[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

"
shun71 wrote:
"
Gnomiro wrote:
Some news from the other side of the build (compared to Kendricklzb). I'm still running without Calamity but a Shaper +1 Chest.

In difference to his build my build doesn't feel like a glasscanon anymore and I'm on my way to 100. Having 7.2k hp up to 1k hps (on consecrated ground, 600 before and 1800 in burst phases).
For additional defence one of my Spectres is a "They of Tul" which creates a big ground effect in which I get 20% spell and attack dodge as well as 15% damage reduction. He casts it very often.

Two other spectres are:
* Arena Master for a regularly attack and movement speed buff
* Stoneskin Flayer just for the tankines (to be replaced later)

Damage-wise I habe 9 Sentinels with 8 millionen persistent dps each. With corpses around (Flesh Offering) and a recent kill this spikes up to 9.4 millionen dps. If including Vaal Haste you could reach spikes of 10.6 millionen dps.

One big difference is probably that I still only use Blade Vortex to procc my Sentinels. I try to keep the damage of it at a decent level. Currently it has 260k dps with 10 stacks and is supported by culling strikes which guarantees more killing blows while mapping. Even in Delirium Maps and/or Simulacrum Wave 20 this is working. In Simulacrum 20 you also could start with Vaal Blade Vortex. Generating more Sentinels after the first is more easy due to Culling Strike!
To be able to maintain this damage level you have to allocate Spiritual Aid in the tree. Furthermore I got +2 Duration Crusader gloves.

Lately I forgot to activate HoP and still phased him really fast to his last phase only by using a 10 stack BV.

For damage on my minions I recently switched to a three-curse setup. Enfeeble for defence + vulnerability for offence (not big but is available as implicit) on gloves. My third curse is applied with a level 5 awakenend curse on hit gem and whirling blades. It is Punishment a big damage boost for bossing scenarios or when whirling trough mobs while mapping.

I'm also a big supporter of whirling blades. It is by far my new favourite movemenetskill beside the dash skills. Applying Fortify and Punishment is a nice addition. I move through maps mostly with this skill and also use it when fighting mob groups in high delirium maps to avoid projectiles or hit other enemies with my 10 stack BV.
Some people say it feels clunky but with enough attack speed it is really great! You have to allocate Spiritual Command and possibly use Faster Attacks like I'm doing but it could also work without Faster Attacks.

Playstyle-wise I currently can rush through more or less any map getting up to 100 simulacrum splinters if the circumstances are good. Most bosses are reached in the delirium and even Drox dies under delirium influence in less than 2 seconds (not counting his transformation phase). UE phases more or less instant. Sirus AW8 mostly dies in the starting position in his last phase.
You must always consider that this takes only so "long" because the sentinels have to be created first. Would be a lot faster if you would start with all sentinels out at the beginning.

If interested I can record some videos of my playstyle-experience.

Here is a PoB with my current setup: https://pastebin.com/inzt0N0s
And some more notes:
* Flame Dash is linked with a 1/0 Arcane Surge to emulate "Arcane Surge on Hit" from the ring
* Awakened Curse on Hits (level 5) additional Curse is not calculated by PoB and added to boots
* There are one notables allocated via Thread of Hope (Spiritual Aid) and one small "Aura Area of Effect"-travel node skipped in the Sovereignty-cluster -> 0 passive points more allocated than shown

Recently switched to a new build and using this one for mostly for boss killing. Only switched because I feel like I'm more or less out of upgrade-options.

