[PS4] Flask controls

"
It's awkward, yes, but not unreasonable.

Sure it's possible. I remapped left and right to R2 and L2 on my worb witch because evasion flasks were too important to pass while running qotf.
It was still very awkward and irritading.

And imo it could easily be avoided by allowing us to rebind multiple flasks to one button.
"
Hassgranate wrote:
"
It's awkward, yes, but not unreasonable.
...And imo it could easily be avoided by allowing us to rebind multiple flasks to one button.

This is possible... in a way.

On the XBox Options panel is a toggled option for "Smart Flask." What that does is allow for a "Use Flask" button (One of the standard ones) to activate a "Flask of the same type" if that button is pressed and the current flask in that slot is empty.

Basically, the way it's supposed to work, is that if you have a Health Flask in Slot 1 and one in Slot 2, it will activate the Slot 2 Flask if you press the button for the Slot 1 Flask and that flask happens to be empty.

It won't work with dissimilar flasks, though, so you can't set up a "rotation" order with it. But, it "could" help in certain situations with certain types of builds. For End-Game builds that rotate different flasks, it's not helpful.
"

On the XBox Options panel is a toggled option for "Smart Flask."

Yeah, i know. And that's a step in the right direction for consoles. I use it for two quicksilver but as you said: when the clearspeed goes up it's kind of pointless bc your flasks are topped of anyway.
I think the Smart Flask system should be opened up as follows:
* For the purposes of Smart Flask, there are 4 flask categories: Life, Mana and Utility. Hybrid flasks belong to the Life and Mana categories simultaneously.
* Smart Flask will not refresh the duration of a flask effect if an effect of the same type is ongoing, unless all flasks of that category are active, in which case it will refresh the oldest. For example, if you have Smart Flask enabled as well as a Diamond Flask and a Sulphur Flask equipped s your only utility flasks, pressing the Diamond Flask button three times in row will
1. Activate the Diamond Flask
2. Activate the Sulphur Flask
3. Activate the Diamond Flask again, refreshing its duration
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info