[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Watch out for Expedition modifier - Monsters Kill things with 20% or lower Life on Hit! That thing is rippy
Hi all
Would someone be able to share the mystery of block chance?
I've followed balanced tree and am currently at 25% attack and 26% spell block chance.
Evidently I am missing something but I just can't work out what it is.

Any help would be much appreciated
"
Game_Over wrote:
Hi all
Would someone be able to share the mystery of block chance?
I've followed balanced tree and am currently at 25% attack and 26% spell block chance.
Evidently I am missing something but I just can't work out what it is.

Any help would be much appreciated

Not sure how much block you want if you're following the balanced tree. The shield on POB has the benchcraft 5% chance to block increase, and the Rumi on POB has the max roll of 12% block when it's active.
Thanks for the reply!
Well POB shows block chance 48% and spell block chance 60% on a balanced tree.
I've assigned the same block nodes and the only difference I can see in gear in terms block chance is the benchcraft you mentioned which wouldn't account for that much difference surely.
"
Game_Over wrote:
Thanks for the reply!
Well POB shows block chance 48% and spell block chance 60% on a balanced tree.
I've assigned the same block nodes and the only difference I can see in gear in terms block chance is the benchcraft you mentioned which wouldn't account for that much difference surely.

If you sum it up

Shield block chance 25% + 5% benchcraft

add 12% effect of Rumi will net you 42%.

you also add +1% chance to block attack damage per 5% chance to block on shield from passive tree. 30% total chance to block on shield because 25% base + 5% bench would add 6% chance to block attack damage.

add 42% above + 6% from tree. voila.
Last edited by evilsonofgod on Jul 5, 2022, 5:24:14 PM
I've just got instantly killed 4 times by the same groups of eater of worlds monsters in eater of worlds influenced map. I did not press any of the altars yet, so there should be no extra deadly effects.

Map mods are:
Monsters reflect 19% of elemental damage
Monsters deal 114% of phys damage as lightning
unique boss has 38% increased life
players has 50% reduced flask charges gained
22% incereased pack size

My stats with flasks are:
7.1k ES, 70% spell block, 55% attack block, 18k armor.

WTF?
Last edited by lehlehich on Jul 6, 2022, 2:33:22 AM
"
lehlehich wrote:
I've just got instantly killed 4 times by the same groups of eater of worlds monsters in eater of worlds influenced map. I did not press any of the altars yet, so there should be no extra deadly effects.

Map mods are:
22% incereased pack size

WTF?

-Monsters reflect 19% of elemental damage.
Turn off Tempest Shield and don't Flame dash in mobs packs when ele reflects presents. Same for Atziri fight.
Last edited by ScottEvill on Jul 6, 2022, 3:46:26 AM
"
ScottEvill wrote:
"
lehlehich wrote:

Map mods are:
22% incereased pack size

WTF?

Turn off Tempest Shield and don't Flame dash in mobs packs when ele reflects presents. Same for Atziri fight.

Thanks.
Also i'm very frustrated on many situations when bosses just ignore block chance! (that map did not had -#% to block chance!) Just did Strand map where i've encountered skeleton boss which runs very fast, hits for 6k ES and doesent give a sheet about my block chance, then leaves burning ground on each strike. He closes range hits for 6k, i teleport, he then again runs super fast and hits again... 5 times in a row and i'm dead. i coud'nt throw any damaging trap to kill him...!
Last edited by lehlehich on Jul 6, 2022, 10:45:04 AM
"
lehlehich wrote:
"
ScottEvill wrote:
"
lehlehich wrote:

Map mods are:
22% incereased pack size

WTF?

Thanks.
Also i'm very frustrated on many situations when bosses just ignore block chance! (that map did not had -#% to block chance!) Just did Strand map where i've encountered skeleton boss which runs very fast, hits for 6k ES and doesent give a sheet about my block chance, then leaves burning ground on each strike. He closes range hits for 6k, i teleport, he then again runs super fast and hits again... 5 times in a row and i'm dead. i coud'nt throw any damaging trap to kill him...!

In time, you'll learn how to properly position and run away while throwing traps for a rare or unique monster with a lot of modifiers. You also have to watch out for unique monsters that has been possessed by tormented spirit.

TIP: make use of your BEAR TRAP, trust me, they help slow bosses and rares as long as there's no modifier that prevents them from being slowed.

You should change your boots now when you have the currency, and also quality 20% your chayula, it will give a significant ES boost. You also might want to throw in a leo slam on your shield since it has space for mods. Syndicate is EZ to run and you can get Leo on research and have 1 bench for a slam for a safehouse.
"
evilsonofgod wrote:

In time, you'll learn how to properly position and run away while throwing traps for a rare or unique monster with a lot of modifiers. You also have to watch out for unique monsters that has been possessed by tormented spirit.

TIP: make use of your BEAR TRAP, trust me, they help slow bosses and rares as long as there's no modifier that prevents them from being slowed.

You should change your boots now when you have the currency, and also quality 20% your chayula, it will give a significant ES boost. You also might want to throw in a leo slam on your shield since it has space for mods. Syndicate is EZ to run and you can get Leo on research and have 1 bench for a slam for a safehouse.

Thanks for a tip. I'm planning to change my boots after i get Harvest craft to change Lightning to Cold. This will fix my resistances when i equip this:

But i need to get 30 dexterity somewhere...
Last edited by lehlehich on Jul 7, 2022, 12:43:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info