[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
hadc wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:
@hadc

I noticed in your POB that your Shav's is socketed curse gems & reduced chaos damage taken. I'm assuming you're using it for the reduced chaos damage?...

No, I just grabbed the cheapest 6L Shav on the market. That was day 3 or 4 of the league, beggar can’t be chooser LOL
LOL OK I shall go path of beggar as well :)

Edit:

10EX for the fractured wand
Spammed lots of essences can't hit +1 spell at all

Bought some shuddering fossils and used:
Corroded + Jagged + Metallic + Shuddering
Hit +1 Spell on 2nd try

Multicraft or craft Cold DoT multiplier and then Aspect of Spider, then YOLO exalted orb?
Last edited by eosguy on Feb 20, 2022, 10:00:54 AM
"
eosguy wrote:
"
hadc wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:
@hadc

I noticed in your POB that your Shav's is socketed curse gems & reduced chaos damage taken. I'm assuming you're using it for the reduced chaos damage?...

No, I just grabbed the cheapest 6L Shav on the market. That was day 3 or 4 of the league, beggar can’t be chooser LOL
LOL OK I shall go path of beggar as well :)

Edit:

10EX for the fractured wand
Spammed lots of essences can't hit +1 spell at all

Bought some shuddering fossils and used:
Corroded + Jagged + Metallic + Shuddering
Hit +1 Spell on 2nd try

Multicraft or craft Cold DoT multiplier and then Aspect of Spider, then YOLO exalted orb?

If you can get spider somewhere else then do multimod with cold dot multi and another DPS mod

I tried the 4-fossils craft more than 20 times last league but didn’t hit any +1 spell at all, maybe I’m unlucky 😅
Hi everyone and thanks Shak for the great guide. I went for this build this league for the first time and love it. I play trade but did the CI version (for now at least).

I just have one interrogation, how do you manage to fit the aspect of the spider reservation cost ? I just crafted it but can't understand how to activate it.

Do I need to cut a defensive aura like grace (and also ghost shroud), or do I need an other way to reduce the reservation cost ?
What am I missing ?
"
hadc wrote:
Finally done, 88% all ele res + Aegis Aurora tank video showcase and POB (in description). I'm doing triple Cold DOT (CF, Vortex & CS) but you can adapt it to WTB quite easily. Cheers everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maUHyPeqLqk

I tried squeezing this into my basic Shak WTB version but really didn't feel the tankiness I expected. I had 86% all res cap and had the resists at that level, and chaos at about +25%, but still seemed to die. Felt like more than without!

I don't yet have many of the block nodes or Glancing Blows though. Is that the reason, like do they work in unison? Or is the difference between 86% and 88% that stark?
Last edited by kingkano on Feb 21, 2022, 8:44:39 AM
"
khromm wrote:
Hi everyone and thanks Shak for the great guide. I went for this build this league for the first time and love it. I play trade but did the CI version (for now at least).

I just have one interrogation, how do you manage to fit the aspect of the spider reservation cost ? I just crafted it but can't understand how to activate it.

Do I need to cut a defensive aura like grace (and also ghost shroud), or do I need an other way to reduce the reservation cost ?
What am I missing ?

There is only so many auras you can reserve as CI, you can try lowering clarity/vitality levels, fit an enlighten, and grab more aura reservation nodes on the tree/cluster. More realistically though you should just grab a shav's and go low life with more auras. If aegis is too expensive you can use a prism guardian first, it's less tanky but more damage since it gives aura levels and an extra aura without needing arrogance.
First off, this build is everything I hoped it would be. Cruised through the campaign, white maps, yellow maps, kept expecting to stall at some point and need to devote some time to crafting end game gear but it never happened. Just did some basic essence/harvest/bench crafting and I'm bossing with no problems.

Curious about the shield slot, though. I notice you're running archon shields in all versions (thinking about the CI version here). Is the armor really that valuable? Seems like a titanium spirit shield would work well especially with the extra ES from shield nodes, and it would allow you to pick up another potential 90%+ spell damage.

Haven't crafted my end game shield yet, so curious to know which base would be best to start with.
I think it depends on how much armor you can get from other sources. Due to the Divine Shield passive, we need our armor to match or exceed our ES.

I'm running Aegis Aurora and have similarly not much problems in T16 maps and with bosses. The only dangerous mod is Ele Reflect - and the only bothersome mod is No Mana Regen.
"
kingkano wrote:
"
hadc wrote:
Finally done, 88% all ele res + Aegis Aurora tank video showcase and POB (in description). I'm doing triple Cold DOT (CF, Vortex & CS) but you can adapt it to WTB quite easily. Cheers everyone!

I tried squeezing this into my basic Shak WTB version but really didn't feel the tankiness I expected. I had 86% all res cap and had the resists at that level, and chaos at about +25%, but still seemed to die. Felt like more than without!

I don't yet have many of the block nodes or Glancing Blows though. Is that the reason, like do they work in unison? Or is the difference between 86% and 88% that stark?

There's a video by POE Builds on YouTube for Wintertide. Seems tanky without too many auras.

@hadc
Any tips for crafting the medium cluster jewel? I spammed fossils and harvest craft and still can't get those two together.
"
kingkano wrote:
"
hadc wrote:

With aegis Aurora you will want max block and high armor. I’ll prioritise getting max block because you’re already very tanky with that. 88% max res is icing on the cake by massively reducing the elemental dmg you take.

Now I almost will never die in maps (avoid ele reflect and no regen) even with crazy map mod unless it’s those altar’s that reduce ele res significantly or reduce block or less regen etc. Still, watch out for heavy DOT dmg especially chaos (especially if your chaos res is not high), those still hurts.
Last edited by hadc on Feb 21, 2022, 5:16:57 PM
"
eosguy wrote:
"
kingkano wrote:
"
hadc wrote:

There's a video by POE Builds on YouTube for Wintertide. Seems tanky without too many auras.

@hadc
Any tips for crafting the medium cluster jewel? I spammed fossils and harvest craft and still can't get those two together.

I bought them. It’s not too expensive, not worth crafting for ourselves. As you found out, it’s not easy to get them both together.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info