[3.9] Trikosta's Bow + 4-Totem + Mirage Archer Toxic Rain (Easy Uber Elder) - low/medium budget

"
jlncosta wrote:
I am hoping to update this thread shortly after the new skill gems are released in PoB...have to theorycraft a bit to min max the build for 3.9 changes...which I hope will be awesome for the build :)

looking forward to the update. this will def be my league starter

Although, this is the first time i think ive ever seen a build recommend Kraityn over the skill points? Curious if kill all would be the better option
Last edited by latterus14 on Dec 9, 2019, 10:34:43 AM
The overall build is just great, although I just made a quick proof of concept in standard for my league starter decision. So i would like to focus on the league starter aspects of this a bit ...
When used as a league starter, this seems to be on the squishier end. Due to the absence of enduring charges, I replaced immortal call with steelskin and went a couple of levels higher with the CWDT and steelskin. What do you think about aspect of the crab without the set? Do you think it is still worth it? Would be interested in some leveling experience.

I also replaced blink arrow with withering step, which seems a natural fit for a build like this
(pop totems -> WS -> dodge all and faster max wither stacks).

Without oils being easily available, i guess the bane setup will be a little weaker in 3.9, as we have to decide between temp chains and despair. Do you think the bane setup is still worth it then? maybe going for windscream for a start?

For now I assume the following setups for league start(based on 3.8)

enlighten - malevolence (vitality) - vaal grace - flesh and stone (sand)
withering step - cwdt(10-14) steelskin (10-16) - increased duration

blood rage - frenzy - curse on hit - temp chains/despair
or
bane - despair - efficacy - temp chains

any tips on a league start with this build? A couple of of items are also less available (bow - elder base, dying sun, oils). Still pretty hyped about the buffs and can't wait for the new PoB version

Really wanted to try this build to start 3.9 but having doubts. RAT is now Ballista Totem and penalties have gone from -26% Dmg & -30% AS on RAT to -41% Dmg & -50% AS on BT. was also looking at using Barrage Support with Volley Fire jewel but the 62% less damage and slower attack time combined with Volley Fire only used with Barrage attack skill & not the support (I believe that's correct) make that option really underwhelming. plus, Mirage Archer is nerfed as well.
the ballista totem wheel in SE corner of passive tree is interesting & helpful, but is it enuf?
Anybody else have any thoughts on all this? I'm sure Jlncosta will be re-evaluating the build - let us know when you've had the chance to do all the calcs. maybe it'll still work, but it won't be the killer build I thought it might be.
Chose this variation as a starter for 3.9. New to the game and wanted to know what you’d change for 3.9 league?
Small update for 3.9 league
Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info