[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

Hello, this build looks realy nice and im interest on this skill since it had been teasred. but i heared allot, that this skill is mostly weak in regards to dps output. i trust ur title. just wanted to hear your opinion if this will be a good choice, even if this leauge is a boss killing leauge. i normaly play winter orb or divine ire. but played divine now for the two last leauges and struggling with the descision if im gonna play winter orb or cobra lash. any thoughts would be nice. thank you:)
"
Oquiz wrote:
Hello, this build looks realy nice and im interest on this skill since it had been teasred. but i heared allot, that this skill is mostly weak in regards to dps output. i trust ur title. just wanted to hear your opinion if this will be a good choice, even if this leauge is a boss killing leauge. i normaly play winter orb or divine ire. but played divine now for the two last leauges and struggling with the descision if im gonna play winter orb or cobra lash. any thoughts would be nice. thank you:)

I'm pretty sure it can hold Winter Orbs candle with ease. I wouldn't claim it's the strongest skill out there, that would just be wrong. It is a nice league starter, because you can play it on a budget and you get the skill gem from act 1. You can then either invest into your equipment to make the skill viable to clear all content or move on to another build if you think you have seen it all. I chose to min/max it in Blight to achieve the >10m Shaper dps. That number is obviously only achieveable if you invested a good amount of currency into the build. But I beat UberElder on my first try (not deathless) and I didn't waste any progress time to get to UberElder.
It is a great mapping skill, has nice movement speed (once you got used to whirling blades) and it clears the whole screen with +more projectiles. With the new awakened gems it will be even cooler.
The poison works great on bosses, as they take damage while you evade attacks.
So...I won't tell you it's the best skill ever, but it is a lot of fun and you can clear all content and min/max it, if you want to. I recommend it as a league starter if you liked the video showcase of the style of play. :)
thank you for answering. If i choose a build, i will play it the whole leauge, i dont like to lvl another char.:D
could you tell me, what you average invested to afford your gear, seen you mostly crafted it, so its a bit of luck. but could you state a price range?
"
Oquiz wrote:
thank you for answering. If i choose a build, i will play it the whole leauge, i dont like to lvl another char.:D
could you tell me, what you average invested to afford your gear, seen you mostly crafted it, so its a bit of luck. but could you state a price range?

That is pretty hard to estimate. At the start of Blight League the Fenumus Weave gloves were rather expensive. But they aren't mandatory, so I just waited until I was able to afford them (I think I paid around 100c for them). A Lion Pelt with Cobra Lash Enchant will not be cheap, I bought mine as a base for 1-2 exalts. Cinderswallow Urn was 80c. For the crafting Materials I have no clue really, but that's very hard to estimate anyways.
The watchers eye also was a bargain, I think I paid around 3 exalts for it. The key is to set up live searches on the official trade website for items that you want and then to be the one who buys it when it gets listed. You can do well on 1 exalt and very good on 5 exalts.
Hey, nice guide, i'll be definilety try this as league starter.

I saw that mathil did something similar, but went daggers instead (Bisko's).

Whats your thoughts on that? What would be the main pro's and cons between daggers and claws for this. What would be highest dps?

Hey Moos,

you wrote:
"
3.9 changed the location of the Ambidexterity node on the passive tree, which made me rework the passive tree - as pointed out in the relevant guide section below.

The 3.9 pastebin now has a route more north not past the Ambidexterity node but said node still put a point into. Did I missed something while reading through the initial post, or did you just forget to unselect Ambidexterity?
Reach out and touch hate.
so spell totem is now balista totem and also doesnt work with wither anymore. what should we use with that? kinda lost there
"
mromcy wrote:
Hey, nice guide, i'll be definilety try this as league starter.

I saw that mathil did something similar, but went daggers instead (Bisko's).

Whats your thoughts on that? What would be the main pro's and cons between daggers and claws for this. What would be highest dps?

Biscos is a nice item and was pretty good for clearing Blight maps. Claw builds have a (much?) higher damage output then dagger builds. And since we are fighting bosses everywhere this league, claws is the natural choice. Biscos can spread your poison stacks, that's why it was great to clear multiple screen of densly packed monsters. But we don't really need that right now and this build can clear the whole screen with ease anyways.

Also the claw projectiles look much much better! :D
"
Hastur667 wrote:
Hey Moos,

you wrote:
"
3.9 changed the location of the Ambidexterity node on the passive tree, which made me rework the passive tree - as pointed out in the relevant guide section below.

The 3.9 pastebin now has a route more north not past the Ambidexterity node but said node still put a point into. Did I missed something while reading through the initial post, or did you just forget to unselect Ambidexterity?

Luckily it's not possible to just select a node in PoB without making the path to it. I chose to connect Dire Torment to the tree instead of Ambidexterity, because that gives us more useful stat points and higher damage. Ambidexterity is annointed on the Amulet, using the Blight League NPC Dassia. Ambidexterity is the best node to annoint, but if it costs too much, there are other possibilities to annoint in the meanwhile.
"
TheBenShee wrote:
so spell totem is now balista totem and also doesnt work with wither anymore. what should we use with that? kinda lost there
Spell Totem and Ballista Totem are two different gems. Shadow only gets Ballista Totem from Nessa; you can get Spell Totem later from Siosa in Act 3 or trade with another player for one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info