3.8.1d Patch Notes

ty for fixes but pls add more oils and blight maps i wanna craft more and run them for fun
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Fixing stuff is nice and all, but how does some small fixes and minor improvements get to a 1.9GB update?
"
Can we get an explanation from GGG as to what's up with the shatter sound? Why can't we have the old sound? Did you lose the sound file? What is going on?

The original shatter sound is bar none THE most iconic sound in PoE. Losing the shatter sound is like if the Witch class got removed from the passive tree. It's like playing without MTX. I feel much less inclination to play the game without that sound.

I can't wrap my head around why GGG would remove the sound from the game, even if it was causing technical problems. I'm sure plenty of other people would like to have SOME explanation of why this perfect sound is no longer in the game.

They've already given you an explanation. It was causing performance issues (and that's not new btw - players have long experienced the mini game freeze before large HoI explosions and the like). They've been quite clear from the beginning that the old sound isn't coming back. You just don't like that answer.
Getting major stutters after the patch. Literally pausing for a couple of seconds at times before the game speeds up and seems to catch up with itself. Usually stutters occur just before engaging a pack of monsters. It is making it very difficult to play and stay alive. Have switched to my minion build for the timebeing as self-cast would feel terrible!

It was absolutely fine yesterday.
"
Exile009 wrote:
They've already given you an explanation. It was causing performance issues (and that's not new btw - players have long experienced the mini game freeze before large HoI explosions and the like). They've been quite clear from the beginning that the old sound isn't coming back. You just don't like that answer.
Stutters from long HoI chains still happen, the freezes likely have more to do with damage calculations than the sound engine although the sound engine is unoptimized, it's true. Also "performance issues" doesn't say much.

They've been clear that the old sound isn't coming back, I just want to know exactly why. This is not a trivial matter, they took out the single most important sound effect in the game, barring maybe loot filter sounds. It deserves an explanation, or at least an obituary.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Educmack wrote:
"
DarkJen wrote:
Please, fix map drop quality in tiers. Running T14 and getting T1 maps drop is feels deeply broken and antisustaining.

This isn't broken. Is how the map drop system works. Any tier can drop in any map, no matter what map you are running. Filling up your atlas increases the chance to get higher tier maps, but it won't discard that you can get lower tier maps as well...

Anyway it feels broken.

The higher you get, the lower chances you get to drop high tier maps. Atlas bonus not much doing here at all. You run t15, so you get 1-15 wide of rng. Max 2-16. Anyway widenes not doing good things here. T1 map is 1/60 000 000 from t16 if you use recipe.

Drop should be revisited. It is now capped on higher. But its not capped at lower. At least it must be capped there, so we dont get less than -2 tier drop from map we running.

Then it will feel fair and not broken.
Last edited by DarkJen on Oct 2, 2019, 5:16:05 AM
"
kamisamax wrote:
Fixing stuff is nice and all, but how does some small fixes and minor improvements get to a 1.9GB update?

What looks like "small" things in text might not be that small in code and files. 1.9GB is not that big unless you live in some country that still has poor internet or shit like that.
"
Gogodrop37 wrote:
i hope fix really bug

no

"
Reduced the impact on performance when using Multistrike, Spell Echo, Unleash, Blastchain Mine Support and High-Impact Mine Support

in final patch note ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2654584 (announcement of the latest patch)

EXACTLY what I have noticed too. WTF? And worst of all we are missing a performance line :DDD

I understand that the final version of the patch might change but just removing the line out of the blue without any explanation is more than cryptic :D

Is it because they have forgotten to add it in the patch notes or their "improvement" was so bad that after testing it was actually breaking the game and they decided to remove it :D ???

Still no fixes for the memory usage btw.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Oct 2, 2019, 7:21:38 AM
"
Fixed a bug where the "8% more Damage per Non-Golem Minion near them" buff from Carrion Golems did not persist after changing areas. Fixed a bug where this buff was checking for Non-Golem Minions near the player, rather than the Carrion Golem. Fixed a bug where this buff was stacking for each Carrion Golem summoned (though this did not bypass the 80% cap).

Could anyone explain this?

Is running with 2 carrion considered a bug, as their buffs are not supposed to stack? So should we run with two different golems then or do their buffs also cancel each other out?
Not trying to be too optimistic just yet... but, for some reason this patch fixed my rebooting issue. Have been online for three hours non-stop on my main pc, without any issues.

I do still have Global Illuminations and post-processing off. And did get rid of my audio drivers in the meantime as well. (Figured I'd post this for others who might have a similar issue)

Another thing I did notice, is that in hideout and town, my GPU is actually getiing hotter than when I'm hunting. Which seems strange.

@Ygidua: The way it seems to me is that with multiple carrion golems you got 2x the 8% buff per other minion instead of just once. But that it did not pass the 80% maximum anyway. So it wasn't really a big issue. Also, they shared the buff basically, since 80% was the maximum. So you only got to that 80% cap faster. (running with 2 carrion golems is not a bug)

Very late EDIT: Been playing the whole day now without any issues again. This is making me really really happy! Going to keep my settings as they are now, just to be safe. Thank you GGG.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Oct 2, 2019, 4:29:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info