[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
Elloktrik wrote:
Hello, Im thinking to play that build but Im totally new in POE and it looks great for new players so thank you. Are you gonna update the guide even further? Like crafting rings, jewels, amulets, tricks, tips if they exist? :)

This is not a good newbie build (as much as OP would like it to be)

- Guide does not hold your hand and explain every step as first char in league what to do during leveling stage.
- ES transition required, not a newbie task, if you do it wrong all your currency u burned into build and your appetite for game can be ruined.
- blood magic setups, enlighten setups .. not straightforward newbie stuff.

Overall - not to cry about it, but there are other builds which Id suggest to me if I was beginner / newbie.
"
judikator wrote:
Gosh, I am dying too often, even with shavs, 10% dodge pantheon, es on all the gear, zealoth + discipline.
lvl 87, 5680 ES only. Any further gear upgrades cost way to much, like rings 2-3ex each, etc, and no more es nodes on the tree to take..
Last time I had that much deaths with the hero when I was playing melee dual striker several seasons ago...
Like wtf, I am dying in t8 incursions, on t10 maps to some random range burst, delves, anywere. I have to run so carefully like a scared rabbit, throwing traps everywhere with no reason.

just some whine post..

5680 ES is not even closes to enough.

the problem with most (all?) ES, and right side of the tree builds in general, is that you really don't have very good defense, i.e. damage mitigation. That combined with GGGs complete over-reliance on 1-shot mechanics means you'll die a lot.

your "defense" is a life/ES pool. Then there is the added problem of ES recharge, so if you keep taking damage from DoT, you'll never start recharging and die.

do whatever you can to boost that ES. also, do you have vaal discipline ? that will absolutely save you.

Good luck. I have a played trapper many times, and i've played low-life too. low-life is not easy, and not tanky.

the idea that this is a starter build (a straight life trapper is much , much easier), or viable for HC/SSf, is not very realistic. The author must have really, really, good reflexes...lol.

Hey do u know if the mod from Gloves " (7–10)% chance to Unnerve Enemies for 4 seconds on Hit" would work with Traps? :)
"
judikator wrote:
Gosh, I am dying too often, even with shavs, 10% dodge pantheon, es on all the gear, zealoth + discipline.
lvl 87, 5680 ES only. Any further gear upgrades cost way to much, like rings 2-3ex each, etc, and no more es nodes on the tree to take..
Last time I had that much deaths with the hero when I was playing melee dual striker several seasons ago...
Like wtf, I am dying in t8 incursions, on t10 maps to some random range burst, delves, anywere. I have to run so carefully like a scared rabbit, throwing traps everywhere with no reason.

just some whine post..

M8, i'll try not to sound harsh but ... your rings are complete trash with almost no ES. Your jewel(just one btw?) has no ES you can get one for 1c with 8% es and a damage stat on it, your neck has no ES ... you're lvl 87 with 5.6k ES in a league with strong metamorphs and buffed bosses/health pools of mobs etc etc lol, you cannot expect to roll around in that gear.

No it's not expensive to upgrade... There are constantly rings put up at 1-4chaos each, which have 40+ raw ES and 10% es ... incursion jewelry drop like flies from metamorphs this league, so they are cheap as hell. A 1-4c amulet with ES+multiplier dmg until you can get the Chayula necklace.

Lastly, i'd go with immortal call if i was you, in place of steel-skin, or possibly even use both if you feel so squishy/die to stuff (2 seperate CWDT setups, until you get better gear and need all the sockets for end-game gem setup)

"
plasticeyes wrote:
the idea that this is a starter build (a straight life trapper is much , much easier), or viable for HC/SSf, is not very realistic. The author must have really, really, good reflexes...lol.

Done all content with it in HC as a starter.
My guide literally says to follow a life-build like Demi's for starting out, if you are NOT sure how to transition "safely" from life to ES. Aka placing points in life-nodes and un-doing them with your freely gained regrets from act 1-10. My guide literally lists as a "con" that some new players might not feel at ease transitioning/playing an ES-low-life build.
Just because you transition to ES, doesn't mean you'd not start your build as league starter or that it isn't a good starter lol. Life trapper is amazingly strong (and extremely cheap) as a starter (tinkerskins at 1c every league anyone?). I've started this build every league since 3.5.

The more experienced you are, the lesser you need to invest early into life nodes and the more easily you can transition. That's just a matter of experience with the game, you can't really teach that to someone, they simply have to try it and that's what my guide is there for.

Last edited by oestergreen on Dec 25, 2019, 3:29:33 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:

"
plasticeyes wrote:

Done all content with it in HC as a starter.
My guide literally says to follow a life-build like Demi's for starting out, if you are NOT sure how to transition "safely" from life to ES. Aka placing points in life-nodes and un-doing them with your freely gained regrets from act 1-10. My guide literally lists as a "con" that some new players might not feel at ease transitioning/playing an ES-low-life build.
Just because you transition to ES, doesn't mean you'd not start your build as league starter or that it isn't a good starter lol. Life trapper is amazingly strong (and extremely cheap) as a starter (tinkerskins at 1c every league anyone?). I've started this build every league since 3.5.

