[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

I'm not sure you would want to replace slower projectiles unless its map clear. The bonus damage is one thing, but it slows down the ball enough to get extra hits per ball lightning(almost double the hits), which is pretty big.
"
faytte wrote:
I'm not sure you would want to replace slower projectiles unless its map clear. The bonus damage is one thing, but it slows down the ball enough to get extra hits per ball lightning(almost double the hits), which is pretty big.

He asked about what to use with Arc.
For BL I wouldn't recommend replacing slower projectiles.
"
jim_Bonks wrote:
I am hoping I can get some help on what you guys would upgrade first?

Get ES Watchers Eye (currently do not have one)
I am guessing then upgrade boots from Fenemus since leach will come from Eye.

or

Mjolner with fortify chance on hit

I played this build last league, and it's pure cancer without ES on hit watchers eye(I would call it unplayable). I would highly recommend that, over a fortify mjolnir. Fortify is a huge defense boost, and should be your upgrade after that.

Edit: Never mind, I didn't see that you're using Fenemus. If you don't mind using them over a well rolled rare, then yes, go for Fortify(you don't need a perfect 15% roll btw).
Last edited by Anointedone on Jan 19, 2020, 10:02:01 AM
"
Anointedone wrote:
"
jim_Bonks wrote:

or

I played this build last league, and it's pure cancer without ES on hit watchers eye(I would call it unplayable). I would highly recommend that, over a fortify mjolnir. Fortify is a huge defense boost, and should be your upgrade after that.

Edit: Never mind, I didn't see that you're using Fenemus. If you don't mind using them over a well rolled rare, then yes, go for Fortify(you don't need a perfect 15% roll btw).

Fenumus alone is more than enough to sustain you, I tried it myself.
And Since fenumus is also a 5% more damage upgrade + survivability, res and MS it's better than most rare boots as well unless you want tailwind.
"
blingi wrote:
"
Anointedone wrote:
"
jim_Bonks wrote:

or

Fenumus alone is more than enough to sustain you, I tried it myself.
And Since fenumus is also a 5% more damage upgrade + survivability, res and MS it's better than most rare boots as well unless you want tailwind.

Just adding to this: I did all game content this league minus Uber Elder with Fenemus and no eye (and Uber Elder is very easy, just have been unlucky getting fragments to spawn him). This included a deathless awakener 8. You absolutely do not need eye. Eye is a good investment for when you want to push your ES higher, get tail wind, and squeeze more damage out from a zealotry or wrath bonus.

Given the cost of Fenemus is like 5c, you can easily make this build on a budget.
What should I get next, I can't come close to affording the watchers eye right now.
How do you guys think HH fits into this build? I have enough currency to get one but curious about people's experience with it.
So out of curiosity I've been doing some t16's with a level 21 arc and level 21 chain (0 quality on both since projectile speed/shock are not items I care about) to see how it was for clear compared to Ball Lightning + GMP.

My findings:

Map 1(Malformation): Linear, 35% pack size map. The packs seemed never close enough to really cause the arc to jump between packs. Early indications here are because you are in the midst of a pack when the arc starts and it is targeting near by enemies that most of the chains are consumed through the pack and it is not likely that the arc is shooting off to a another pack, since the hit that triggers mjorn tends to imply a mob is in range. This is a concern.

There was a legion in this map and having vaal arc was kind of nice to have in the start.

Map 2(Shipyard, 95/40% before corrupting it to unid'ed, so pretty juicy). Open layout with lots of packsize, but also some annoying walls in the form of platforms and cargo boxes should be a semi ideal place for arc to show its stuff. Alva'ed and harbingered this so test it against more mobs, with Alva mobs being tightly packed at this pack size/juice level.

I experienced largely the same issues. The arc was seldom going to the next pack, and often when it did it didnt seem to have many arcs left. More so this was the first time I noticed the next issue for me: damage. Arc was fantastic at popping little guys, without a flight time like ball lightning it would go forward and kill guys quicker than BL+GMP would, however this map was beyond and whenever I would spawn a beyond boss I felt a noticeable slowdown in killing them over ball lightning. There were also a few tankier rares that I could reliably let die if balls were traveling there way, but with arc on main hand I found I had to go hit those targets.

I did a few other maps and in the end found that BL+GMP was surprisingly a better off screening tool for me. The fan on GMP allows a volley of balls to be sent toward packs while you move in another direction on open layouts, and in linear layouts I found arc was not jumping forward often enough to be help.

Vaal Arc was nifty, but I wouldn't run these gems just for vaal arc.
"
faytte wrote:
So out of curiosity I've been doing some t16's with a level 21 arc and level 21 chain (0 quality on both since projectile speed/shock are not items I care about) to see how it was for clear compared to Ball Lightning + GMP.

My findings:

Map 1(Malformation): Linear, 35% pack size map. The packs seemed never close enough to really cause the arc to jump between packs. Early indications here are because you are in the midst of a pack when the arc starts and it is targeting near by enemies that most of the chains are consumed through the pack and it is not likely that the arc is shooting off to a another pack, since the hit that triggers mjorn tends to imply a mob is in range. This is a concern.

There was a legion in this map and having vaal arc was kind of nice to have in the start.

Map 2(Shipyard, 95/40% before corrupting it to unid'ed, so pretty juicy). Open layout with lots of packsize, but also some annoying walls in the form of platforms and cargo boxes should be a semi ideal place for arc to show its stuff. Alva'ed and harbingered this so test it against more mobs, with Alva mobs being tightly packed at this pack size/juice level.

I experienced largely the same issues. The arc was seldom going to the next pack, and often when it did it didnt seem to have many arcs left. More so this was the first time I noticed the next issue for me: damage. Arc was fantastic at popping little guys, without a flight time like ball lightning it would go forward and kill guys quicker than BL+GMP would, however this map was beyond and whenever I would spawn a beyond boss I felt a noticeable slowdown in killing them over ball lightning. There were also a few tankier rares that I could reliably let die if balls were traveling there way, but with arc on main hand I found I had to go hit those targets.

I did a few other maps and in the end found that BL+GMP was surprisingly a better off screening tool for me. The fan on GMP allows a volley of balls to be sent toward packs while you move in another direction on open layouts, and in linear layouts I found arc was not jumping forward often enough to be help.

Did you replace Slower projectiles or Ele focus on Mjolnir?
What about Spark?
"
faytte wrote:

My findings:

Chain is way worse than awakened added lightning, and your damage is just lower in general, so on t16 mobs the packs will probably eat all your chains without it chaining to new packs ahead. On just a mjolner arc the clear wasn't really better, it's noticable on double arc though and the damage on arc/BL feels very good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info