[3.8] Pyroclast/2-curse Saboteur. Kills shaper in 2 seconds (All endgame content proven)

"
SirNorek wrote:
"
Ponis wrote:

Good question, lvl 4 enlighten is some serious currency. I would absolutely recommend cutting out the Anger. Just use the curses.

Awesome thank you :) one other noob question, why do you setup flame dash to ignite? Like what interaction am I missing there that it's worth the links and being mindful to do it?

Trying to learn! :D

I put a skill description below the gem links.
I use flame dash with ignite proliferation to ignite enemies and bosses and then adding on combustion support lowers their fire resistance while ignited.

This combo works amazingly well as this is both a movement/dash skill that also double as a way to remove a ton of boss damage resistance.
"
Ponis wrote:
I put a skill description below the gem links.
I use flame dash with ignite proliferation to ignite enemies and bosses and then adding on combustion support lowers their fire resistance while ignited.

This combo works amazingly well as this is both a movement/dash skill that also double as a way to remove a ton of boss damage resistance.

Derp, that's the part I missed, the ignite granting fire pen from combustion support. Thank you!
I think has less dps than a crit build for sure
How would you say Skitterbots would work instead of anger?

It's difficult to get a proper representation on POB but it's showing an average loss of 2k average hit, without factoring in the (albeit nerfed a little) the shock increase as well as being able to switch essence worm for a rare and benefit from chill.
"
Scilarion wrote:
How would you say Skitterbots would work instead of anger?

It's difficult to get a proper representation on POB but it's showing an average loss of 2k average hit, without factoring in the (albeit nerfed a little) the shock increase as well as being able to switch essence worm for a rare and benefit from chill.

I tried to try this out with skitterbots, it was awful. I don't reccomend
hello, video link ?
3.9 still viable?
So first off thank you for sharing the build, this has probably been my best league start so far!

The two uniques you actually need for this build (staff and chest) were dirt cheap, a few chaos each for decent stats, and the staff is only Lv 41 so you can rock it super early. I've been blasting though everything and melting bosses up to T8+? maps in absolutely trash gear I got from leveling that was mostly resists with a sprinkle of life. Was doing maps with very little issues even with my measly 3k life (just watch out for packs of ranged chaos mobs -.-) all with my staff 4 linked. Bosses started living slightly longer by t9 maps so I did some upgrading. Also note the crafted league bosses can be melted pretty well... but some hit like trucks, so move :P oh and all bosses had their HP boosted this league so if I was still melting them on a 4L... was pretty nice!

Below I've added a PoB of my modified tree with the gear I bought. Total cost is less than 1EX NOT counting that I manually 6S/6L my staff, I bought fuses to link it so that cost me about another 1EX. Got lucky with 254 fuses... makes up for my 1500 fuses in a diff league :P

https://pastebin.com/3edrrVM4

I modified it this way because I felt I prob wasn't going to be rocking that enlighten 4 any time soon to run 2 curses + anger (just running 2 curses) so I didn't need the reduced mana reserve point (charisma) and mana increases (soul siphon & quick recovery). Also his build was for Lv 96 I believe, which I don't often get much over 90 :P My modified version is Lv89, can add 2 more by Revenge of the Hunted for a couple %life nodes, and go for Fire Walker, Snowforged, or some 3 point jewel sockets as you level into the 90s (not sure what else would be good)

Currently doing t11 maps and it's pretty buttery. Other items used in Ponis build cost a lot to casual me currently, but can be worked in with currency. As of this posting 1 week into league, Dying Sun (3.5ex), Machina Mitts (8ex), and enlighten 4(7ex), +2 Pyroclast helm (2ex min), and I would obv need to upgrade my rares for better resists to use the mitts.

BIG note/reminder for anyone thinking of playing this, you can't see a damn thing when you're going ham with the mines, so keep that in mind when fighting bosses with ground effects if you're still learning the game :P
Last edited by SirNorek on Dec 23, 2019, 9:12:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info