Was there a nerf on stacked decks from blight chests?

Yeah so at this point I've run at least a hundred more Elder City Squares and can confidently claim that stacked deck drop rates got a stealth nerf.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Pretty dick move though.. why nerf something GGG is a direct fan of - weighted gambling?
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
I mean stacked decks themselves got nerfed beyond belief for the last 2 leagues anyway

Has that been explicitly stated? Just curious.
"
cetvxs wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
I mean stacked decks themselves got nerfed beyond belief for the last 2 leagues anyway

"Beyond belief"? Of course not. I believe it. After my early league experiences, I even expected it. So if these changes would be "beyond anyone's beliefe", they're naive.

So no, they don't usually comment on mid-league nerfs and buff on the small scale.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Stacked Decks were there, and then suddenly Poof they were almost gone.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
in last 3 blighteds 140quant i got around 40 stacked decks, all garbage cards...
"
cetvxs wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

Ok statement was slightly hyperbole for sure but anyone who played the game when stacked decks were first added knows they were gutted about when they started making them regular drops, that makes sense from a gameplay perspective but i wish they'd kept the decks stacked and added a new item for random card instead.
I get about 6 per map on T11, blighted reef I believe.

Was selling packs of 50 for 5c each. Ez money
KenMan
every league the drop rates overall get progressively nerfed.

Every league first to 2nd week i get so much awesome loot, not just currency or such, but also amazing stat rares unid off the ground.

And then it basically tanks into non-existance. This is also the reason i always quit like 1 month into a league.
I feel this way too.
Normally I am "RNG IS RNG" but when I read the thread title it did click in my brain. I remember getting heaps of stacked decks, CONSISTENTLY with blights and now it's a wasteland. I think it's a large enough sample space to safely assume they adjusted the drop rates - but we still could be wrong.
Last edited by poeGT on Oct 19, 2019, 3:13:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info