The more experienced you are, the lesser you need to invest early into life nodes and the more easily you can transition. That's just a matter of experience with the game, you can't really teach that to someone, they simply have to try it and that's what my guide is there for.

i missed that you had called out Demi's guide. That's all a new player needs to know to start. as you said a life based trapper can get you a long way without issue. tinkerskin is really good.

BTW, no disrespect. I think this is a neat build, that's why i'm trying it !

however, low life builds, _generally_ are not easy to get tuned. you are exactly right, that transition can be tough until you've done it before. and I think it's hard to explain, it's very much an experience thing.

thanks for writing the guide.

edit: oh. also, i was confusing "starting" build with a build for starting players. i don't know why... as a start of league build, perfectly fine since you can just go life until you put the low life gear together. low life is definitely going to be harder for _new_ players.

Last edited by plasticeyes on Dec 25, 2019, 4:58:19 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:

M8, i'll try not to sound harsh but ... your rings are complete trash with almost no ES. Your jewel(just one btw?) has no ES you can get one for 1c with 8% es and a damage stat on it, your neck has no ES ... you're lvl 87 with 5.6k ES in a league with strong metamorphs and buffed bosses/health pools of mobs etc etc lol, you cannot expect to roll around in that gear.

No it's not expensive to upgrade... There are constantly rings put up at 1-4chaos each, which have 40+ raw ES and 10% es ... incursion jewelry drop like flies from metamorphs this league, so they are cheap as hell. A 1-4c amulet with ES+multiplier dmg until you can get the Chayula necklace.

Lastly, i'd go with immortal call if i was you, in place of steel-skin, or possibly even use both if you feel so squishy/die to stuff (2 seperate CWDT setups, until you get better gear and need all the sockets for end-game gem setup)

well, ty for tips, will try to add Immortal call setup to prevent burst-death. Bosses or metamorphs are not the cause of deaths, it is usually big packs of ranged mobs or sudden vulnerability curse and 1 hit from somewhere, or some bad auras combos on mobs, or multiple bosses encounters, etc.. :)

Here ring prices with 40es + 10%shield and at least 2x resistances 30+ Like you have. I really can get resistances only on jewellery so can't drop it from there.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/zbRXbqRc4
As you can see average is 1.5ex to 4ex
Talking about 150+ es gloves with resistances and 250ES shield with +1 lightning gems, those are even more expensive.
So to get more ES (at least 8k) and keep max resistances I need like 6-10ex investments from what I currently have :(
PoE nowadays looks more and more like a fork server with tons of custom weird experimental stuff rather than original game with carefully thought out balance brough live to players.
Last edited by judikator on Dec 25, 2019, 4:08:53 PM
"
judikator wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:

well, ty for tips, will try to add Immortal call setup to prevent burst-death. Bosses or metamorphs are not the cause of deaths, it is usually big packs of ranged mobs or sudden vulnerability curse and 1 hit from somewhere, or some bad auras combos on mobs, or multiple bosses encounters, etc.. :)

Here ring prices with 40es + 10%shield and at least 2x resistances 30+ Like you have. I really can get resistances only on jewellery so can't drop it from there.
Talking about 150+ es gloves with resistances and 250ES shield with +1 lightning gems, those are even more expensive.
So to get more ES (at least 8k) and keep max resistances I need like 6-10ex investments from what I currently have :(

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/BgLkMjaS8/live

Prices 1-5 chaos, popping up every few minutes.
My rings have been replaced many times, don't try to copy mine exactly lol, start by replacing your own with ANY ring that has 40+ ES and 8-10% es.

You are trying to skip steps and jump directly to end-items while you are wearing stuff that has literal no ES and still wonder why you feel squishy m8.

Buy upgrades firstly, then upgrade them with higher tier upgrades and so on.
You can't step into tier 10+ maps having 5.6k ES and expect to not die sometimes then from burst.

Also check survival tips part of the guide, pick Lunaris and upgrade it for 10% avoidance vs projectiles, you can do that on a T1 pier map, very quickly.
As said in the guide, imo it seems there are many deadly projectile mobs in this league, especially doing hunter influenced maps, so that pantheon upgrade helps a lot.
Can someone help me upgrade better weapon for 1-4ex pls? my weapon atm.
"

Mate just spend a little time to search for optimal gear/price it is not too hard.

Here look my rings were like 3c each and helmet/gloves/boots 5c tops... i'm running almost 7.4k ES a bit squishy on rippy t15/16 but overall fine (16 watchstones)

Spoiler
Last edited by AlextazY on Dec 26, 2019, 1:55:52 AM
Just reached early maps and got currency to transition to LL, as much as I dislike Lightning Trap the damage is just too good, I'm very happy with how the build is developing!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info