Blight map minimum portal distance needed

Was lucky enough to get a T14 blighted map earlier so i anoint it up and get going, 2 minutes in a portal opens up so close to pump that they can attack it directly out of the portal, surely GGG could put in a minimum distance that portals need to be away from the pump as having them spawn so close makes it impossible to complete.
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2019, 2:11:25 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
metazunai wrote:
Was lucky enough to get a T14 blighted map earlier so i anoint it up and get going, 2 minutes in a portal opens up so close to pump that they can attack it directly out of the portal, surely GGG could put in a minimum distance that portals need to be away from the pump as having them spawn so close makes it impossible to complete.

They have no tech to do so.
Seemsto.

Possibly designers do coding.
"
metazunai wrote:

From GGG: "The majority of the issues reported by our community were resolved and most of our developers are now working hard on the 3.9.0 and 4.0.0 expansions."

There's only one single developer assigned to Blight now. The rest are working on 3.9, 4.0, and designing MTX. Unless the one person working on Blight can figure it out it's not going to get fixed before end of league. They know about the problem as they've already changed blight pathing once but it didn't fix the problem.
Yes, this is the most game breaking bug with blighted maps, and it is just still on GGG's known issues page, but not even mentioned in the lates what we are working on post.. which means, I am not expecting any solutiopn for it in the league anymore.
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.
Agreed, but it really does not happen often luckily. Really really sucks when it does though. Especially when you were aiming for a hard to get challenge.
"
Hi,

This is an issue that we are aware of and tried to get fixed for Blight's initial release. The problem turned out to be a lot harder than it initially seemed, and the team are still looking for a good solution.

LOL
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
DarkJen wrote:
"
metazunai wrote:

They have no tech to do so.
Seemsto.

Possibly designers do coding.

guess is to hard to add a line of code that will instantly destroy any portal that appears nearby the pump and creates a new portal somewhere else when it happends...
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
caboom wrote:
guess is to hard to add a line of code that will instantly destroy any portal that appears nearby the pump and creates a new portal somewhere else when it happends...

It is literally impossible.
Time tells.
My last 2 Blighted map drops (of which there have been only 9) were T13 and, in both instances, a portal spawned right on top of the pump.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Sorry that this doesn't look like it will be fixed... really doesn't bode well for future development. Hate to see how bad a problem will eventually have to be in order for it to get solved.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info