[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Fizzx_Gaming wrote:
"
murilomuka wrote:
Hey just rerolled my BA Elementalist to Cold Dot and while the survivability is awesome (sitting at ~9100 ES) I'm really struggling with A4 Conquerors, as my single target feels really low.

I know not all of my gems are 20/20, but is there something I could do to improve this further? Currently playing with 1 medium cluster with Brush With Death:

Spoiler

I think the main upgrades should be Cinderswallow and maybe a better wand? I'm quite confused what to upgrade next.

Or single target as CI is definitely low and I should aim to swap to LL (Currently have around 8-10 ex, but could sell some of my current gear)?

I don't think the Cinder is going to increase your dps at all but a new wand would definitely help. Also get a 21 Vortex. I might be missing it but I also don't see a curse in your setup.

The single target dps for me was feeling really bad as CI as well. I am just now finishing the switch to LL but haven't tried it.

I have Frostbite on Hit in my ring. The ring is preeeeeetty shitty but gets the job done with Frostbite so I take it.

But yeah, I feel like I'm going to buy Shav's today and try to manually six-link it because the build is really fun but the zDPS is painful
Hey all, I have enough currency for the LL version, but I don't want to die, i'd rather do less dmg than die a crap ton.....But most end game people I see are going low life....It makes me nervous though. Don't want to get 1 shot by something random(I'm not HC, but it pisses me off to die in 1 hit)
"
Ghoulers wrote:
Has anyone actually tried this build in Hardcore? It seems with some respeccing you could possibly pull it off even with the shield, just curious if someone has started this or not. Tons of fun.

I'm doing it I'm ssfhc right now, and it is very strong. Just dropped a 5l shavs so I'm acquiring gear to switch to ll once I feel I have enough es in pob. This build makes ultimatums quite easy.
"

But yeah, I feel like I'm going to buy Shav's today and try to manually six-link it because the build is really fun but the zDPS is painful

I lucked out and it only took me 325 fusing for my six link.
Do the Commandment glove enchants count as hits? I.e. if I get Commandment of Thunder will it proc EE? On the flip side if I get Commandment of Frost will it proc EE with +cold res?
So I decided to try replacing Hextouch with Blasphemy, for mapping, in my curse setup and then I turn on Temp Chains(or whatever you want); I don't need the extra damage from Frostbite so TC seems to be the way to go.

It seems to be a massive QOL improvement to not have to cast Storm Brand all the time to get Profane Bloom procs. When I do any bosses I can put the Hextouch back in for Frostbite and Temp Chains on the brand.
For anybody wondering about how this vortex guide performs against t14+ trialmaster boss fights. I recently learned that I can just instantly 100 to 0 the fight without having to do phases with this build. ~8.7M dps according to PoB at the moment.
"
For anybody wondering about how this vortex guide performs against t14+ trialmaster boss fights. I recently learned that I can just instantly 100 to 0 the fight without having to do phases with this build. ~8.7M dps according to PoB at the moment.

Hey i'm thinking of rolling this as my second character. How would you rate your clear speed and defence? I'm not very good at this game so i'd like a build that can avoid one shot and still clear alright.
Last edited by masterloups on Apr 22, 2021, 4:13:37 PM
Getting further and further... :D

I have now switched to LL, after loving CI. But i have some questions in this regard.
- I am a bit sceptic to the trigger wand, as 8 seconds seems like way to long. Currently throwing down my Orb of Storms manually - which spreads frostbite for my Profane Bloom to pop. Is there any downside for this?
- While doing above, i have not specced into Elemental Equi. - i am not very knowledgeable of how it works. While manually setting Orb of Storms, will it always increase my Cold damage instead of Lightning?
- Above seems even harder if i get the trigger wand, as it is every 8 second which seems like a lot. Unless i am misunderstanding something om EE.
- Storm Brand vs. Orb of Storms. I can see we switch from Orb of Storms to Storm brand for spreading curses, after we get trigger wand. Is the reason that Orb of Storms is then only used for triggering EE?

I know a lot of these questions basically boils down around the same subject. If anyone could help me shed some light on above id be thankful!

Thanks
"
masterloups wrote:

Hey i'm thinking of rolling this as my second character. How would you rate your clear speed and defence? I'm not very good at this game so i'd like a build that can avoid one shot and still clear alright.

I think Vortex is a nice second char to roll. It scales well if you intend to throw a lot of currency at it.

In my opinion, clear speed is mediocre compared to other builds as you have to walk up or dash into packs or self cast cold snap. It performs about as well as the video this guide provides when clearing maps. There are plenty of ways to improve clear if that's a priority with profane bloom, increased aoe, and cooldown rate.

The defense is fine, there's a nice amount of block and the CI version is immune to chaos dot. Additionally, if you have enough ES one-shots won't happen often even if you're new to the game and are learning encounter mechanics. Rolling flasks and upgrading the appropriate pantheons is s huge boon as well.
Last edited by Bobothebuilder on Apr 22, 2021, 4:36:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info