[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Spoiler

Quite nice so far, trying to farm Jun for the craft however no luck so far. Tried Sirius, The awakener also and damn its really hard need so much more damage and also mechanics wise unfamiliar, but very doable with this build. Also found that t14-t16 maps can be rippy with metamorphs also.
Everyone,

I've put in a quick update and added a dedicated Elemental Equilibrium section with an explanation. You can find it in 3.7.

As of right now, I'm trying to consolidate sections and trim the fat. I'm right up against the 50,000 character limit, and I'd like to avoid splitting up Part 3 between the main post and the first comment.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
So I just finished act 10 at lvl 68 and 3 labs doe with OoS last night. Couldn't play Friday and just played casually Sat and Sunday. Did it all on self found/crafted gear. I have a couple of comments I'd like to make:

1) I've never leveled with OoS so take this with a grain of salt. I'll be comparing this to leveling with a necro using zombie/skeles or Spectres/skeles. Also REMEMBER this is a non TWINKED comparison. All SSF gear.

2) Starting off it was slow, much slower than necro. Until you get the herald chain going. I took holy flame totem as soon as I could and that helpd a ton till you can get Wave.

3) I think its just this league but early Bosses hit like trucks. Lightning spire was doing almost no damage. Basically oos, spire then slam waves into the boss as fast as possible. Flame dash through and wave again. Clarity is a MUST asap.

4) After Act 5 things start to move much faster. As soon as Both Heralds are working with OoS packs just explode. Seriously. I was very impressed. At this point its just as fast as a summoner. Maybe faster. Bossing still blows though.

5) After act 10 I transitioned to Vortex. Big mistake. Don't do this. I bought/crafted ES gear then realized I totally underestimated how many regrets it was to shift the tree. I shifted as much as I could but I'm probably still 20 nodes f'd up. Sitting at 4.8k ES and 1.7k health and mediocre damage. I kill packs slower than OoS because They don't chain explode in front of me. However Bossing is as fast or slightly faster and ALOT safer as shit slows and freezes and I can run in dump, then run out. I would advise you accumulate regrets, all that you need, THEN buy your gear THEN transition.

6) My gear is less than 15 chaos atm. The whole point of this exercise was to see how fast really low cost/SSF would be for a scrub player (me). At this point I really do think leveling with a summoner is faster. Again, this could be because I'm not used to OoS leveling and I've leveled a necro probably 8 times fresh now. I don't know what end game summoner is like with all the nerfs and boss buffs. I'mm going to stick with this build because its new and fun to play. Just my 2 cents.
Is it just me or is there no skill tree in the first post?
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
"
So I just finished act 10 at lvl 68 and 3 labs doe with OoS last night. Couldn't play Friday and just played casually Sat and Sunday. Did it all on self found/crafted gear. I have a couple of comments I'd like to make:

1) I've never leveled with OoS so take this with a grain of salt. I'll be comparing this to leveling with a necro using zombie/skeles or Spectres/skeles. Also REMEMBER this is a non TWINKED comparison. All SSF gear.

2) Starting off it was slow, much slower than necro. Until you get the herald chain going. I took holy flame totem as soon as I could and that helpd a ton till you can get Wave.

3) I think its just this league but early Bosses hit like trucks. Lightning spire was doing almost no damage. Basically oos, spire then slam waves into the boss as fast as possible. Flame dash through and wave again. Clarity is a MUST asap.

4) After Act 5 things start to move much faster. As soon as Both Heralds are working with OoS packs just explode. Seriously. I was very impressed. At this point its just as fast as a summoner. Maybe faster. Bossing still blows though.

5) After act 10 I transitioned to Vortex. Big mistake. Don't do this. I bought/crafted ES gear then realized I totally underestimated how many regrets it was to shift the tree. I shifted as much as I could but I'm probably still 20 nodes f'd up. Sitting at 4.8k ES and 1.7k health and mediocre damage. I kill packs slower than OoS because They don't chain explode in front of me. However Bossing is as fast or slightly faster and ALOT safer as shit slows and freezes and I can run in dump, then run out. I would advise you accumulate regrets, all that you need, THEN buy your gear THEN transition.

