[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Thank you Shak for the build update.
Would you mind explaining where to put each unique jewel for each slot? I'm mainly talking about the 3 Thread of Hopes, Lethal Pride and Energy From Within. The league is still fresh and I'll be surprised that people got all of those yet but it's good to know for the future.

Thank you again.
"
TsunaH wrote:
"
I am having the problem of being very squishy as well.

I completed all acts and am in the process of changing all gear to ES i have only 3.8k ES even t2 maps i die, i tried taking wicked ward but the ES drops were much worse because the regen delay was higher by a LOT.i walk into a pack of mobs, cast vortex and cold snap, i die.. what am i doing wrong? i havent unlocked weapon craft yet..don't have much currency either. should i continue or reroll to VD?

You're using Prism Guardian without having a shav. All the chaos dmg will bypass your shield and will kill you.

Change your shield with an es one and CI first

In T1-T2 maps there is no chaos damage rather barely any. i am dying from normal mobs..
Really hate Maven as a boss and its mechanics! pls give us something cool like Elder/Shaper
"
jcarabelli wrote:
So you know, Unnerve doesn't apply to Damage over Time effects even if it's from spells, according to the PoEWiki.

Well that's a bit disappointing to know. PoB doesn't take that into account. Thanks.

But as damage was already good "with" it, replacing it with something that actually works is of course better :)
i still feel squishy. i'm about 6,5k ES now. maybe its the playstyle? :D i'm used to go all in with cyclone.
how do you play this build? you go in, cast and then go out and wait until everything died? so there is a lot of evasion?

some attacks rip through the es like nothing. today i got oneshotted by a rare enemy. mhhh.

there are parts in maps that go very very smoothly and then there are mobs that kill me, if i dont react really fast.

edit: in the section for high tier maps the says:
"
NOTE: Be absolutely sure that you do not accidentally have ANY instances of "Adds # to # Cold Damage to Spells". This will ruin the entire reason that you have the Trigger mod in the first place."

i guess this goes always for the trigger mod? because i just bought a wand with add cold dmg >.>
Last edited by schmuggla on Jun 24, 2020, 5:23:07 AM
"
schmuggla wrote:
man i'm constantly dying with this build. its probably me, but man this sucks. it sucked hard to level this build to mapping and now it sucks even harder because i'm being killed within seconds. i cant respec because i dont have the currency and i cannot aquire the currency because i'm frequently dying. really took the fun for this league. gonna take a break.

I'm right there with you. Last league I tried the archmage storm brand with glad/necro and soared straight to red maps with no issues. This build has been a nightmare from start to finish and the second I get to maps I am getting 1 shot by everything. It's not just my gear, I'm not new to this game. It just has no defensive layers, having high es without taking chaos damage is not enough. Going to have to completely reroll something that isn't terrible just to make enough regret orbs to do something with this character. Player beware, this build needs some serious tweaks before it's even white map viable
"
gl0wcat wrote:
"
schmuggla wrote:
man i'm constantly dying with this build. its probably me, but man this sucks. it sucked hard to level this build to mapping and now it sucks even harder because i'm being killed within seconds. i cant respec because i dont have the currency and i cannot aquire the currency because i'm frequently dying. really took the fun for this league. gonna take a break.

I'm right there with you. Last league I tried the archmage storm brand with glad/necro and soared straight to red maps with no issues. This build has been a nightmare from start to finish and the second I get to maps I am getting 1 shot by everything. It's not just my gear, I'm not new to this game. It just has no defensive layers, having high es without taking chaos damage is not enough. Going to have to completely reroll something that isn't terrible just to make enough regret orbs to do something with this character. Player beware, this build needs some serious tweaks before it's even white map viable

the thing is: there are player that play with this build and get great results. so i think it's interesting to know what THEY do different then us. i believe that anybody who is willing to write a great guide like this one, has a good reason to do it.

edit: one more thing. can someone help me with the following question: he says that i should choose an ascendancy skill for cursing hexproof enemies. but in the skillgem setup are NO curses, expect in the lowlife/endgame part?

what am i missing?
Last edited by schmuggla on Jun 24, 2020, 5:57:22 AM
So Storm Brand was never neccesary for Elemental Equilibrium? Are we fine just with OoS and frost bomb?
"
schmuggla wrote:
"
NOTE: Be absolutely sure that you do not accidentally have ANY instances of "Adds # to # Cold Damage to Spells". This will ruin the entire reason that you have the Trigger mod in the first place."

i guess this goes always for the trigger mod? because i just bought a wand with add cold dmg >.>

EE will apply positive resists to the enemy to every element you hit with on the initial hit.

Vortex has a cold dmg initial hit (bad), all the lightning spells in the trigger wand only have lightning damage hit (good). If you get any +cold damage to spells, it will cause these lightning spells to also deal some cold damage, therefore giving the enemies cold resistance.

If you have to use +cold damage to spell gear temporarily, unspec from EE since you will actually do more damage without it.
"
Last league I tried the archmage storm brand with glad/necro and soared straight to red maps with no issues. This build has been a nightmare from start to finish and the second I get to maps I am getting 1 shot by everything.
I have to say that maps seem a bit more dangerous. I just ran a t1 that had a bunch of mobs with a new bouncing fire projectile I hadn't seen. Very high aps. A lot of packs were either that or ice spears, and the map had a +2 projectile mod.

I nearly died before realizing how dangerous it was. But after the first encounter I just had to play carefully.

Until I got to a white strongbox. I expected the projectiles and moved very fast, but the three packs in the chest all seemed to have instant tracking - which is something I've never seen before.

Three packs with extra shot-gunning projectiles and instant tracking in a white box is pretty funny. GGG seem to be wanting to up the adrenaline level.

That said, the times I died while leveling I knew exactly why and they were all avoidable.

"
It's not just my gear, I'm not new to this game. It just has no defensive layers...

Not sure which PoB or tree you're looking at. I see decent layers in both the old and new, for different trees. I would agree that your build doesn't have much. You might want to compare to the OP's trees to see what the difference is.

I imagine the lack of phys mit is hurting you most. At a minimum I would use a granite flask. And maybe get more evade and phys mit with increased % for each as well. That with active flask use will make white maps a lot safer.

Good luck.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jun 24, 2020, 8:19:22 AM
What vortex enchant do people usually prefer? I happened to get Vortex cooldown reduction on a hubris on my first uber, was I just really lucky?

As for defenses, block is you friend! Enfeeble aura + Jade and Stibnite also does great work. Even better when you add temp chains on top.

Some more flat phys mitigation would be super nice, but I might work that in later.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info