[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

"
MoosGames wrote:
"
Hex Remix wrote:
Ah I think i may have gotten confusing, sorry.

I mean, in his PoB, he put 60% more damage with poison on his chest pc. But, he only has the mod on one claw, since hes claw and shield.. should he have put the mod on his chest? That is what is confusing me.

You said ONLY if its on both claws, yet he has one claw and one shield, but still put it on his chest in PoB. Just want to make sure I have the damage values correct in PoB.

That's alright, since he doesn't hit with his shield, nothing is doubled in that case.
If he used 1 claw with that mod and another nice claw which is missing the mod, it would still treat all hits from the other claw as if it had the mod on it, no matter where you edit it to. That's why you get wrong damage numbers if you edit that mod and are dual wielding and have it only on one weapon. But it's the most important mod on a CL weapon, so it's unlikely that anyone has just one claw with it (for a longer time) if dual wielding .
And it still makes sense to put it on chest, so that he can still compare weapons for potential upgrades.

Hi Moo,

Thanks for the build, having a lot of fun with it and really appreciate the effort to get this updated.

Even with this explanation I'm still confused (sorry if I'm being a bit thick):

Does this mean that in PoB you should have the mod 3x (in your example one on left hand claw, one on right hand claw and one on your chest piece) if you have dual-wield claws? The mods on your 2 claws are not applied globally in POB and are instead applied directly to the weapon you have equipped (which is calculating the DPS values incorrect - or maybe they are doing nothing at all to your DPS in PoB??), so this is why you should manually add it to something else (e.g. your chest piece) to add it globally?

Therefore if you have just 1 claw, you should have the mod just 2x, one in a claw and one on your chest piece? (The chest piece mod you added manually is doing the DPS magic in PoB's calculators).

Apologies in advance if I'm being thick (there is a good chance I could be)!

____

Also on a seperate note, do you have any idea what should be my next upgrade? Any help would be appreciated, thank you! :)

____

Last edited by NeedBlackupYo on Jan 9, 2020, 4:37:59 PM
"
MoosGames wrote:

I haven't play it in SSF, but I would say it is Softvore SSF viable. You craft most of your equipment and aren't dependant on unique items, which is imortant for SSF. You do need to run Delve though, to get the required Fossils to craft with. And you have to live with less then optimal performance compared to trade league, but that's true for all SSF builds. If you run this build in SSF, I'd be interested to hear about your experience.

Cool, I will give it a go!

I usually don't progress that far into endgame but I will let you know how it works out!
"
NeedBlackupYo wrote:
"
MoosGames wrote:
"
Hex Remix wrote:
Ah I think i may have gotten confusing, sorry.

I mean, in his PoB, he put 60% more damage with poison on his chest pc. But, he only has the mod on one claw, since hes claw and shield.. should he have put the mod on his chest? That is what is confusing me.

You said ONLY if its on both claws, yet he has one claw and one shield, but still put it on his chest in PoB. Just want to make sure I have the damage values correct in PoB.

That's alright, since he doesn't hit with his shield, nothing is doubled in that case.
If he used 1 claw with that mod and another nice claw which is missing the mod, it would still treat all hits from the other claw as if it had the mod on it, no matter where you edit it to. That's why you get wrong damage numbers if you edit that mod and are dual wielding and have it only on one weapon. But it's the most important mod on a CL weapon, so it's unlikely that anyone has just one claw with it (for a longer time) if dual wielding .
And it still makes sense to put it on chest, so that he can still compare weapons for potential upgrades.

Hi Moo,

Thanks for the build, having a lot of fun with it and really appreciate the effort to get this updated.

Even with this explanation I'm still confused (sorry if I'm being a bit thick):

Does this mean that in PoB you should have the mod 3x (in your example one on left hand claw, one on right hand claw and one on your chest piece) if you have dual-wield claws? The mods on your 2 claws are not applied globally in POB and are instead applied directly to the weapon you have equipped (which is calculating the DPS values incorrect - or maybe they are doing nothing at all to your DPS in PoB??), so this is why you should manually add it to something else (e.g. your chest piece) to add it globally?

Therefore if you have just 1 claw, you should have the mod just 2x, one in a claw and one on your chest piece? (The chest piece mod you added manually is doing the DPS magic in PoB's calculators).

Apologies in advance if I'm being thick (there is a good chance I could be)!

____

Also on a seperate note, do you have any idea what should be my next upgrade? Any help would be appreciated, thank you! :)

____

Upgrade Wasp Nest into a crafted claw with the delve 60% more poison damage mod and flat chaos damage.

