[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

Overall can you help me understand the long term difference between this awesome looking build and a ice trapper (Tripolar bears?)

I only have time to work on one and want to do be able to invest in it and grow it out to play all content.
"
Overall can you help me understand the long term difference between this awesome looking build and a ice trapper (Tripolar bears?)

Long-term, this build is just better. While a classic Ice-Trapper has roughly the same damage this one is far more tanky thanks to the swap to low-life and being able to reach 9-10k Energy-shield while also be able to block at 74/74 blockchance. Also, this build has more AoE due to the way the projectiles work, you can off-screen a lot of things and have screen-wide coverage.

Downsides though:
- this build is more complicated to balance out and to get going. You have to have enough spell block to buff mana regen to be able to substain without mana flask, you furthermore need to balance trap throwing speed vs. mana regeneration, you need to have at least enlighten 3 and a high-level arrogance to use the 5-aura-setup, etc.
- this build is also way more expensive. Due to the way a classic ice-trapper scales the damage it reaches higher damage way faster/cheaper and feels superior until you´ve invested a considerable amount in this build.

My current version capped out at roughly 330ex when I was done with the season, at that time that was round about 2 Mirrors. An Ice-Trapper need a fraction of that to reach the same level of damage. My personal advice: Start with something else (maybe a different miner or even ice-trap) and swap to this build once you´ve acquired decent levels of gear and currency. But that´s just my personal opinion, in fact Ostergreen showed that you can still play this build from the get-go with very low investment and clearing endgame on a 5-link, don´t expect it to be a crazy-fast leaguestarter.
thank you kindly that was a great and informative reply!
I got some survival issues and strange one shots. I cant figure out the cause.

These happen with the searing bond type mobs in ultimatums (those hurt like hell) and sometimes with 90+ quant maps especially with burrower/abyss mobs which sneak attack from ground.

This is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/q7ePxJXs

Please tell me how to boost defenses and boss damage.
Last edited by Kurohade on Jun 23, 2021, 9:18:12 AM
Anyone happen to be selling a near perfect belt with the veiled trap throwing speed?
Your POB shows 5109 ES. I feel comfortable with 8k+ so you should try to get more ES. Le Heup of All ring should be replaced with an ES ring. Also your jewels should have ES and you can get some more ES nodes on the tree. Maybe sacrifice some crit nodes for now.
Rest looks okay to me.
Hey, guys, I've been exploring some build alternatives for next league and I have a doubt. Do you think a cold conversion version of this build is viable? If yes, how would you do it?
Last edited by joaohanson on Jul 12, 2021, 2:13:37 PM
So, since I've dropped the league, wasn't able to test it, but have played a little with PoB and you get a huge damage boost but having to sacrifice the block (wouldn't be able to get any of those juicy block mods that you get on shields since you need prism guardian anyways), but still getting a new layer of defense that would be the chill/freeze.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/KBHYtfYV

Wanna know your thoughts, if you guys think it is worth it, ways to improve it, all the good stuff.
Last edited by joaohanson on Jul 12, 2021, 2:13:59 PM
"
So, since I've dropped the league, wasn't able to test it, but have played a little with PoB and you get a huge damage boost but having to sacrifice the block (wouldn't be able to get any of those juicy block mods that you get on shields since you need prism guardian anyways), but still getting a new layer of defense that would be the chill/freeze.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/KBHYtfYV

Wanna know your thoughts, if you guys think it is worth it, ways to improve it, all the good stuff.

Had a look at the PoB and I for one don´t like it. The damage-increase is indeed huge, but its not like you create it out of the ether, you basically sacrifice every defensive layer of the build, starting from the block and the possibility to take more ES to even the flasks, with running Atziris + Cinderswallow and you even drop a quicksilver for PoB-Warrioring.

Yes, cold-skills do bring an additional layer of defense, but I highly doubt it works for this build - we are not an instant-cast like ice nova or Iceshot, rather we have to wait for the traps to trigger and the projectiles to fly outwards before any freeze or chill would be able to occur. Now you´re running on 7k ES without Block, mitigation, Regeneration or Avoidance - I don´t see this working in mapping at all. The difference to something like glacial cascade mines is that you can trigger the mines when YOU want to, while for traps you have to wait for enemies to engage. To play so defensively will slow down the build tremendously, leading to less effective mapping experience.

The only situation where I would consider this build is once you´ve acquired enough gear for a second, mapping-dedicated character - then you can take this one and use it for bossing only. The huge damage increase helps burst them even faster and the ailment now actually helps and can be used to its full potential. In that scenario, I would also drop chain reaction and use explosives expert to push the damage further, we are not in need of a chain-explosion anymore with just one target.

What I also dislike is that you can only convert 80% of the damage. Nothing that changes anyhting inherently, I am just a man of symmetry :D

Overall: No Go for an all-purpose char, yes to dedicated bossing.
Last edited by Vennto on Jul 14, 2021, 3:53:05 AM
And? How is new league? Changes/nerfs and Royale?:>
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info