Instead of attending Exilecon I bought a house!

Seriously, it would have been cheaper to go to NZ! It is super expensive, hidden expenses you never dreamed of, moving to another state is in itself high.

Be in new house Friday night. Will see some footage from exilecon in van on the way!

This is first house I have bought with my own money. I'm so happy and thrilled to leave TX! Place is going downhill super fast. :(
Censored.
Last bumped on Dec 8, 2019, 2:15:48 PM
Congrats!

I got mine (in Texas) a few years back... and I'm already looking to move again, likely for the same reasons you're leaving.

"
kolyaboo wrote:
I'm so happy and thrilled to leave TX!

Where to? Roughly?
Well I’ve didn’t had house, but 14 yrs ago I’ve sold my comp and bike and left Czech rep. And vent to Scotland just with sleeping bag and few clothes and almost no English language exp to start my life again. 1st two years was hard but I’ve didn’t give up and now I have car, comp, and living in house we both with my partner and enjoying good life;)
The time will pass by and all t trouble with it and u’ll b enjoying living in new place don’t worry man;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
The first and only house I bought in the US was in TX too (DFW area)...in 2002? 2003? Somewhere around there, when getting approved for a home loan only took a day or two and they were ready to close within a couple days after that.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Sad...one of my longtime workmates had a little farmhouse and some wooded land up in WV. He was going to retire there after 30+ years working in the cop garage. A few weeks after his party, he must have had a change of heart, sold it and moved to Texas.

Maybe he got an offer he couldn't refuse from the coal industry. Maybe the feds were sniffing around his greenhouse out there...who knows. i wouldn't buy any amount of land in Texas for any reason, on account of the dire water situation there, not even getting started on the socioeconomics and politics and all that.

The aquifer system that kept most of the Edwards Plateau from blowing away in the wind, it's dead. The Rio Grande and Colorado are seasonal and that's being generous. OTOH you could swim in the air on the gulf coastal plain.

@OP good on you, enjoy your new hideout!
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Congratz \o/

Hope it's all to your liking.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
congratulations best decision ever.

Enjoy your new house!
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Moving to Indiana, near Fort Wayne. Small town feel, what I am looking for.

I am really looking forward to being there and super excited to be a homeowner but very nervous about actual move. Movers taking most everything (pray they don't break anything), me, wife and 2 cats in van w/stuff to survive for a day or so until our furniture arrives.

Disconnecting internet in a few hours. Next time you hear from me it will be from there.

Thanks to everyone that congratulated me! It was the single most unnerving thing ever!
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Moving to Indiana, near Fort Wayne. Small town feel, what I am looking for.

I am really looking forward to being there and super excited to be a homeowner but very nervous about actual move. Movers taking most everything (pray they don't break anything), me, wife and 2 cats in van w/stuff to survive for a day or so until our furniture arrives.

Disconnecting internet in a few hours. Next time you hear from me it will be from there.

Thanks to everyone that congratulated me! It was the single most unnerving thing ever!

Best of all good luck to you and yours in your new home, Kolya! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Moving to Indiana

So...you're moving to the Upside-Down?

o.o

[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info