[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Hi, just wanted to say, this is probably the best starter build i ever play, kudos to you my friend :)
I crafted pretty good belt and gloves witch will probably sell for good currency once i go for another build, but so far, i am loving it, it does not bore me at all, and i am pushing it.
I fixed my str8 dex problems so i don't have to allocate node for that in the tree, tree is little bit different then you have it, if you got any advice how to further improve before i would be happy to see it :)

In case you want to check stuff i made here is link of my pob:

https://pastebin.com/VRF8x50S

I will need to upgrade gems to awakened version, and i think that's pretty much it :)

Also, where could i add ignite for 10% more bonus dmg from Cinderswallow?

Divergent Flame Dash can give a good chance to ignite, but you lose the cooldown recovery quality effect.
"
Bentley813 wrote:
"
kingkano wrote:
"
Bentley813 wrote:
I have a dumb question. I'm following the LL guide. We have Temp chains and Frostbite linked to blasphemy, but I don't see anywhere we have apply additional curse. What am I missing?

You need to take either Whispers of Doom nodes on the tree or Malediction on your ascension tree. I think the full 100 LL tree uses Whispers.

Or you can look at some tricky business with Awakened Hextouch.

Thank you. So if we don't have either of those yet would it be better to throw in Flesh and Stone for the blind or something until then?

lots of people have been using that so I'd say yes. Or maybe vaal clarity if you have mana problems.
Used it for a while, but I went with Divergent purity of elements. Little damage boost plus I've been having hell Res-capping with so many uniques.
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
"
namad wrote:
if you/me aren't planning to take glancing blows, is there any use for thread of hope? thread of hope is so confusing to use that I just can't figure it out myself.

Some of us using it for the top side of the tree to grab some nodes and save on points. Though in this case we're dropping block nodes.

I've already taken 8 block nodes (although each of them also improves ES or spell damage). Can anyone post the tree that uses no glancing blow, but still uses a shield? but also uses thread of hope? Ideally CI version as I'm not advanced enough to play LL yet?

Actually I wonder, even with 0 thread of hope, are the block nodes bad without glancing blows? I figured a little block chance never really hurt anyone?
Last edited by namad on Jan 31, 2021, 5:22:30 PM
Hi guys,

I'm on t13 maps with Low Life spec and around 7k ES but I'm dying sometimes even with capped Res. So my question is: how to improve survability?
"
n0rek84 wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm on t13 maps with Low Life spec and around 7k ES but I'm dying sometimes even with capped Res. So my question is: how to improve survability?

Your biggest upgrade bar none is a Cinderswalllow Urn, the survivability it gives during mapping is absolutely insane, next biggest thing is probably flask uptime, aim for as close to 100% as possible while staying on the move. Also consider getting an ignite removal flask instead of the adrenaline, ignite keeps recharge from happening which is big. Other than that you can try Flesh and Stone over the defensive curse, I found that to be a big upgrade for survivability during mapping but its a matter of taste IMO.

"
Actually I wonder, even with 0 thread of hope, are the block nodes bad without glancing blows? I figured a little block chance never really hurt anyone?

Whenever I play a build that uses a shield and is anywhere close to those nodes I take them, its just the best defensive layer you can pick up IMO.
Last edited by stnikolauswagne on Jan 31, 2021, 6:37:19 PM
Hey, loving the build. Usually I play high-damage stuff so the low damage comparatively is a bit odd for me but nevertheless it has been great. I'm playing SSF currently and I am having trouble finding trigger wand craft, is there anything I can do to utilize EE until then? I'm CI at the moment.
So what is the best mods for our medium cluster jewel and the small one as CI.

And for LL if possible for others who might be wondering. Ty
"
donbrawler wrote:
"

Take Enfeeble instead of Temp Chains. It is much better for your survivalability. I can't understand why Temp Chains even used in this build. Also there is an option for you to take a jewel socket close to EE and put a defensive jewel there.

You don't need enfeeble or temp chains. Use DPS Curses always!!

Things that make LL more Tanky

1. If you can get to 8-8.5k ES without Chayulas get rid of it and get a good rare amulet you already have stun immunity from Vile Bastion.

2. Get rid of block nodes these are only useful for CI with a ES on Block Shield.

3. Use extra points to grab extra Clusters and use Energy with Naught if needed to get ES up to 8k.

4. Grab all Jewel Sockets and get implicit with Increased ES recharge Rate.

5. Switch to Thread of Hope instead of Intuitive Leap it saves points.

5. Use Aura Cluster with notable Self-Control to fit in Vitality and grab Zealot's Oath on the tree.

6. Checkout Roselan's character https://pastebin.com/Tf42L7wc . He has pretty tanky version using aura clusters to stack the aura affect to scale defense auras (Flesh and Stone , Dread Banner for reduced Accuracy on the monsters)

Summary
1. You want high ES as possible 10k is the goal.
2. High ES regen with Vitality and Zealot's
3. Stack as much "Increased ES Recharge Rate" as you can on Jewel implicit using harvest crafts.

don, I've been following some of your comments and they helped me a lot. I just converted from CI to LL, playing on PS4 (economy is messed up and it is hard to find some items, but we keep going).

I'm not the one you responded to but I tried to follow your steps. I have some questions if you or other don't mind answering.

I was just able to get a large cluster jewel and removed the shield nodes. Will add a self-control node to be able to add vitality to the build and I can't leave Chayulas for now.

https://pastebin.com/scM75GZR (LL Jewel Tree)

This is the pastebin. I still use Blasphemy with Frostbite and Temporal Chains, following Shaks guide. But since I'm leaning towards your build, I'd like to fix it.

1. Is using storm brand with hextouch enough to trigger explosions to clear fast? When do you use storm brand? Every pack or just some?

2. I don't have aspect of the spider on gear. Clarity, Vitality and Discipline will fit my mana without self control? How badly should I pursue Aspect of the Spider?

3. Is tempest shield, Orb of Storms and frost orb enough to maintain EE all the time? Or do we still need to cast storm brand?

4. Will try to use enfeeble instead of elemental weakness for survivability. Will I lose anything if it is linked to storm stormbrand instead of blasphemy?

5. Besides putting Tranquility on Chayulas, changing the gems to add Vitality, Clarity and Hextouch+storm brand, what do you believe should be my next changes?

6. On your build, where do you get the second curse?

Thank you so much for your time even if you are not able to answer!
Last edited by Sydtrack- on Jan 31, 2021, 10:16:42 PM
Hey guys. Working with CI version. On red maps at the moment and struggling with high tier ones. What should I upgrade? I have about a 4ex budget. Thank you! Loving the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info