[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Really liking this build. What do you think I should go for next to upgrade.

One problem I'm have is dealing with porcupine spikes, especially in rituals. Is there anything I'm missing?

https://pastebin.com/D4BPAQK9
Last edited by molinheiro on Jan 27, 2021, 11:24:34 AM
"
molinheiro wrote:
Really liking this build. What do you think I should go for next to upgrade.

One problem I'm have is dealing with porcupine spikes, especially in rituals. Is there anything I'm missing?

https://pastebin.com/D4BPAQK9

Remember to use Vaal disc, it makes you immortal for 3 seconds, great for big packs of anything really scary. (Assuming you're tossing traps, which means your regen is flowing. You can also do it in delving, press vaal disc and u got 3 secs to get safe)

IC and CWDT should also help a lot vs the porcies, but I think you have a bit low ES too. I see many of your items are a bit on them low-ES end, so mostly I think you would benefit a lot from upgrading a few of those, because the upgrades won't cost much at all, some just a few chaos.

You will feel a massive survival boost also, once you're able to obtain a rare shield with reduce reserve and ES-onblock. With max block, you'll be getting ES back from every spike hitting you.

That being said, many of the people rolling this build and that you can also see on PoE.ninja, they go all the way to max level with the unique shield, so it's definitely also possible, but you need decent ES on each item (also so your %'s in the skilltree will matter more)

I would alteration + aug and regal your helm until it has at least 250+ ES.
Your gloves i'd try get at least 160+. You can get such gloves with 60+ res for less than 10c. If you're still feeling squishy, i'd consider taking a little hit on damage and equipping a maxed Bated Breath belt, until you can get more ES in your other gear.

If you aim for the rare shield for endgame on this build, keep in mind that you can force the ES-onblock stat on the shield, through harvest crafting. :)

Last edited by oestergreen on Jan 27, 2021, 11:54:35 AM
Hey, could you please check my hero build?
Have very low ES but items are pretty good, may be i made couple of mistakes.
Thank you!
"
Rache777 wrote:
Thank you!

Yes mate you have very very low ES, because your items are not ES-base items.

You have to use ES bases.

Gloves: Sorcerer or Fingerless Silk.
Shield: Harmonic Spirit or Titanium Spirit.
Boots: Sorcerer.
Helm: Hubris Circlet.

All of those have high ES as base but you still need to aim for having some minimum amounts of ES on them >>>>

Gloves need at least 150 ES.
Boots at least 150 ES.
Helm at least 200 ES.
Shield at least 200-250 (if it has mana reserve, its ok to manage with just 200 ES)

Take a look at my active character in this league mate, if you need to check what bases i'm using.

The blind on your gloves doesn't do anything, because we already have 100% blind in our Ascendancy. The Light Eater point in skill-tree, only the % damage on full ES works, the leeching effects don't work for traps.

Goodluck mate, hope it helps :)

Guys, just to let you know, i was dying a lot before i switch from prism guardians to a rare es shield with ES on block.
Now i dont die anymore!!!
Is this build viable to use for boss killing only? making them kind of trivial?
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
Rache777 wrote:
Thank you!

Yes mate you have very very low ES, because your items are not ES-base items.

You have to use ES bases.

Gloves: Sorcerer or Fingerless Silk.
Shield: Harmonic Spirit or Titanium Spirit.
Boots: Sorcerer.
Helm: Hubris Circlet.

All of those have high ES as base but you still need to aim for having some minimum amounts of ES on them >>>>

Gloves need at least 150 ES.
Boots at least 150 ES.
Helm at least 200 ES.
Shield at least 200-250 (if it has mana reserve, its ok to manage with just 200 ES)

Take a look at my active character in this league mate, if you need to check what bases i'm using.

The blind on your gloves doesn't do anything, because we already have 100% blind in our Ascendancy. The Light Eater point in skill-tree, only the % damage on full ES works, the leeching effects don't work for traps.

Goodluck mate, hope it helps :)

Im just kind of idiot XD forget to activate discipline, so now have 6.2k energy shield and also made some changes in your tree
Thank you for this guide, mapping feels super smooth.

I have a couple questions:

1- why we don't run a curse (like in one ring)?

2- If I get three level-4 Enlighten, do I still need reduced mana reserved helmet?
"
Pheu wrote:
Thank you for this guide, mapping feels super smooth.

I have a couple questions:

1- why we don't run a curse (like in one ring)?

2- If I get three level-4 Enlighten, do I still need reduced mana reserved helmet?

Hi mate, glad you enjoy it :)

We can definitely run a curse, some choose to do it defensively (in the CWDT setup) and others run conductivity in a ring (I usually do that).

You could also potentially run a Trigger Socket on your weapon and run hextouch, conductivity, wave of conviction. This is a combo i'm gonna try out myself once I find a suitable weapon this league:) (my current weap is awesome, but sadly corrupt)

If you get lvl 4 enlightens, you shouldn't need the mana reduce in the helmet (assuming you got a shaper 15% reduce shield, or are using the unique shield in which case you won't need enlightens)

I recommend the rare shield with 15% though, when you can afford or self-craft (harvest helps a lot). Rare shield with ES-on-block makes you extremely tanky and you can guarantee it from harvest (es-on-block is the only defense suffix on the shield, hence aug defense with prefixes filled and you get ES-onblock).

p.s. getting trap throwing speed on gloves is really a nice quality of life and makes mapping feel speedier. :)

Hope it helps

Last edited by oestergreen on Jan 28, 2021, 10:17:09 PM
So I need either reduced mana reserved helment OR shield + lvl 4 enlightens.

Which one of the two is easier/cheaper to get/craft in your opinion?

I already have high ilvl helmet with 300+ ES + enchant, i dont wanna scour it xD Im not an experienced player and crafting scares me, I always feel I don't have enough knowledge/currency to go for it.

So I'm thinking about shield, while Prism Guardian is definitely good, I want more ES, and would love ES on block too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info