Still interested in suggestions for improvement and other ideas. I like Kendricklzbs glasscanon-variation but prfer to be able to stay alive a little bit more :)
Feel free to ask any questions.

hi,

my gear :

weapon 1 = cold iron point ( cwdt / enfeeble / vaal molten shell )

weapon 2 = cold iron point ( fortify / faster attacks / whirling blades )

helmet = + 2 lvl sock. minion gems ( unleash / arcane surge / vaal blade vortex / brutality )

armour = ( impale / awakened minion damage /herald of purity / brutality / melee physical damage / multistrike )

rings = 2 x circle of guilt ( mana reserv.+ sentinells dmg ) no arcane surge.

amulet = just rare with attributes + res life + mana + spell dmg

belt = just life + mana + res

gloves = HotHT [ dread banner / summon holy relic / pride / flesh and stone ( with Vulnerabilty + Despair + 2 lvl sock. duration gems )]

boots = ( raise spectre / meat shield / stone golem / carrion golem )

right now i ve just 4 sentinels, how i can get more ?
can you say to me how i can use pride ?
right now it saying that i don't have enough mana.

appreciate some advice for improve the build .

bye to all.

+1 from helm enchant
+4 from 4 Medium Clusters with Pure Agony and dealers choice of Disciples or Cult-leader.
"
fong249 wrote:
"
shun71 wrote:

hi,

my gear :

helmet = + 2 lvl sock. minion gems ( unleash / arcane surge / vaal blade vortex / brutality )

armour = ( impale / awakened minion damage /herald of purity / brutality / melee physical damage / multistrike )

gloves = HotHT [ dread banner / summon holy relic / pride / flesh and stone ( with Vulnerabilty + Despair + 2 lvl sock. duration gems )]

bye to all.

+1 from helm enchant
+4 from 4 Medium Clusters with Pure Agony and dealers choice of Disciples or Cult-leader.

you mean jewel clusters?

you know about pride ?

i don't know this " dealers choice of Disciples or Cult-leader. "

thanks for help.
Last edited by shun71 on May 6, 2020, 10:21:17 PM
"
shun71 wrote:
"
fong249 wrote:
"
shun71 wrote:

hi,

my gear :

bye to all.

+1 from helm enchant

you mean jewel clusters?

you know about pride ?

i don't know this " dealers choice of Disciples or Cult-leader. "

thanks for help.

"Dealers choice" is a phrase that just means you pick what you feel is best or want. Disciples gives you a huge amount of extra phys reduction for survive-ability and cult-leader gives you flat 35% more dmg to minions, I'd go with disciples.
"
Curs3dfox wrote:

"Dealers choice" is a phrase that just means you pick what you feel is best or want. Disciples gives you a huge amount of extra phys reduction for survive-ability and cult-leader gives you flat 35% more dmg to minions, I'd go with disciples.

disciples i use , i even put on amulet Ravenous horde.

i don't understand the mean of pride,just use on equip but can't use at all because not mana enough,is it for all of you the same or i need more mana for active it?
because right now its difficult to do that.
"
shun71 wrote:
"
Curs3dfox wrote:

i don't understand the mean of pride,just use on equip but can't use at all because not mana enough,is it for all of you the same or i need more mana for active it?

Look at rings in original post. These make herald reserve less, so you have enough for pride.

Other option is "the coming calamity" chest piece. cheaper, but not as good.
"
MockingbirdUK wrote:
"
shun71 wrote:
"
Curs3dfox wrote:

Look at rings in original post. These make herald reserve less, so you have enough for pride.

Other option is "the coming calamity" chest piece. cheaper, but not as good.

my rings are the same but bit bad then thats ( 30 +32 ),
perhaps is because i m using flesh & stone + dreadbanner and if i wanna use pride too need that armour.
the build is mentioning about these 3 skill but he is using just 2 of, pride and flesh & stone.

if i use pride and flesh & stone my mana lower till 42 lol, if i buy better rings will change ?
which is the best combination !?
Last edited by shun71 on May 9, 2020, 12:29:11 AM

Hello and thanks for great build! I'm on my way to endgame and i need a little advice. What should i improve in my gear next?
helm enchant for +1 sent
amulet for +1 phys skill +1 str skill
flasks
1st Cluster add Call of the Slaughter
add a second cluster jewel with the same skills, 2 more Pure Ag Mediums - you should be at 9 HoP

