How would you modify an Ascendancy class to your likings/dreams?

Let's assume no concerns in power creep, nor in damage to economy, nor in unbalancing vs content or vs other ascendancies... what ascendancy would you modify to your heart's content? And how would you modify it? All dreams allowed!!!! :)

Let me start: i would modify Necromancer, cause i liked better its previous incarnation. I would do...

MINDLESS AGGRESSION

Minions gain a frenzy charge and a power charge each second

Minions' hits intimidate enemies, which take 20% increased physical damage

Minions' hits ignore enemy monsters' elemental resistances

And, with cruel Lab, the three paths--->

FLESH SCULPTOR

+2 to maximum number of Zombies

Zombies does not require a corpse

Zombies always use their Slam, which cannot be evaded, with zero cooldown

Zombies have 100% increased maximum life

Zombies deal 100% increased damage

BONE SCULPTOR

+2 to maximum number of Skeletons

Summon your maximum number of Skeletons in one cast

Skeletons' hits cannot be evaded

Skeletons deal 100% of their melee damage as splash damage to surrounding targets, which cannot be evaded

Skeletons have 100% increased attack, cast and movement speed

SPIRIT SCULPTOR

+2 to maximum number of Spectres

Spectres take 75% less damage

Spectres deal 75% more damage

Spectres' skills fire 4 additional projectiles

Projectiles fired by spectres pierce all targets

On a totally separated path--->

OFFERING TO THE DEAD

Offering skills' base duration is always 10 seconds, whenever number of corpses you have consumed

Offering skills also affect you

When you cast an offering, your minions also gain 25% of bonuses from the other existing offerings

----------------------------------------------------

And now, to you :) Dream big, exiles :)
Last edited by PeonOnSteroids on Oct 18, 2019, 3:49:53 AM
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2019, 7:08:46 PM
Guardian's Harmony of Purpose. Would be kinda busted, but sometimes busted can be fun!

Current:
Nearby Enemies cannot gain Power, Frenzy or Endurance Charges.
You and Nearby Party Members Share Power, Frenzy and Endurance Charges with each other.
10% chance to gain a Power, Frenzy or Endurance Charge on hit.

New:
You and Nearby Allies Share Power, Frenzy and Endurance Charges with each other.

--

I see your Necro changes would take it back to having Ascendancy nodes specific to different summoner gems. I'm not a super fan of this approach as it really limits the decision making when choosing which nodes you are going to take.

"
When you cast an offering, your minions also gain 25% of bonuses from the other existing offerings

Something like this sounds really cool! I'd like a reason to use multiple different offerings.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
Last edited by maffa50 on Oct 18, 2019, 4:42:03 AM
I would adjust an ascendancy to fit the "strike skills" playstyle. Don't know what the best class would be, but maybe Champion? Maybe give the "First to STRIKE, last to fall" node an additional "Strike skills are supported by level 25 Ancestral Call" or maybe even "Strike Skills target 3/4 additional nearby Enemies".

I love the Strike Skills play style, and I love a lot of the Strike Skills themselves, but they are sadly pretty obsolete in today's META. A little buff like that would be awesome.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 18, 2019, 4:42:51 AM
Anyone asking for more damage to an ascendancy that already clears endgame content just wants the game to be too easy. It already is. Players are already tired of it.
"
maffa50 wrote:
Guardian's Harmony of Purpose. Would be kinda busted, but sometimes busted can be fun!

Current:
You and Nearby Party Members Share Power, Frenzy and Endurance Charges with each other.

New:
You and Nearby Allies Share Power, Frenzy and Endurance Charges with each other.

--

I see your Necro changes would take it back to having Ascendancy nodes specific to different summoner gems. I'm not a super fan of this approach as it really limits the decision making when choosing which nodes you are going to take.

"

Something like this sounds really cool! I'd like a reason to use multiple different offerings.

Wow O.O A small change, that is indeed wonderful O.O
Multiple offering would be fantastic (albeit i didn't use any of them in the past: too much buttons to press)
"
Phrazz wrote:
I would adjust an ascendancy to fit the "strike skills" playstyle. Don't know what the best class would be, but maybe Champion? Maybe give the "First to STRIKE, last to fall" node an additional "Strike skills are supported by level 25 Ancestral Call" or maybe even "Strike Skills target 3/4 additional nearby Enemies".

I love the Strike Skills play style, and I love a lot of the Strike Skills themselves, but they are sadly pretty obsolete in today's META. A little buff like that would be awesome.

I perfectly agree with you. It can be dreamed of an ascendancy node like....

Strike skills gain 15 radius for each hit after the first you dealed recently
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Anyone asking for more damage to an ascendancy that already clears endgame content just wants the game to be too easy. It already is. Players are already tired of it.

It's not an asking, it's a dreaming :)
Btw, it would be great ho have the freedom of adding extra projectiles to minions without the hateful less multiplier of GMP. Some spells have their threshold jewels, why minions not? :/
And would be fantastic to be finally free of being forced to use the same exact single piece of gear from years now (Victario Charity) as the only way to give spectres frenzy charges without sacrificing one of them for Carnage Chieftain :/
i'd do raider.

i'd change all of the attack damage to just damage increases, and change the attack speed to attack and cast speed.

lastly i'd change Avatar of the Slaughter from
8% inc evasion per frenzy
3% inc movement speed per frenzy
3% inc attack speed per frenzy
8% inc attack damage per frenzy

to be
3% more chance to evade per frenzy
2% inc action speed per frenzy
6% inc damage per frenzy

this would open up raider to a whole slew of new builds. from traps, totems, spells, everything.
Occultist - Frigid Wake

Change +20% cold damage over time multiplier to

+20% more cold damage

There are so few cold dot skills in the game, it just felt so darn limiting to always need to build around the same 2 or 3 skills, when there are so much more cold skills in general.

Vile Bastion is also quite bad now and could use some improvement. They over-nerfed it.
I wouldn't make them overall more powerful, but just change the flavor, so if the following seem unbalanced, imagine them balanced downward to maintain existing strength but new functionality.

Heiro - You can carry your totems around you (like a blade vortex)

Raider - Nodes that buff movement speeds until they can become main damage skills that compete with primary melee skills.

Assassin - critical strikes build up a buff on you, that can be released for massive single target damage

Elementalist - Your skills hit the target as if they were ignited, chilled, and shocked (i.e. they aren't actually shocked but your skills get the bonuses effects as if they were like Immolate Support would always work)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info