[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

Yeah, pretty much once you have a 6link chest, or even better a decent elder helm, you can jump in with CwC-Cyclone. If using an elder helm, your actual gems will be SRS-Cyclone-CwC-Combustion.

Regarding the helm, the one I currently am using will run you 2-4 ex, but you can actually get some decent ones for < 1 ex if you get creative with supports. Good supports are minion damage, minion life, 30% elemental damage, +2/3 to minion gems, and conc effect, roughly in that order. DO NOT use immolate support, as that will screw up your EE. I recommend getting at least 2 of the above mentioned supports.

Note that 30% elemental damage is a suffix, gem level, minion life, and minion damage, and conc effect are are prefixes, so ideally you would want 2 prefixes and 1 suffix so you can still roll life.
Last edited by Peterrabbit_01 on Oct 24, 2019, 12:11:04 PM
Update: I have been tweaking the build over the last month, and have complied the incremental improvements into what will probably be my final build for 3.8. Most notably I have squeezed another 25% or so movement speed into the build which really helps smooth out mapping. New videos up too; all guardians and UE for your viewing enjoyment :D
Updated for 3.9! Basically nothing has changes so this was an easy update; but I have also added a Leveling section, as well as an Ascendancy order. I will be using this build as my league starter, so I will keep this guide up to date with my experiences as I go.
Have been looking for something exactly like this for a while. Thank you for the detailed guide!
So, how does this preform in delve in terms of killing?
"
mitbanomen wrote:
Have been looking for something exactly like this for a while. Thank you for the detailed guide!

No problem, glad you found it interesting!
"
Roulce wrote:
So, how does this preform in delve in terms of killing?

I created this build last league and was more focused on mapping than delve. That being said the bit I did do felt quite nice; Cyclone is nice for pathing through packs of mobs and the damage is definitely there. I will be delving more this league so I'll definitely post an update to this once I have more data.
Instead of cast on channel, is cast on crit a viable option with the new cyclone mechanic ( its not all or nothing anymore crit wise ). With even 10% critical chance would that summon srs faster for more detonations? cyclone hits many times a second and vrs 3 or 4 targets you have to be putting out some decent critical numbers.
I'm going to use your build this league, the concept looks really fun. Thanks for the guide !

The dominating blow advice for leveling is awesome. Before that I was so slow ...
"
roachmanley wrote:
Instead of cast on channel, is cast on crit a viable option with the new cyclone mechanic ( its not all or nothing anymore crit wise ). With even 10% critical chance would that summon srs faster for more detonations? cyclone hits many times a second and vrs 3 or 4 targets you have to be putting out some decent critical numbers.

Cast on Crit can't support channeling skills, so cyclone would be out. Interesting idea though!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info