6) My gear is less than 15 chaos atm. The whole point of this exercise was to see how fast really low cost/SSF would be for a scrub player (me). At this point I really do think leveling with a summoner is faster. Again, this could be because I'm not used to OoS leveling and I've leveled a necro probably 8 times fresh now. I don't know what end game summoner is like with all the nerfs and boss buffs. I'mm going to stick with this build because its new and fun to play. Just my 2 cents.

ElectroHarmonix,

Thank you for the detailed summary. I have a few thoughts:

Points 1-4) Every run-through is at it's weakest-feeling point the first time you do it. I played a Necro for the first time ever last league and it felt awful compared to the OOS I was used to. Like my necro leveling, your OOS experience would improve the more you do it. On a philosophical level, this is why I havent played Melee in forever.

It also definitely doesn't help that everything in A1-5 got buffed big time. It was my slowest leveling in a long time.

I mentioned that there's a big conversion cost, but I'll highlight it more in the guide. Don't forget that you get 20 free respec points if you do the quests, but yes it's still 20+ regrets. If you want to transition asap, you can start taking nodes toward the CI tree in the later Acts. I try to convert fusings and/or work toward the respec while I farm and craft my initial CI gear

If your damage is suffering, Vile Bastion + Witchfire Brew is a great way to get supplemental pack damage.
Shak: I wasn't griping, just adding my two cents as a OoS scrub. Your guild is extremely well written. It's my own fault for not paying real attention to the conversion stuff. Was a way bigger deal than I thought. Going to run a bunch of the quests I skipped and convert some currency tonight to get my tree more in line.

I think the issue was that even though I knew the tree was different I didn't pay attention to HOW different. I thought I was going from OoS -> Vortex health tree -> CI tree. I didn't realize the Vortex health tree was for LEVELING as Vortex. So I was eyeing that tree as I progressed thinking I was going to shift to that. Then I realized I really need to be heading to the CI tree. So I skipped the vortex tree because I didn't want to re-buy gear.

I should have either transitioned first to vortex health and crafted cheapie gear, or saved regrets to transition all the way to CI and then craft THAT gear.

It was really my misunderstand as I've never done vortex/Occ before.
So im playing this build currently lvl 84, its smooth good dps running with 7k energy shield atm.

to be honest i dont like the gameplay of this build, in bosses its good shit but awful in maps (im kinda the guy who plays zoom zoom builds everytime so its a big change)

i think the thing i hate the most its the cooldown of vortex.

How do u guys deal with the lack of dex and strength? i cant even equip CWDT lol... and dex for hypothermia is hard to get.

My gear atm:
Spoiler

"
JavierGonz wrote:
So im playing this build currently lvl 84, its smooth good dps running with 7k energy shield atm.

to be honest i dont like the gameplay of this build, in bosses its good shit but awful in maps (im kinda the guy who plays zoom zoom builds everytime so its a big change)

i think the thing i hate the most its the cooldown of vortex.

How do u guys deal with the lack of dex and strength? i cant even equip CWDT lol... and dex for hypothermia is hard to get.

My gear atm:
Spoiler

I recommend checking my gear out for an idea of DEX/STR. My gear is very very average, as I've been unable to play very much over the weekend, but I have enough currently for everything I need without issues.
I league started as this build, and I am now lvl 85 feeling great trust in the builds capabilities.

------------------

Some feedback on the guide. The guide itself is filled with a lot of details which is great. I did however find information about gems & links to be hard to get a grip on while trying to spend as little time as possible pushing league start. Maybe seperating gem setup to the end of every "act-chapter" would make it easier to get a quick picture of, just like the pictures with the skill tree.

In the flask section Rumis is the first to be mentioned, but the only flask to not be linked as a picture. When just looking over that section it might be easy to miss.

-----------------

Survivbility and overall feeling when transitioning to CI:
I moved to CI at about 5.5-6k ES, felt very squishy. I had not prioritized strength, which left me without immortal call CWDT, big mistake. Getting my strength on par helped me more than i would have thought. Also swapping regular 60ES belt to bated breath for ES recharge helped a bit. I also got myself a phasing jewel to work with the phasing flask for more up time, makes it feel way better when running through mobs in maps and delve.

-------------------

I would love to get some feedback on my gearing and what could be the next step. Currently I got around 7k ES and decent dmg, but I rarely die. Im considering just saving up for Shavs for LL and more dmg, but maybe I should upgrade all other slots except for chest to get a better foundation before the switch?

Thanks for a great guide :)
Can someone explain what's so critical about lvl55 and the switch?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info