Frontier Microtransactions are Now Available in Store

"
Augusten wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:
"
Tyralion1488 wrote:
new microtransactions when so many people are unable to just play the game, seriously?

Get your facts right before you complain, seriously.

People like Tyralion1488 don't need facts, just personal outrage.

Yes. I figured. Guess I was slow :p
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Well Jerle, Tyralion probaby has a lot of anger and trouble with facts in the first place. It's literally in the username.

But for everyone else: Microtransactions (which are made by a totally separate group of people with totally different skills who are independent from the bug-fixing people) keep the lights on at GGG, regardless of Tencent's shadowy presence. Non-indie studios still need to be profitable on a regular basis to survive. So, if your reaction to the game being unplayable on your potato PC is to boycott the MTX store, like Vegacius or LesserEvil on the previous page of this thread, then the other players—those without performance issues who continue to buy MTXes—are the ones paying for the fixes you want, and on the balance sheet, you kinda just look like an unreliable revenue source, if you're one at all.

This is rather brutal language, but GGG's relationship with its fanbase has pretty much always involved lavishing attention on large donors. No matter how much they care about the audience as a whole, including players who've never given them a cent, it's a proven thing that your voice is louder if you've given them more money in the past. That is, after all, how we got such amazingly self-unaware contributions like Oni-Goroshi.

tl;dr: MTXes happen whether or not the game needs bugfixes. They're made by different people. GGG still needs a revenue stream to continue existing. Giving them money and then threatening to stop is more effective than simply refusing to give them money.
Have you ever considered trading the sword for the plow, Exile?
yee haw cowboye
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
stand by. Like GGG multi-party try. But please don't lose the original concealment and darkness of POE. Bloody taste is suppressed. Even if it is full of joy and technology. They must look like POEs. This will be the challenge of GGG. Let us still be amazing for these creations!!
"
Augusten wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:
"
Tyralion1488 wrote:
new microtransactions when so many people are unable to just play the game, seriously?

Get your facts right before you complain, seriously.

People like Tyralion1488 don't need facts, just personal outrage.

Sadly many like him, who rather cry out and hope for gold to fall in his lap, rather than be constructive and think before he speaks.

A major part of the community should know by now, that its 2 seperate teams, working on MTX and Bugfixes, hence it being spammed again and again, in each new news post about MTX...

Luckily there is a huge part of the community that's, very happy about the game and GGG's fast responses and work towards and for the community. This part, sadly just tend to be way less vocal.
Last edited by Bullsat2 on Sep 30, 2019, 1:17:31 PM
"
hexadecima wrote:
Well Jerle, Tyralion probaby has a lot of anger and trouble with facts in the first place. It's literally in the username.

But for everyone else: Microtransactions (which are made by a totally separate group of people with totally different skills who are independent from the bug-fixing people) keep the lights on at GGG, regardless of Tencent's shadowy presence. Non-indie studios still need to be profitable on a regular basis to survive. So, if your reaction to the game being unplayable on your potato PC is to boycott the MTX store, like Vegacius or LesserEvil on the previous page of this thread, then the other players—those without performance issues who continue to buy MTXes—are the ones paying for the fixes you want, and on the balance sheet, you kinda just look like an unreliable revenue source, if you're one at all.

This is rather brutal language, but GGG's relationship with its fanbase has pretty much always involved lavishing attention on large donors. No matter how much they care about the audience as a whole, including players who've never given them a cent, it's a proven thing that your voice is louder if you've given them more money in the past. That is, after all, how we got such amazingly self-unaware contributions like Oni-Goroshi.

Yup.

P.S What performance issue? Path of Exile runs great on my PC
Yes! I managed to score the wrangler aura in the mystery box and it is awesome. I've been looking forward to buying more frontier effects!
"
hexadecima wrote:
[...] So, if your reaction to the game being unplayable on your potato PC is to boycott the MTX store, like Vegacius or LesserEvil on the previous page of this thread, then the other players—those without performance issues who continue [...]

Lol, the game runs fine on my PC. I have lags and a mediocre experience cause an instance starts lagging cause the server is overloaded. I run a normal map and in the middle it just starts lagging cause some other instance that runs on the same server takes up too many resources. It has nothing at all to do with my PC. I play fucking cleave without many MTX.
IGN: TheLesserEvil
"
hexadecima wrote:

tl;dr: MTXes happen whether or not the game needs bugfixes. They're made by different people. GGG still needs a revenue stream to continue existing. Giving them money and then threatening to stop is more effective than simply refusing to give them money.

Potato PC? Me? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I spent 60$ every league i play. Same price a AAA game cost.
I have a 500/500 fiber net conection. So when i crash it is not my PC or my internet.

Yes i will not buy any mtx ( but supporter packs )

60$ is more than fair to voice my opinion!!!
"
hexadecima wrote:

This is rather brutal language, but GGG's relationship with its fanbase has pretty much always involved lavishing attention on large donors. No matter how much they care about the audience as a whole, including players who've never given them a cent, it's a proven thing that your voice is louder if you've given them more money in the past.

I find myself nodding to most of what you have said. But the above is definitely not true. GGG treats their whales the worst tbh.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info