[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
"
Furiouscalf wrote:
Curious to hear what your guys’ atlas passives are. Legion feels pretty bad, breach too but maybe I’m just not used to the breach closing so fast. Feels rough though being limited on breach/legion splinters, so getting some ideas of what others are running would be really helpful!

Yeah, legion, blight, breach are basically a no. I'm doing delve, it's pretty good there and delve is finally worth farming. Pretty much just farm Valdo maps with the Niko passives - I took the passive that increases speed and damage too, as I like to do scourge there and it helps greatly. Doing some heist and t10 scourged maps when I get tired with delving.

Agree with delve’s profit this league. I’d frequently make at least 1-2EX worth every 50K sulphite. I used to only use delve for levelling but now it generates decent profit too. It’s even easier to delve now because of the armor changes.

Who else is doing endless delve? I had to stop at lvl 29 (daddy duty) but so far it feels good with creeping frost, CS and vortex 🙂
My second character in this game. This is unplayable build for me. Got oneshotted every time on tier 2-5 maps by pack of white mobs archers. Essence drain was much better build but now it is dead with changes this league, I cleared t16 and facetanked everything with 3-link body armor and 1 ex weapon while didn't even know what is jewels and other advanced mechanics. Killed Atziri and even Elder or Shaper dont remember who it was.
Now invested more than ex and just dont understand how to survive on white tier maps.
Last edited by EssDr on Dec 5, 2021, 9:07:05 AM
"
EssDr wrote:
My second character in this game. This is unplayable build for me. Got oneshotted every time on tier 2-5 maps by pack of white mobs archers. Essence drain was much better build but now it is dead with changes this league, I cleared t16 and facetanked everything with 3-link body armor and 1 ex weapon while didn't even know what is jewels and other advanced mechanics. Killed Atziri and even Elder or Shaper dont remember who it was.
Now invested more than ex and just dont understand how to survive on white tier maps.

This is the type of post I expected from someone with hidden characters. Need to unlock your account so folk can help.
Last edited by Goatdemon on Dec 5, 2021, 4:27:09 PM
"
EssDr wrote:

Hi, sorry you had a bad experience. Do share your character screen so others can help, most of us are more than willing to do so.

Survivability is actually quite good now due to armor changes, I’m doing Endless Delve and already at lvl 89 with about 18-20 hours game time, at monster level 82 so equivalent to T15. This event is SSF so I’m CI now with 6.8k ES, lousy DPS until I have more fossils to craft 😬
Last edited by hadc on Dec 5, 2021, 6:56:00 PM
"
hadc wrote:
"
EssDr wrote:

Hi, sorry you had a bad experience. Do share your character screen so others can help, most of us are more than willing to do so.

Survivability is actually quite good now due to armor changes, I’m doing Endless Delve and already at lvl 89 with about 18-20 hours game time, at monster level 82 so equivalent to T15. This event is SSF so I’m CI now with 6.8k ES, lousy DPS until I have more fossils to craft 😬

It´s probably a troll-post. People that only have their second respective char online ask for help, not judge build-guides based on a bad experience. Especially in PoE chances are very high that unless you are very experienced the mistake is always in the players hands, not the build. And that´s even more true for a well-received build-guide like this one. I personally don´t feel like helping people that flame right away instead of looking for profound and constructive feedback.

Speaking of the latter: I went ahead and played the SSF Delve with this, level 85, not even trying hard on 2 4-links. Delving at Monster-level 77 round about so I could have even gone up to 90 probably. So I dont know what people have to do to get oneshot by map 1-5 stuff.
My problem with endless delve is I never had currency. I sell tons but get bare minimal and each node takes time to go through. still wanting a +1 to cold skills wand but I'm struggling to get it done. Doing Occultist Vortex myself with a different build. My problem is getting life and mana rolls as well as trying to get a +1 to cold gems wand atm. The build I'm playing with decimates everything but also is extremely squishy. Atm I've literally only got 2700 life at 72. Something even nicer is I got a 8 node cluster jewel with 10% to elemental skills I'm trying to figure out how to manage. I was able to get prismatic heart and widespread destruction rolled on it fairly easily. Seemed like a great comination.
Last edited by ChaosCreature7 on Dec 5, 2021, 7:46:38 PM
"
My problem with endless delve is I never had currency. I sell tons but get bare minimal and each node takes time to go through. still wanting a +1 to cold skills wand but I'm struggling to get it done. Doing Occultist Vortex myself with a different build. My problem is getting life and mana rolls as well as trying to get a +1 to cold gems wand atm. The build I'm playing with decimates everything but also is extremely squishy. Atm I've literally only got 2700 life at 72. Something even nicer is I got a 8 node cluster jewel with 10% to elemental skills I'm trying to figure out how to manage. I was able to get prismatic heart and widespread destruction rolled on it fairly easily. Seemed like a great comination.

I’d focus on getting ES gears and roll for reasonable ES then quickly switch to CI (around 4000 ES). I spent 1-2 hours looking for bases at around lvl70 and rolled them with whatever currencies I have. Rolled my chest armor (highest priority) with chaos orbs, boots with 1 shuddering fossil. There is an awesome section in this build guide that talks about getting/rolling ES gears in SSF, check that out.

Another tips is use quartz and quicksilver flask, keep them on at all time and just run past the mobs while dropping vortex. If you time it right you can almost have 100% flask uptime. Good luck!

Oh, and the #1/#2 player in Endless Delve (by depth) now is Vortex Occultist! Check the build out on POE NINJA.
Last edited by hadc on Dec 5, 2021, 8:32:15 PM
I don't understand this guide. It differs from the PoB. Here you use wintertide brand but further down in the gem links section you use storm?? And in the PoB it's Bane? I use storm brand now with frostbite and ele weakness. I think I'm gonna switch to punishment instead of eleweak. Or should I use it together with Bane instead? The bats are my worst enemy in Delve right now, get one shotted. I know Im not res-capped on lightning res yet but I use bismute flask ATM and they still cut me down hard when flasks are up. It feels like I need more spell suppression. I like the build overall! Good damage and pretty good survival. It's mostly the bats as I said that almost one shot me
Last edited by cryxan on Dec 6, 2021, 5:42:57 AM
"
Goatdemon wrote:
"
EssDr wrote:

This is the type of post I expected from someone with hidden characters. Need to unlock your account so folk can help.

Hi, I opened my profile, didnt know it was hidden. Can you help me what should i change in passive tree? I bought Shavronne armor yesterday, rings, belt and shield but still got oneshotted.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
hadc wrote:
"
EssDr wrote:

It´s probably a troll-post. People that only have their second respective char online ask for help, not judge build-guides based on a bad experience. Especially in PoE chances are very high that unless you are very experienced the mistake is always in the players hands, not the build. And that´s even more true for a well-received build-guide like this one. I personally don´t feel like helping people that flame right away instead of looking for profound and constructive feedback.

Speaking of the latter: I went ahead and played the SSF Delve with this, level 85, not even trying hard on 2 4-links. Delving at Monster-level 77 round about so I could have even gone up to 90 probably. So I dont know what people have to do to get oneshot by map 1-5 stuff.

Im not rolling, i opened my profile and you can see my characters. I Played Essence drain build in early 2020 for couple of months, then had a break in PoE and started to play again right after current league started.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info