Consider dropping feeding frenzy for deathmark

do you really need holy relic & stone golem, maybe focus on small clusters too to get more life regen

consider adding in convocation in some capacity. your carrion golem probably goes down pretty fast in delirium/high tier maps.
Is there a consensus for a budget version of this build without spending tons of exalts. I only have about 6 right now. There seems to be a ton of variations in the commments and I am getting confused. Thank you
"
Is there a consensus for a budget version of this build without spending tons of exalts. I only have about 6 right now. There seems to be a ton of variations in the commments and I am getting confused. Thank you

Ookay so we wanna talk about budget huh. I delved into this build for about 3 weeks and got my fill of this league from bare-bones start to killing Sirus and other notable bosses, am ready to share what I learned.

First, I'll link the delirium budget version (Kendricklzb, around page 61-65 of this post) and a high-end version (Gnomiro, referenced alot in last ~10 pages of this post) which were a big help for me.

Budget: https://pastebin.com/mpUykeDV I would not use +2 unique chest though.
High-end: https://pastebin.com/inzt0N0s

What we can all agree on is to stack Pure Agony on medium jewels (+1 sentinel) and rotten claws on large jewels (impale dps is huge). Everything else is up to you.

The rings will be about 1 ex each, four medium jewels and two large jewels are anywhere from 50 chaos - 1 exalt each, low end means need to allocate more small passives so you'll eventually upgrade those. Good usable chest about 1 ex, and two daggers about 40 chaos, everything else can be upgraded in small steps/cheap.

I want to take this time to sum up my experience, and things I learned and tweaks that was part of me playing around.

1) First, defense.
Spoiler
Defense is already good in this build but I kinda went overboard and crafted aspect of the crab on my chest, and went out of the way and got two medium jewels with Disciples (phys damage reduction per sentinel). Why? I felt this league was more dangerous. These two are 48% phys damage reduction alone and I didn't have to get out of my way to get them (pretty expensive the medium jewels tho). In hindsight, a little less on phys dmg reduction and more on chaos resist might have done better for delirium. Vaal molten shell I consider to be our number one safety net.

2) Concering Sirus.
Spoiler
Gear/resistances I set up so I can easily switch to Sirus fight. This entails switching boots to Kaom's roots (no slow, otherwise good chance you'll die) and switch out blade vortex for ball lightning-greater multiple projectiles-faster casting for easier sentinel summoning without stalling stationary (otherwise you die trying to keep up blade vortex). Make sure one of your jewels has "corrupted blood cannot be afflicted on you", put dash-second wind, and a bunch of quicksilver/life flasks for the fight. All other major bosses I felt I could faceroll with original setup.

3) Specter/golem?
Spoiler
I deleted the whole summon specter/golem thing. Why? Carrion golem adds very little damage to sentinels, and instead of stone golem life regen, you can get Surging Vitality on small cluster jewels (very good life regen). Specters I didnt want to manage all the time.

4) Other changes for quality of life.

Arcane surge:
Spoiler
Instead of arcane surge on blade vortex I went with faster casting (huge quality of life). Losing ~15% more spell damage on blade vortex from arcane surge does nothing imo. Also, faster casting is huge for cast speed -- can't sit around casting BV with 0.5 second cast time while delirium mobs are out and about.

Culling strike:
Spoiler
I had culling strike on my gloves (big quality of life for snagging more trash mob kills to upkeep sentinels). In hindsight you can grab faster casting on gloves and put culling strike as skill gem too -- cheaper option.

Other auras:
Spoiler
Also sneaked in low level clarity cuz if you go nuts on blade vortex and whirling blades you will run out of mana every now and then. Arcane surge mana regen might be good enough for you. But I personally like faster casting + clarity. Even with clarity can't keep casting BV over and over -- need to adjust to playstyle where you upkeep BV periodically and whirling-blade around. Around 25-30 mana regen/sec will enable you to do that comfortably. Also, sand stance for flesh of stone for me personally cuz I hate dying but that's up to you. So my aura is: HoP (0% mana reserved), aspect of ___ (20%), clarity, dread banner (8%), pride (36%), and flesh and stone (18%) -- depending on your rings and enlighten and charisma-annointment you may have to drop one aura for lower budget, but I didn't go out of my way for reduced mana reservation other than charisma-annointment on my amulet. Make sure the circle of guilt ring has around 39% or better reduced mana (can be upgraded using catalyst if you buy uncorrupted). In hindsight instead of aspect of crab, arctic armour or aspect of the spider might have been better.

