Help with occultist please

Looking for an uber elder killer. Lvl 95 witch ps4 standard. She is built for vortex but it just seems so weak. I havent unlocked the multimod craft yet.
Last bumped on Nov 24, 2019, 3:27:08 PM
Right now your characters are hidden. If you make them public, folks will be able to look at the details and offer advice.
what do you mean weak? low dps or is she getting killed?

Uber Elder is all about manually dodging incoming damage.. it requires some practice
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Fixed that. I pretty much stripped her. The damage feels really bad. Survivability is probably pretty good, I took alot of shield nodes from the tree. I was hoping for an occultist boss killer build that isnt vortex. Kinda bored of it.

Ok...not Vortex

Builds with decent guides that come to mind are Bane + XX, Storm Brand, Herald of Agony, Zombie/SRS. Some use uniques, and some may not work well on the PS4 depending on frame rates. You will want to investigate both angles before investing in a build.

Good luck.
Vortex is pretty good skill but I would prefer low life version for an extra damage (Pain Attunement - 30% damage multiplier)
You also haven´t allocated Elemental Equilibrium which is 50% damage multiplier.
You should also combine it with Cold Snap (and Vaal version of CS) bcos of CD.

There are plenty of Occultist builds you can choose from though.
If you want to stay with cold theme you can check Icicle Mine or Glacial Cascade miners.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 18, 2019, 2:11:20 PM
I was pretty much using ziggyd's version with the storm brand socketed into Malachi's artifice. Worked great until the 3.7 nerf to es. I read that shiverones wrappings isnt that viable anymore because of the low es.

Ci would be useless in an uberelder fight right? Curses have little effect... Idk ive looked around alot before posting here. Just dont want to spend 200 orbs of regret to make a summoner when I have the feeling they'll be nerfed with the 3.9 boss theme.
"
DjOrchard wrote:
I was pretty much using ziggyd's version with the storm brand socketed into Malachi's artifice. Worked great until the 3.7 nerf to es. I read that shiverones wrappings isnt that viable anymore because of the low es.
Ci would be useless in an uberelder fight right? Curses have little effect... Idk ive looked around alot before posting here. Just dont want to spend 200 orbs of regret to make a summoner when I have the feeling they'll be nerfed with the 3.9 boss theme.

Malachi's artifice ring is not an ideal option here (one slot used, no stats besides some res).
ES has been nerfed but nothing you can deal with. It´s still fine if you know what to do (even without legacy stuff).

You can profit from being low life (30% more DPS; one more aura) but it´s usually more expensive.
Your ES is lower (with SW) but your DPS is much better (you can balance passives in that way).
CI is also an option but you should invest more to damage passives then.
Offensive curses are a bit better but still suffer 66% less curse effect.

Yeah those people who speak about nerf all the time …
There will be some fixes here and there but I would expect nothing too harsh.
It´s easier to beat UE with good summoner build than Vortex build and it will not change much but it depends on your preferred playstyle (you need to move a bit more with Vortex build and reaching high DPS is also harder).
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 20, 2019, 5:48:01 PM
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
DjOrchard wrote:

Malachi's artifice ring is not an ideal option here (one slot used, no stats besides some res).
ES has been nerfed but nothing you can deal with. It´s still fine if you know what to do (even without legacy stuff).

You can profit from being low life (30% more DPS; one more aura) but it´s usually more expensive.
Your ES is lower (with SW) but your DPS is much better (you can balance passives in that way).
CI is also an option but you should invest more to damage passives then.
Offensive curses are a bit better but still suffer 66% less curse effect.

Yeah those people who speak about nerf all the time …
There will be some fixes here and there but I would expect nothing too harsh.
It´s easier to beat UE with good summoner build than Vortex build and it will not change much but it depends on your preferred playstyle (you need to move a bit more with Vortex build and reaching high DPS is also harder).

Playing on ps4 standard. I dont yet have the multimod craft for a wand. I guess a vortex mtx might freshen it up for me. If SW LL is better I'll probably try that.

There's no chaos build vs UE that stands out? Never tried soul rend or bane. I really dont want low dps dot build ... Id rather kite with vortex.

E/ I was able to kill UE on my first attempt with my cyclone duelist, barely. Previously the desync anoyed me so much I stopped uaing leap slam and went to dash. Second attempt at them with leap slam failed miserably.
Last edited by DjOrchard on Nov 20, 2019, 9:37:00 PM
Why did you ask for help and then strip your character so we can't see what you are doing? Vortex is plenty strong for an end game boss killer if done right. I killed Shaper in 3.2 with the Occultist Essence Drain which is a lot weaker than Vortex, the game was much harder back then too. Vortex should be easy, but I can tell from your skill tree that your damage will be very weak. You have nothing giving you any kind of high damage boost. No power charges, no Pain Attunement, no Elemental Overload.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info