IF you are using the normal PoB and not the "Fork", then you can see the delve poison mod (60% chance to deal 100% more poison damage = 60% more poison damage) is written in red. Anything that is displayed in red, isn't calculated by PoB, because PoB doesn't understand (you can test by manually editing a weapon and adding the exact priginal phrasing to it and it won't make a difference). Therefore, if you want some real damage numbers with that very important mod taken into account and being calculated into the numbers, you have to edit one piece of equipment with the "60% more poison damage" workaround mod. I recommend, putting this on the chest, because if you have it on a claw, that claw will gain a massive damage increase and you can not compare other claws to it realistically, without adding the mod to them manually.
"
MoosGames wrote:

IF you are using the normal PoB and not the "Fork", then you can see the delve poison mod (60% chance to deal 100% more poison damage = 60% more poison damage) is written in red. Anything that is displayed in red, isn't calculated by PoB, because PoB doesn't understand (you can test by manually editing a weapon and adding the exact priginal phrasing to it and it won't make a difference). Therefore, if you want some real damage numbers with that very important mod taken into account and being calculated into the numbers, you have to edit one piece of equipment with the "60% more poison damage" workaround mod. I recommend, putting this on the chest, because if you have it on a claw, that claw will gain a massive damage increase and you can not compare other claws to it realistically, without adding the mod to them manually.

This actually got me even more confused. I use LocalIdentity's Fork, since it is updated with current mods and rolls correctly i believe. However, when i upload your PoB into it.. and the affix for 60% poisons to do 100% damage etc... on the weapons they're blue meaning they being calculated properly.

So I took off the custom mod on the chest piece.. and dps dropped to 8.5m, which leads me to believe either something is still way off.. wrong.. or it doesn't actually do 60% more poison dmg.

IDK. I'm fully confused now too.

Adding this to say that in the regular PoB, where the mod didn't work (claw mod) it showed 12.Xmillion total dps inc poison. In this, with the chest mod, it showed 13.8m or so.

https://i.imgur.com/EytZHic.png

Last edited by Hex Remix on Jan 10, 2020, 1:38:41 PM
I really liked your guide, having trouble with bosses. Map clear is awesome!
My damage is very low, ofc stygian belt helps but is that the only reason?

https://pastebin.com/UPtqLygD

Appreciated any tips..
"
Hex Remix wrote:
"
MoosGames wrote:

This actually got me even more confused. I use LocalIdentity's Fork, since it is updated with current mods and rolls correctly i believe. However, when i upload your PoB into it.. and the affix for 60% poisons to do 100% damage etc... on the weapons they're blue meaning they being calculated properly.

So I took off the custom mod on the chest piece.. and dps dropped to 8.5m, which leads me to believe either something is still way off.. wrong.. or it doesn't actually do 60% more poison dmg.

IDK. I'm fully confused now too.

Adding this to say that in the regular PoB, where the mod didn't work (claw mod) it showed 12.Xmillion total dps inc poison. In this, with the chest mod, it showed 13.8m or so.

https://i.imgur.com/EytZHic.png

Oh wow, you really had me worried there, that something was actually wrong with that tree. But I found out, that the PoB-Fork has a different place to set the number if "Withered" Debuffs from our Spell totems. In the normal PoB you select Withered as a Main Skill on the left side and then set the number in a drop down field and in the new PoB-Fork you set it in the Configuration (which I hadn't done, since I didn't use the Fork). So with the 60% more Poison Damage removed from the Body Armour and the Withered Debuff set to 10 (15 would be max., but many times you will not apply all 15 debuffs) in the Configuration, it shows me 12,75m DPS. So it all works fine. Good find though, I hadn't bothered to look into it with the PoB-Fork much yet. :D
"
HunterEgo wrote:
I really liked your guide, having trouble with bosses. Map clear is awesome!
My damage is very low, ofc stygian belt helps but is that the only reason?

https://pastebin.com/UPtqLygD

Appreciated any tips..

You deal >10m Shaper DPS. You just have to apply the right options in the Configuration. I just did it on the fly, without checking what exactly you got, but with the settings I quickly set you deal 14.1m Shaper DPS.
I adjusted your Tree a little, you only had 90% Hit Chance, which is too low.
You equipment is good enough, wouldn't know any upgrades other then to have a Stygian Vise to replace HH on Awakener or Elder/Shaper.

Here is what I would adjust your Tree to, but you can take this as an idea and check for yourself which nodes might be better by turning on the "SHow Power" option on bottom of PoB.
Last edited by MoosGames on Jan 10, 2020, 4:26:26 PM
I don't understand, how come you don't max out your chaos res?
edited bc obvious
Last edited by L1L_I3E4R_NoScope on Jan 10, 2020, 8:45:19 PM
How are you able to run fen weave aura(spider), precision(level 1), maleo, agony + haste? I understand for the first 4 you have them all socketed into the weave gloves with a level 3 enlighten.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info