Curse.
Spoiler
Also, I dropped +1 curse on the tree but don't be like me and keep one defensive and one offensive curse. For me, I felt offensive curse was not needed for doing end-game content and it's not up 100% cuz I dont have curse on hit (from gloves or from skill support) or blasphemy -- was just using low level cwdt. Relying on cwdt for offensive curse was clunky and using curse on hit with whirling blade was also clunky. So I sac'ed some damage for 4 whopping skill points. I put the surplus points for cluster jewels and for more life on the tree (so that I sit on a nice 7k hp).

For choice of offensive curse, punishment versus vulnerability is totally up to you. I opted for vulnerability cuz its less condition-based than punishment (cursed mobs have to melee hit a sentinel for that sentinel to get buffed). Anyways the lesson here is we got plenty of passives if we cut down on some weak minion nodes, so in hindsight I would have kept the +1 curse from tree if I had a better way of proc'ing it rather than via a low level cwdt.

Passive tree/jewels:
Spoiler
Some minion nodes on tree pale so much in comparison to cluster jewels -- two important ones in my books are: "increases in minion attack speed apply to you" (zoom zoom whirling blade) and "increases in minion damage apply to you". But do cut down other minion nodes you think are unnecessary cuz cluster passives offer so much for this build.

Large jewel = rotten claws and call to slaughter are really good, renewal is bonus. 8 passives best.
Medium jewel = pure agony, cult leader, and disciples all good. 4 or 5 passives no difference if jewel has two notables and one small jewel socket.
Small jewel = more life, I personally like surging vitality, but options here.

Feeding frenzy or minion damage for support gem:
Spoiler
sentinels being aggressive didn't really do much at the end. We will be up and close to mobs with our BV anyways so sentinel's aggro distance didn't really have a big impact. I cut down convocation as well cuz I'm already tanky enough. I could have put vaal haste but I am lazy to press it.

Last but not least. Writhing jar flask.
Spoiler
I feel it's almost a necessity. So many cases you need it. Initial boss fight when all your sentinels are down, transitioning into Alva mission, etc.

After cutting all that out, I'm clocking at 2.39 million dps/sentinel (~3.2 with blood stance and if I were to use an offensive curse). Not using awakened skill gems so I would call mine medium budget. Anyways, up to you how much you want to sacrifice offense for quality of life/defense at this point. Also, spiking damage to insane levels means +1 or 2 gem level on chest and +1 or 2 from amulet which is out of budget for me. Then multiplicative treatment using increased damage taken on bottled faith, helmets mods, aspect of spider, and etc (also don't forget to squeeze in minion attack speed anywhere you can). Some of these damage increases are a bit condition-based and will not always be upkept. For example, chance to deal double damage inflates dps on paper alot but most of it depends on sentinels being on full life. Also, not to mention ramp-up time initially, especially on bosses. So I would say I'm clocking about 30-50% of dps from a high-end build on average considering all things.

Overall, been a pleasant experience, and the fun of this build is choosing which aspect of the build you will strengthen (offense/defense/quality of life). And remember you can cut down quite a bit on offense because even after sacrificing alot of damage like I did, you can burn major bosses in no time.

Anyways, here's my PoB also if you wanna see what a lazy/medium-budget/defense-oriented version looks like: https://pastebin.com/P1AVTD7H

Small aside, some of the PoB's floating around has mistakenly enabled feeding frenzy buff while not actually using the skill gem (it's a bug). And make sure you are using PoB fork for impale support, cuz it seriously adds like third of paper dps.
Last edited by hyukin on May 19, 2020, 4:22:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info