using vortex would still be fast enough to apply EE?

Vortex has cooldown as well, and it's applied under you. As soon as Vortex would hit something that is close to you (Boss for example) Yes, EE would be applied. But as soon as you'd hit the Boss, you'd make it more resistant towards your main damage source. And even tho, boss is standing on Vortex the whole time, EE doesn't change anymore and boss is more resistant towards your main damage until you use Vortex again. EE works for hits only, something like Cold degen from it doesn't proc EE.
Thanks for clarifying.
^
Is there some reason you're using Vortex instead of Cold Snap, the latter of which can generate Frenzy charges?
"
Is there some reason you're using Vortex instead of Cold Snap, the latter of which can generate Frenzy charges?

You have a 25% chance to gain a frenzy charge when you kill a enemy and for clear it doesn't matter tbh. I have permanent 2 Frenzy charges due to shield as a little buff. But even without that, generating frenzy just for clear doesn't matter since I am using both Herald of Ice and Cold Attack + Spell on ring (which is definitely not necessary with Herald of Ice). I am using Vortex as a defensive option on bosses, when I do get hit. I gain 3 second immortal call if I have full endurance charges, and Vortex for chilling that boss. I guess Cold Snap could work as well, but having benefit of Frenzy charges just for clear, doesn't matter, since you'll oneshot packs anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info