[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Hey ! Nice build! quick question, how can i have monsters cursed easily without CWDT ? thanks !
"
Jitunu wrote:
I'm not getting the point of using Enlighten as C/I when I could be running an Empower. Is it just a QoL in case I'm having mana issues? I don't forsee a fourth aura coming into play as C/I

What three auras are you running? In the PoB, I assume it's for QoL since there's no blasphemy curse, and disabling the Enlighten leaves 12% / 250 mana unreserved.

As others have said, Vortex is insanely flexible. For alternative endgame CI builds, you can't get away with Discipline + Blasphemy Curse + Malevolence without some mana reservation shenanigans. I see two endgame Malediction/Frigid Wake CI builds based on separate helms.

Both run max block via Kiloava Lethal Pride with a 5% ES recovery on block shield. If you have a spell block roll somewhere and a Discipline Spell Block Watcher's Eye, you don't need Rumi's either. (I'm sure there are many variations.)

A great rare, or:

versus

With the Heretic's Veil setup, you can fit Blasphemy Temp Chains + Discipline + Malevolence + Enlighten in your helm.

With Rime Gaze, running CI with Malevolence, Awakened Blasphemy Temp Chains, and Discipline puts me at 93% reserved / 155 mana unreserved with an Enlighten 4, one 4% node, and -% reservation on Malevolence amulet roll. Prior to getting the amulet I picked up Sovereignty and associated nodes. Not sure which of those you'd drop. (You can work around an Enlighten 3 with nodes, too.)

You can get insanely high ES, enough damage for chill mapping / slower bosses or above T16 metamorphs (~1m Shaper DPS), and fast recharge with a recharge delay of one second. fm_Puddle on ninja is an example of this, and were I playing HC it's definitely what I'd run.

Or you can sacrifice a few thousand ES from that (or just have mirror-tier gear, I guess) to pump gem levels/CDoT as high as possible, hence Rime Gaze. This'll put you competing with LL builds for damage (I'm at 3.5m Shaper), but with chaos immunity. Still with max block / recharge on block / 1s recharge, but my rate is 4100 on a 12k pool vs fm_Puddle's 7400 rate on a 16k ES pool. I get 600 back on block; he gets 800.

I think LL builds with a lot of currency cap out higher damage-wise, but a solid corruption on any chest with respectable ES is infinitely easier to get than a solid corruption on Shav's (You can pick up a cheap one and 6l it for 10-15ex, vs the 100+ ex for a good Shav's corrupt), and they're playing two gem levels (from the amulet) behind CI unless they drop Chayula's.

Oh, and last note regarding stun immunity: if you're running Soul of the Brine King with max block, it feels like stun immunity. Occasionally Vaal Cold Snap gets cancelled which is mildly annoying for mapping, but the stun duration is .35s (25% chance) and block duration is .19s (75% chance) from the tree alone, occurring at most once every two seconds. I only notice when Vaal Cold Snap gets cancelled as I cast it.
"
swaggerino123 wrote:
@Zero Cloud, why not use a second offensive curse instead of zealotry if you want damage? Frostbite and Elemental Weakness do stack.
Alternatively you should consider using Witchfire brew for the second curse, its at least 20% more damage if you dont have another second curse

My guess is because Zealotry is more damage than Elemental Weakness on bosses. His build is also focused on ES regen which Zealotry helps enable. Witchfire is an option, but flask spots are already pretty limited, so you'd have to give up an immunity to use it.

I've personally found Elemental Weakness + Frostbite to be super squishy. I went from not dying for a few days to multiple deaths within an hour after I switched.

Can i switch to the LL build directly from the Life build, whitout going through CI ?
Hello, the 6L chest that i have (The Beast) have 5B and 1G, so i drop swift.
What do you sugest for the 5 blue solt?

Increased area of effect (change do area dmg for big boss)
or
Energy Leech Support
or
item rarity support
or
[insert your opinion]

Many thanks fellow exile!

PS: i'm lvl 85 CI ruuning temporal chains + enfeeble + blasphemy
"
C4nti wrote:
Hello, the 6L chest that i have (The Beast) have 5B and 1G, so i drop swift.
What do you sugest for the 5 blue solt?

Recolor your chest to 4b/2g
Last edited by Voeid on Jan 27, 2020, 3:48:00 PM
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
"
swaggerino123 wrote:
@Zero Cloud, why not use a second offensive curse instead of zealotry if you want damage? Frostbite and Elemental Weakness do stack.
Alternatively you should consider using Witchfire brew for the second curse, its at least 20% more damage if you dont have another second curse

My guess is because Zealotry is more damage than Elemental Weakness on bosses. His build is also focused on ES regen which Zealotry helps enable. Witchfire is an option, but flask spots are already pretty limited, so you'd have to give up an immunity to use it.

I've personally found Elemental Weakness + Frostbite to be super squishy. I went from not dying for a few days to multiple deaths within an hour after I switched.

Blood sail nailed it. Elmental Weakness is less damage than Zealotry. It is actually a whopping 750k less DoT DPS. Plus of course there is the added benefit of the defensive regen.

Witchfire is actually a great suggestion that I forgot about because I didn't want to give up any of my immunities originally. When I got the unaffected by bleed watcher's (because I don't have 40-100ex to get the awesome ones), I simply forgot to revisit my flasks. I'll be adding it in as long as I have bleed immunity from a jewel equipped.
"
morld wrote:
Oh, and last note regarding stun immunity: if you're running Soul of the Brine King with max block, it feels like stun immunity. Occasionally Vaal Cold Snap gets cancelled which is mildly annoying for mapping, but the stun duration is .35s (25% chance) and block duration is .19s (75% chance) from the tree alone, occurring at most once every two seconds. I only notice when Vaal Cold Snap gets cancelled as I cast it.

Actually the chance to get stunned is based on the damage of incoming hit and character's max HP (even for CI, it takes max HP value you'd have with CI unallocated), blocking doesn't prevent you from getting stunned so it's certainly not a static 25% chance to get stunned. You do get an additional roll from always having ES (50% chance to avoid a stun).

Brine King helps a lot, preventing deadly stunlocks and some people consider this adequate. To me it just feels beyond shit to play even though the dps gain from +1/+1 amulet coupled with Malediction is certainly appealing.
Last edited by Voeid on Jan 27, 2020, 7:08:37 PM
So this was my old wand

I just shelled out 6.8 ex for this wand which had the multimod on it already so I added the cold dot and trigger. Cold dot rolled 18 if it hasnt updated yet.

But it still has a suffix open. I can slam it, and there's a small chance it gets something useful but virtually no chance it gets something bad I think.

Is it possible to use one of the new exalted orbs though to get something better? I have an awakeners but will that re roll the whole item?

Redeemer looks like the best
Last edited by Goldenhawk07 on Jan 27, 2020, 8:24:05 PM
"
Goldenhawk07 wrote:
I just shelled out 6.8 ex for this wand which had the multimod on it already so I added the cold dot and trigger. Cold dot rolled 18 if it hasnt updated yet.

But it still has a suffix open. I can slam it, and there's a small chance it gets something useful but virtually no chance it gets something bad I think.

Is it possible to use one of the new exalted orbs though to get something better? I have an awakeners but will that re roll the whole item?

Redeemer looks like the best

Awakener rerolls, do not do it.
Redeemer is easily the best choice, a lot of good possibilities.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info