[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

I have this atm. It's working well.
Chest piece needs to be updated, but too expensive atm.
I basically traded in everything of value I had to get this build together.
I'm at 7.3k ES currently.
426 strength, 161 dex, 489 int.
Just finished up min-maxing this build to about as far as it can go. Wanted to share my concluding thoughts:

The build is very strong overall. Insane defenses, solid damage and decent clear speed. The only cons I found throughout playing this build was that its coverage is very mediocre, thus making its clear speed and ability to clear tough blights and blighted maps not top tier. What I mean by this is that we have to be in melee range to do damage, and our damage does not spread very far as the projectiles are slow moving and have small AoE. This makes high tier blights (8 portals) and blighted maps very difficult to maneuver on this character as we have to be constantly running around to each portal to clear the mobs. I came from a icicle miner so obviously the coverage cannot possibly be as good as the miner, which I understand. It is one of the only flaws in an almost flawless build, but I thought I should mention it for others thinking of doing this build. Don't let this deter you from the build though, it is still insanely strong and definitely one of the strongest builds I've done thus far.

It was a pain in the ass to min-max, trying to find enough slots for resists, dex, and strength. But once everything comes together, you feel unstoppable. I will link my gear below for anyone who is curious. I would say the only thing I'm missing is a fortify Mjolner but I don't think its necessary at this point.

P.S. I altered the tree a little bit to help fill out resists and strength as I divined a pretty insane lethal pride for this build, and I wanted to utilize it. From my lethal pride I'm getting:
- 5% of phys damage taken as fire
- 5% chance to deal double damage
- +40 strength (+20 strength x2)
- 20% fire resistance
Sorry if this may be the wrong thread but.. if you are not ok with the post i open another thread @NOesy

Long story short if you dont want to read it:
I think all versions do less damage and have less survivability, cost more than the posted ES version of NOesy but i mostly used the items i had in my stash. maybe i could some items to make it better.
If anyone is interested to improve my tree/build - go on ;)

Some days ago i asked NOesy about a life based Build. He said he played it in another league.

I tried out life based with vitality (vit itself doesnt give extra "defence" like extra energy shield so it was bad).
Tried dual mjölner, mjölner and cospris - just because why not :o

Tried life based assassin with "mistwalker", changed it to "ambush and assassinate"

I know its dumb but i tested everything as life based version only because i bought Farrul's Fur Chest early in the league and wanted to play something different but with that chest.

At the moment im playing as Trickster because i thought it could be funny with "Harness of the Void" with the "chance to gain non chaos damage with hits as extra chaos damage" and ball lightning because it hits a lot.
With Farruls Fur i have Power and Frenzy Charges Up all the time. Swift Killer gives me +1 each and 5% Damage per Power and Frenzy Charge. Actually it "works" well but i still think im lacking damage.

I dont know how to link items.
At the moment i have around 6.8k Life / 2.9k Energy shield (i am not immune to chaos damage)
Using Discipline es gain on hit Watchers eye with arcane surge zealotry.

Buffs:
7 Power, 5 Frenzy Charges
Herald of Thunder - or Skitterbots seems to be a good choice
Zealotry
Aspect of the Cat
Discipline
Precision

Elemental Weakness - curse on hit shaper glove
Conductivity Curse on Hit with Vortex
CWDT - Wave of Conviction
Wise Oak Pen

Last edited by wgfromanov on Oct 9, 2019, 5:49:54 AM
Well, i don't really know how could you miss damage with that setup but..
Few things from tree - You missed whole Doom Cast circle with crits, you missed Arcane Potency cirle, also some crit nodes.
About your items - elder ring - nothing for damage, your shield - no single damage mod also - no crit, no spell damage. Belt same thing. I know, with all that uniques u need to fill resists and hp, but well.. lightning damage, crit, crit multi, spell damage - u got few choices.
Tbh, don't know if trickster is better for that build - i mean damage. Just few more charges.
Tldr, i guess u need more crit. I think u can drop herald, pick better amu, much better, drop that shitty shield, take something with spell damage/lightnig, crit chance, fill resists if needed. Mby drop some life nodes (the 5% ones), take doom cast(?). Also two of your jewels are basicaly life and resists, u can fill some dmg mods here. Minor upgrade - ball lightning quality gives lightning damage.
That's all. But, well - im just casual player so, my advices may be wrong.
Finally sold off all my cobra lash gear and am all set, excited to give this a go tonight!

