Best way to find Aul in 3.8

I am looking to fight Aul...because he is out there and I want to experience the fight. Currently, I am going sideways at depth 180 (monster level 83 started at depth 171). Still no Aul after about ~50 nodes at that depth.

Based on similar builds on poe.ninja I should be comfortable going down to 300-350 without any real change in gear. Only issue with that is that I'll have to do sulfite rotas/scarabs/all that jazz to sustain enough sulfite for those depths. Right now I can get by on the few Niko missions I get on beefed up T16s.

So my question is this. Have I just been unlucky and if I continue longer I am likely to find an Aul at my current depth relatively soon... or should I just go down as far as comfortably possible then start looking? (responses with the first depth you encountered Aul are much welcome)
Last bumped on Nov 24, 2019, 6:23:41 AM
i have been looking for him since delve league...i dont think i will ever see him
"
i have been looking for him since delve league...i dont think i will ever see him

I get bored long before I ever see a delve boss now - I've only fought 3 and it was always the lowest tier one.

I'm not sure if they adjusted his depth when they adjusted level so all you really can do is dig deeper and hope for merciful rng.
Yep, totally over league play.
I was also curious about Aul's minimum depth for this patch right after the rebalancing information by lowering the monster level 83 area (I made a thread of it at league start, but unfortunatelly noone responded).

Based on PoeDB, Aul is still only spawning from level 250, even if now monster level 83 is already starting at level 171.

https://poedb.tw/us/DelveBiomes

In Blight, I went down to level 250 right away, then spent all my remaining sulphite for the 650k end game grinds between levels 255 and 345 sideways, without finding any Aul (actually, only found 1 Kurgal this time, not even a simple Ahuatotli at all).

(To be honest, I did not expect anything, as I ever found Aul once in Delve at level 588, and never ever again after tons of delving in all later leagues.)

For me, this was the only challenge I had to buy this league after sitting at 39/40, I was invited to a level 251 Aul a few days ago (after I gave up all my hopes to find him at around 850k sulphite later in this league).
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.
Last edited by Mike_84 on Oct 11, 2019, 4:20:43 PM
went down to 300 and went sideways from there slowly going down to 350, 700k+ sulphite later no aul.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
I found one this league (first time ever lol) in 190 depth so i think that he still spawn starting at monster level 83 areas.

I went sideways most of the time, so it's probbably easier this way to find him, but it's still RNG if he will ever exist on your delve or not lol (300+ zana breach mod maps done and no chayula).
Yeah i've been going sideways at ~280 for a very long time (since betrayal) and haven't noticed the "better delve experience" promised with the reworking of Delve for 3.8.

Still the same old vaal cities with boxes of corrupted white maps, hidden areas with one-socket resonator allstars, and fossil nodes where you get 3 scours and a jumble of augments/scraps, and as an afterthought, a frigid fossil. Still the same 99.9% of nodes being either azurite dribbles or identified armour/weapons that suck and aren't even good for chaos recipe. Still the same bombable walls concealing a chest that says "Hidden Loot" and you open the chest and it's got a single copy of Dark Temptations in it.

The only thing that's different is the mods are pushed to levels you might not formerly have seen until about 320, and the sulphite costs per segment as well.

We hoped that Delve improvements would put more "interesting nodes" front and centre as rewards for folks who got past the "find a fractured wall" level of investment and put effort into improving their gnome-sense.

But the "interesting nodes" including Aul and architects/liches seem to be stuck in the same places, while the average delver will hit a sulphite cost or mortality wall EARLIER than before.

The changes were made ONLY to foreshorten the endgame delver's grind to maximum profitability.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Thanks for the replies...they are sadly disheartening. I guess I will just shift to going down again and maybe sidetrack after 320. The sad truth is that I will likely just give up on the journey and never fight him.

Honestly, GGG could implement a currency sink where you guarantee a boss encounter for like 200-300c and I would totally pay for it. I think is crappy that you can play a lot league after league and still never see some content.
the best way to find aul is to buy it, you've got a chance of being scammed but trying to farm it yourself is just not the way
I've had leagues where Aul spawns often sometimes twice in the same screen and I've had leagues where I've been down to 600+ without a trace of him. There's some brutal rng involved in his encounter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info