Crossplay

Example of why we need Cross Play (at *least* for the trade board):

To get an idea of the relative number of players, take a look at the Labyrinth Ladders for various platforms.

When I checked this morning, it looked like this:

Blight - Merciless

PC - 205 pages
Xbox - 2 pages
PS4 - 5 pages

So, combined, PS4 and Xbox have about 3% of the PC playerbase.

(yes, this is a very limited sample, but I checked some others, and the results were similar)

Extrapolate this to items for sale.

If an item on PC has 50 copies for sale (something super rare), then odds are that PS4 has either 1 or 2, and Xbox either 1 or none.

This, combined with the unavailability of good pricing information (due to the lack of access to the public stash tab API for consoles), is the reason for the ridiculous pricing of goods on the console Marketplace.
"
QQPQ wrote:
Example of why we need Cross Play (at *least* for the trade board):

To get an idea of the relative number of players, take a look at the Labyrinth Ladders for various platforms.

When I checked this morning, it looked like this:

Blight - Merciless

PC - 205 pages
Xbox - 2 pages
PS4 - 5 pages

So, combined, PS4 and Xbox have about 3% of the PC playerbase.

(yes, this is a very limited sample, but I checked some others, and the results were similar)

It's likely that the results are similar, but we still have to acknowledge that it's Lab Runner ladders being measured. (Probably a good correlation with general population, though. "Probably." :) )

"
...This, combined with the unavailability of good pricing information (due to the lack of access to the public stash tab API for consoles), is the reason for the ridiculous pricing of goods on the console Marketplace.

^- This.

TLDR - Sumbody needs to do sumthin'... But, GGG is going to have to actually be willing accept the cost of improving the console marketplace/trade options and efficiency for its console players. And, despite whatever ironclad "Manifesto" they've preached on the topic. Anyone remember "The Vision?" I do. And, it did not work out well. Those who are unwilling to reassess their goals and strategy in the face of new information get eaten by the lion hiding in the tall grass...

There aren't many controls to act on pricing in the marketplace. One doesn't even have to see any similar items when pricing as would be the case if items were "dropped" on the sale page instead of placed in a personal public page. At least the former mechanic would force the seller to glance at listing for the class/level of item they're listing. That "might" act as a way for a soft control to exert its influence.

But, PC players can use a handy-dandy pricing app to quickly see the relative work of a particular item. THAT acts as a controlling force and inserts "competition" in their pricing scheme.

Right now, the only controlling force in the market are those players who put energy into manipulating it. Most "low priced" chase items are not, in fact, for "sale." They're to influence sellers to lower their asking price so their unusually cheap offering can be snapped up and relisted at a much higher price. (Price Fixing)

With a much smaller inventory in the marketplace and a smaller number of participants, it's much easier for the market to be manipulated. It's also much less effective than the developers intended it to be.

There's all kinds of "fixes" we could ask for that could help. Many console players have made good suggestions that would work in one way or another, given some scheme or mechanic existed or was added, etc. None, however, can draw on the knowledge of the developers for a good solution.

Unpopular Opinion Incoming: I would have nothing against GGG attempting to help rescue stranded Marketplace Shoppers by "lying to us" and inserting a mechanic to artificially balance and control the marketplace outside of the effects of direct player participation... :)

I'm not surprised that the current XBox console marketplace isn't showing Exalted Orbs at almost 200 chaos in value. Why? Because those running the bots running up the prices in the PC Market don't see the console markets as lucrative due to a lower population. And, in order to do it effectively, they'd have to surmount some pitfalls, like getting consoles "bricked" by violating EULAs. (They can overcome that, but it represents an additional expense/time/effort compared to the ease at which accounts can be created on PC.)

But, I am thankful for some bots... It sounds crazy, but without them hungrily listing items in the Marketplace, I probably wouldn't have been able to get some desperately needed crafting currency. So, thank you Mr. Twenty_Fuse_For_11_Chaos_Bot! At least I could get a handful or so when I absolutely had to have them... They could be player-run bots or out of some sweatshop in Taiwan, I dunno. Or, they could be GGG bots trying to offset low population effects on the Market. I dunno. But, at this point, the accessibility of the Marketplace and its influence is so... unstable that it's difficult to see any other stabilizing factor OTHER than the bots and price fixers... WTF?
Cross trade(via market) - nice to have.
Cross platform - no need at all - game works barely for single player on Xbox X, with 2 or more player this must be disaster. Current gen console is not ready yet for this modern and fast game engine.
Last edited by Reborn409 on Oct 7, 2019, 3:37:06 PM
"
Reborn409 wrote:
Cross platform - no need at all - game works barely for single player on Xbox X, with 2 or more player this must be disaster. Current gen console is not ready yet for this modern and fast game engine.

I sense some sarcasm. If so, I agree. The world is not ready for this lean engine.
"
"
Reborn409 wrote:

I sense some sarcasm. If so, I agree. The world is not ready for this lean engine.

I agree, the game engine has shown itself to be a lean mean calculating machine. Handling anything and everything that you throw at it. Whoever created it must be enlightened or something.
"
"
"
Reborn409 wrote:

I agree, the game engine has shown itself to be a lean mean calculating machine. Handling anything and everything that you throw at it. Whoever created it must be enlightened or something.

I left PoE running while I took a shower, just so my items would stay listed on the "online" filter for the Marketplace. When I came back, the dishes in the sink had been done!

5/7

Would deathfest through Blight maps again...
As far as I know, it's not up to GGG. It's more of a thing between sony and ms and sony doesn't want cross-platform in any of there games. It'd be cool if it happens tho.
"
As far as I know, it's not up to GGG. It's more of a thing between sony and ms and sony doesn't want cross-platform in any of there games. It'd be cool if it happens tho.

https://www.wired.com/story/playstation-now-updates/
Are you serious ? You see that GGG can't really stabilize the game for console and you want GGG to do cross-play?
Last edited by R4mpaMckvak on Oct 11, 2019, 8:50:31 AM
"

Not true, this has literally never been said. Sony has been doing cross-play with Xbox since the PS2.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info