I did have a question though, I set up my POB with my new spec and gear and was surprised that my DPS as shown through POB was way less than the one posted. Am I forgetting something major? If someone would take a look at my POB I'd really appreciate it!

https://pastebin.com/NTuPfJak
(Edited for incorrect pastebin)
Last edited by fiestaforesta on Oct 9, 2019, 11:59:26 AM
Thanks N0esy for a great build
I have a few changes. I use HoT +enlighten lv5 in gloves + synthesised ring
My gear

with WE gain arcane surge
my char
@wgfromanov
Nice to meet you again! Thank you for posting your build. It seems you are suffering from capping resist/getting 412 strength because you are using a lot of uniques. In my opinion, you should replace your amulet with a rare. This will help you get strength/resists a lot.
Overall, the ES version seems better, but thanks for trying it out.

P.S. This is a minor issue, but ball lightning is NOT affected by increased area damage, so you should change one of your jewels.
Decided to try this build and it is pretty fun so far. Reminds me about an Aegis Aurora Guardian I played a while ago (when it still worked), but I'll need to get used to the more proactive melee playstyle.

Even with half-done gem setup (under-leveled gems/no curses) it melts T12 mobs, so I feel that with finished setup I would roll over higher tiers just as easy.

Spent 7ex + ~450c for gear/crafting in Standard, got 9.5k ES.
Gear

5ex for armor, 2ex for jewel, 50c for Mjolner and gloves each. Chaos spammed helm, belt, 2nd ring and shield (luckily annulled +6 life there to craft more ES). Other items were cheap or just lying around.
"
crayolamix wrote:
Just finished up min-maxing this build to about as far as it can go. Wanted to share my concluding thoughts:

The build is very strong overall. Insane defenses, solid damage and decent clear speed. The only cons I found throughout playing this build was that its coverage is very mediocre, thus making its clear speed and ability to clear tough blights and blighted maps not top tier. What I mean by this is that we have to be in melee range to do damage, and our damage does not spread very far as the projectiles are slow moving and have small AoE. This makes high tier blights (8 portals) and blighted maps very difficult to maneuver on this character as we have to be constantly running around to each portal to clear the mobs. I came from a icicle miner so obviously the coverage cannot possibly be as good as the miner, which I understand. It is one of the only flaws in an almost flawless build, but I thought I should mention it for others thinking of doing this build. Don't let this deter you from the build though, it is still insanely strong and definitely one of the strongest builds I've done thus far.

This is a fair comment, and I 100% agree with you. Thanks for posting your feedback.
"
fiestaforesta wrote:
Finally sold off all my cobra lash gear and am all set, excited to give this a go tonight!

I did have a question though, I set up my POB with my new spec and gear and was surprised that my DPS as shown through POB was way less than the one posted. Am I forgetting something major? If someone would take a look at my POB I'd really appreciate it!

https://pastebin.com/NTuPfJak
(Edited for incorrect pastebin)

First, the increased crit chance granted by consecrated ground is not taken into account in PoB, so you have to manually add "100% increased global critical strike chance" to one of your gear in order to see the accurate damage.

In addition, my character is using "110% increased crit chance" watcher's eye, "-9 lightning res" helmet with 40% increased damage enchant, and a shield with a damage mod. These are the difference between yours and mine. However, your items are already good enough to faceroll everything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info