[3.9] Plague Assassin Venom Guy (Gyre)/ 17 Mil+ DPS / 6 Mil+ Shaper DPS / All Content / Any Map Mods

"
darciaz wrote:
What should I be looking for when trying to craft a claw? I'm alteration spamming but am not sure if the 60% mod is supposed to be rolled via alterations?

It's a fossil craft. Corroded fossils..
edit; nvm lmao
Last edited by toiletvape on Oct 6, 2019, 2:14:54 AM
Hey Lunar - would you have a look and see if I'm calculating like this, and what I might be able to upgrade?

https://pastebin.com/mCWFDQ01
Thinking about crafting claw
Pls let me know, if I got wrong

Bases: Gemini or Imperial

List of rolls:
60% poison
% phys dmg
add % to % phys
attack speed
% increased poison dmg
What last? Crit multi, Crit chanse, Onslaught, or maybe try to catch Elder/Shaper mod (Phys convert to Chaos, Curse or smthg else)

Fossils (a read some advices, but didn't fully understand it XD)
Nice calculator http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Claw
We use Corroded for 60% poison
Serrated for physical mods
And Shuddering for double AS chance
Is it ok or better try Corroded & Serrated?

For rich ones +Sanctified Fossils to get lucky mod values)))
Last edited by EVGrinch2 on Oct 6, 2019, 6:55:07 AM
Oh, one more question: why no one use Stygian Vise with % chaos damage and % damage? It isn't hard to get good life + res + damage mods with fossils...
"
ObeliskSeto wrote:
Hey there guys, I'm using loczek's original Venom Gyre build with great success, and I was looking to craft a dagger version of my claw. I was wondering if anyone has done any extensive testing about whether it is better to roll the flat chaos damage with fossils, or craft the flat phys damage?

Thanks in advance!

Hoping someone can help to shed light on this!

Also, downed an aul's and got an aul's uprising with malevolence not reserving mana, guess that might be useful for this build especially if you have a decent malevolence watcher's eye?

"
cuorebrave wrote:
Hey Lunar - would you have a look and see if I'm calculating like this, and what I might be able to upgrade?

https://pastebin.com/mCWFDQ01

Have a look through the new build. Youre still using the old passive tree and some gear.

Switching to belly of the beast will allow you to use the new tree without losing too much life.

Other then that your claw could be upgraded to one with some of the mods mentioned in the guide.

"
EVGrinch2 wrote:
Thinking about crafting claw
Pls let me know, if I got wrong

Bases: Gemini or Imperial

List of rolls:
60% poison
% phys dmg
add % to % phys
attack speed
% increased poison dmg
What last? Crit multi, Crit chanse, Onslaught, or maybe try to catch Elder/Shaper mod (Phys convert to Chaos, Curse or smthg else)

Fossils (a read some advices, but didn't fully understand it XD)
Nice calculator http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Claw
We use Corroded for 60% poison
Serrated for physical mods
And Shuddering for double AS chance
Is it ok or better try Corroded & Serrated?

For rich ones +Sanctified Fossils to get lucky mod values)))

I think most poeple just throw corroded at them otherwise it becomes really expensive per roll.

But if you have the money then yeah i would try the 3 you mentioned, corroded, serrated, and shuddering. Sanctified too if you want. I'm not sure if the lucky roll chance will decrease the overall crafting cost by lowering attempts.

Rolling on a elder or shaper base will make it harder because the mod pool is bigger.

"
EVGrinch2 wrote:
Oh, one more question: why no one use Stygian Vise with % chaos damage and % damage? It isn't hard to get good life + res + damage mods with fossils...

Yes it's an option. I'm been looking for one with max strength and life, then slot in a strength and life abyssal jewel for maaaaaxxx liiiiffeee!

"
ObeliskSeto wrote:
"
ObeliskSeto wrote:
Hey there guys, I'm using loczek's original Venom Gyre build with great success, and I was looking to craft a dagger version of my claw. I was wondering if anyone has done any extensive testing about whether it is better to roll the flat chaos damage with fossils, or craft the flat phys damage?

Thanks in advance!

Hoping someone can help to shed light on this!

Also, downed an aul's and got an aul's uprising with malevolence not reserving mana, guess that might be useful for this build especially if you have a decent malevolence watcher's eye?

I haven't tested my self but i'm thinking about flat phys or chaos on the claw.

If you have vicous projectiles in your venom gyre links. Flat phys will probably give more dps.

If you have added chaos in your link instead of VP, flat chaos on the claw might give more dps.

I havent tested which combo gives more dps overall though.

As for Aul's amulet. you could swap it in for the depair impressence. this would probably free up enough mana to allow you to use precision at some level and move some accuracy passives in the tree to something else. Downside is we lose damage over time, flat chaos, chaos res, and maddening presence which is fairly strong defensively.

Let us know if you go that route, sounds like a fun thing to tryout!
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Last edited by Lunartuna on Oct 6, 2019, 11:32:24 AM

Crafted this bad boy. Divining it atm. then corrupt to 47/48%

One thing to note is crit multi mod instead of crit chance/quality would have given only slightly less dps. I think because of perfect agony.

If someone wants to go really bonkers you can try to craft a claw with natural rolls instead of multi mod. It will likely costs 10's if not 100's of ex to craft and i have no idea how to do it. but i know what mods to look for...

T1 phys 170-179% - prefix
T1 flat phys 21-27 - 41-49 - prefix
T1 attack speed 26-27% suffix
60% chance for poisons to inflict 100% more damage - prefix
T1 crit multi 35-38% - suffix
then craft on the crit chance/16-18% quality mod - suffix
colour sockets(possibly white without corruption) and bestiary corrupt for another 10% quality

The dream claw. That be mirror service all day lol.

If i put a claw like that into my PoB damage goes from 18.8 mil to 25.1 mil haha. the dream!

Last edited by Lunartuna on Oct 6, 2019, 11:48:56 AM
They didnt blow up!

Just WOW =))) ty for mods describing

"
Lunartuna wrote:

Crafted this bad boy. Divining it atm. then corrupt to 47/48%

Spoiler
One thing to note is crit multi mod instead of crit chance/quality would have given only slightly less dps. I think because of perfect agony.

If someone wants to go really bonkers you can try to craft a claw with natural rolls instead of multi mod. It will likely costs 10's if not 100's of ex to craft and i have no idea how to do it. but i know what mods to look for...

T1 phys 170-179% - prefix
T1 flat phys 21-27 - 41-49 - prefix
T1 attack speed 26-27% suffix
60% chance for poisons to inflict 100% more damage - prefix
T1 crit multi 35-38% - suffix
then craft on the crit chance/16-18% quality mod - suffix
colour sockets(possibly white without corruption) and bestiary corrupt for another 10% quality

The dream claw. That be mirror service all day lol.

If i put a claw like that into my PoB damage goes from 18.8 mil to 25.1 mil haha. the dream!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info