No Sound FX playing for Corrupted Blood

I was so excited about this addition because Corrupted Blood is the #1 killed of all my characters. Sadly, I hear nothing now when infected; and this is with all Sound FX on and wearing a headset. I spoke with a streamer about it and was watching as he played, and sure enough, he hit a big pack - no FX played for him either.

So it seems the issue is:

1) It isn't working at all
2) The wrong "sound" is playing so we can't differentiate it from other combat sounds.
3) The Volume is way too low

Either way, there is no difference for me while playing now - I hear nothing when I'm infected with Corrupted blood :(
All that and a bag of chips!
Last bumped on Jan 2, 2021, 11:35:02 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I confirm, I did the same remark to myself.

After installing the patch, and encountering my first Corrupting Blood, I was like "wth is this patch supposed to do ?"
Anyone else encountering this? Somebody said there's a "tearing" sound, but after days of play and days of killing corrupted blood mobs with no sound issues at all (for anything else) - I still hear nothing.
Bumping.
Are you having this trouble while playing on your Slayer character?
If so, it's because you're using the Endless Hunger node, which makes you immune to Bleeding whilst Leeching.
No corrupting blood stacks are being applied to your character, so you don't hear the audio.
Hey Yolandi, this happens on every single build I play. I'm on a pretty state of the art machine, have sound channels set to high, use a headset, and have no issues hearing any other Sound FX.

For clarification, I've played multiple builds (Necro, Elementalist, Trickster, Slayer, Assassin and Occultist) since the most recent patch that have no corrupted blood protection (no Jewel). I've also been infected with "bundles" of corrupted blood multiple times over the past few days and even died from it.

I never heard any indicator (of any kind) that I had been infected.

Somebody said there's a "ripping" noise, but if there is, it doesn't stand out and is indistinguishable from other other FX of the game.

Regardless, something is very wrong with the Sound FX system designed to address Corrupted Blood. It simply does not work. I've also spoken with multiple streamers who confirmed the same thing. Many other players say they just use the jewels the prohibit it from taking place, so they wouldn't know if it was working or not.

One of the reasons I'm so adamant about this is because Corrupted Blood kills me more than any other attack in the game; when I saw this change in the notes, I was thrilled.

Sadly, the latest patch provided no discernible change.

We really need a very loud sound FX tied to this - something that's unmistakable, like we have with Volatiles.
Last edited by Mooginator on Oct 29, 2019, 12:43:07 AM
"
Mooginator wrote:
Hey Yolandi, this happens on every single build I play. I'm on a pretty state of the art machine, have sound channels set to high, use a headset, and have no issues hearing any other Sound FX.

For clarification, I've played multiple builds (Necro, Elementalist, Trickster, Slayer, Assassin and Occultist) since the most recent patch that have no corrupted blood protection (no Jewel). I've also been infected with "bundles" of corrupted blood multiple times over the past few days and even died from it.

I never heard any indicator (of any kind) that I had been infected.

Somebody said there's a "ripping" noise, but if there is, it doesn't stand out and is indistinguishable from other other FX of the game.

Regardless, something is very wrong with the Sound FX system designed to address Corrupted Blood. It simply does not work. I've also spoken with multiple streamers who confirmed the same thing. Many other players say they just use the jewels the prohibit it from taking place, so they wouldn't know if it was working or not.

One of the reasons I'm so adamant about this is because Corrupted Blood kills me more than any other attack in the game; when I saw this change in the notes, I was thrilled.

Sadly, the latest patch provided no discernible change.

We really need a very loud sound FX tied to this - something that's unmistakable, like we have with Volatiles.

Would you be able to record your gameplay when this occurs?
Let me see what I can do. Given multiple streamers have confirmed the same thing (that they hear nothing) I don't think it's just on my end. I would think you could quickly reproduce the issue there in the office. If there is a 'tear sound' that's being played, it's definitely not enough for players to recognize.

Can you confirm what it is your team hears, and if they identify it as being audibly defining enough to quickly recognize?
if several streamers hace confirmed this, is it possible that you can link to their channels with a time stamp so they see there?
I'm going to try and capture it on my end, but I can't dig up streams showing the issue - I can just confirm in speaking with 4-5 PoE streamers they have noticed the same thing - no real changes in realizing if they have Corrupted Blood (e.g. confirming they don't hear an audible sound they can recognize).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info