Infernal Legion Support

The infernal legion support does not give a aoe tag to minions supported by it, this causes spectral spirits to not be able be supported by aoe gems even if they are supported by infernal legion.

The only way to support spectral spirits with aoe gems is to first link them with melee splash. Which is not ideal if your plan was to deal damage with infernal legion.

Either make infernal legion add a aoe tag to minions like melee splash does or change spectral spirits to be in line with other minions.
hi <3 I stream at twitch.tv/sjatar_
"
Sjatar wrote:
The infernal legion support does not give a aoe tag to minions supported by it, this causes spectral spirits to not be able be supported by aoe gems even if they are supported by infernal legion.

The only way to support spectral spirits with aoe gems is to first link them with melee splash. Which is not ideal if your plan was to deal damage with infernal legion.

This is so stupid.
Last edited by lucksickle on Jun 20, 2020, 8:14:21 PM
I find that the biggest problem with this is that the primary way that you build most DoT builds is that you stack skill gem levels. And because this is a support gem, you cannot increase the levels of this gem easily. This make it so in endgame scenarios the skill is not able to properly kill monsters and you will need to use another method. At this point the support gem acts as only a method to decrease the life of a minion for on death effects, and in endgame other methods are more practical to do so resulting in an additional link.

If this was moved to being a active skill gem this would solve almost all problems with the gem. The problems of "tagging" wouldn't exist and you could use conventional scaling methods to increase gem levels. this is also already in place with other support gems that act as active skills like Spellslinger, except in this case the support gem is activated by the minion instead of you.

the other option is to add other methods to increase the skill-gem levels of support gems. and this could open up more build opportunity making this and things like decay more viable in the endgame.
"
Avoji wrote:
I find that the biggest problem with this is that the primary way that you build most DoT builds is that you stack skill gem levels. And because this is a support gem, you cannot increase the levels of this gem easily. This make it so in endgame scenarios the skill is not able to properly kill monsters and you will need to use another method. At this point the support gem acts as only a method to decrease the life of a minion for on death effects, and in endgame other methods are more practical to do so resulting in an additional link.

If this was moved to being a active skill gem this would solve almost all problems with the gem. The problems of "tagging" wouldn't exist and you could use conventional scaling methods to increase gem levels. this is also already in place with other support gems that act as active skills like Spellslinger, except in this case the support gem is activated by the minion instead of you.

the other option is to add other methods to increase the skill-gem levels of support gems. and this could open up more build opportunity making this and things like decay more viable in the endgame.

Or maybe give the gem a little bit more of juice toward the higher levels, I made a couple of Infernal Legion DoT build before and even with the lvl 25 IF (item below), it still doesn't felt enough.

AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
It would be nice for this skill to be supported by dot multi and fire damage in the same way that other skills work. some people suggest making this an active gem. This would be very nice, but it would introduce some insane skitterbot abuse. I feel as long as there is an exception for skitterbots then there should be no problem with switching this to active. I've been wanting to run this with minion instability and srs for a while now.
I think it would be a cool idea to make the fire damage stack with minion life instead of a flat damage, such as dark pact. It would make a way better gem already.

Optinial: Make it stackable up to a certain amount of times or make it so fire damage and damage over time multipliers affect the gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info