[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
PoorLime wrote:
Thanks for build
Heres a vid of me killing shaper

Very nice! but i see some potential to increase your dps.

not sure if anyone is interested but in converted from dual MJ to a low life version.
feels good to run low life again after many years. this doubled my dps (114.000 average hit with ball lightning).

gear
Downed UE super easy with this build. Any advice for me on upping dps? I know I could use a different enchant on boots and aspect of the spider instead of blood and sand. 600ish delve isn't too bad but occasionally I get one shoted. Maybe if I killed the stuff faster I would survive? It's pretty rare and maybe I just missed a mod I should've avoided.

This char is on standard.
"
N3llx wrote:
How do you feel about this build with Trickster instead of Assassin? I love the additional tankiness you get from Trickster, curious if you've theorycrafted it at all.

Yes, I therycrafted the Trickstar version before the blight patch information was released. Trickstar is a nice defensive option, but after the patch reveal I realized that Assassin also got a good defensive layer (elusive). Compared to Trickstar, Assassin has better damage and, more importantly, movement speed. Because this build has too much damage and tankiness for most content anyway, I like the movement speed boost from the Assassin ascendancy.

"
gromkins wrote:
Downed UE super easy with this build. Any advice for me on upping dps? I know I could use a different enchant on boots and aspect of the spider instead of blood and sand. 600ish delve isn't too bad but occasionally I get one shoted. Maybe if I killed the stuff faster I would survive? It's pretty rare and maybe I just missed a mod I should've avoided.

This char is on standard.

Well, your build is almost finished, so there are not so much room for improvement.
1. Buy a 21/20 ball lightning gem. Even a 21/0 gem should be better than 20/23.
2. I know that oils are expensive in standard, but can you afford Utmost Might anointment? Utmost Might will give you around 70 strength, so you will be able to replace Efficient Training with a rare jewel. Also, prioritize crit multi mods over increased lightning/spell damage mods on rare jewels.
3. This build is optimized for Shaper DPS. Shaper has only 40% lightning res. If the biome has an elemental resists mod, some monsters have more than 40% res. In this case, lightning pen support should be better than elemental focus.
4. I have never reached 600 depth, but if you struggle to kill even normal/magic monsters (this never happens in normal maps), you might want to use "curse on hit" mechanics, like assassin's mark from a shaped ring or elemental weakness from corrupted gloves.
Thanks for the reply.

I haven't struggled to kill things in delve but if everything doesn't die instantly you don't last long. I'll try lightning pen support out in delve when I see monster resist mod.
I was going to wait until blight ends to anoint an amulet. It's a pain in the ass in standard now, I'm surprised it is even an option. If anyone has a tranquility amulet that wants to sell it to my when blight ends let me know.
Hey, really nice build man i love it.
But when i want import the PoBlink, its not the same build, is this normal? do you can update it please?

Thank you, great job!!
"
gromkins wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
If anyone has a tranquility amulet that wants to sell it to my when blight ends let me know.

I can give you my amulet for free. If you want it, send a massage in game in the next league.

"
YmeRR wrote:
Hey, really nice build man i love it.
But when i want import the PoBlink, its not the same build, is this normal? do you can update it please?

Thank you, great job!!

I checked it now, and the link worked properly for me. I have no idea what's going on.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
gromkins wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
If anyone has a tranquility amulet that wants to sell it to my when blight ends let me know.

I can give you my amulet for free. If you want it, send a massage in game in the next league.

Thanks, I'll PM you league ends, that's a nice amulet!

Turns out it's easier to get Cassia in your hideout than I thought, just find her in HC then die. Added utmost might and brought my damage and ES up a good bit.
I'm trying to decide between investing in this build vs. a self-casting ball lightning witch, likely occultist.

Do you have any experience with self-cast ball lightning, and I'm curious if you have compared the two in terms of clear speed, single target DPS, delving, etc. Also not really sure how to build a self-cast BL exactly, if you have any experience or tips, that would help me decide too! Thanks!
"
N3llx wrote:
I'm trying to decide between investing in this build vs. a self-casting ball lightning witch, likely occultist.

Do you have any experience with self-cast ball lightning, and I'm curious if you have compared the two in terms of clear speed, single target DPS, delving, etc. Also not really sure how to build a self-cast BL exactly, if you have any experience or tips, that would help me decide too! Thanks!

I used self-casting ball lightning during leveling of this build, but other than that, I have no experience. I don't know how optimized self casting ball lightning builds look like, but I guess this build can cast more ball lightnings and thus has more damage and ES recovery, at the cost of being melee.

My idea of ball lightning is the following:
Ball lightning deals more damage against stationary targets if the projectile is slow. This makes slower projectiles support a very effective support gem. However, with slower projectiles support the projectile becomes too slow to be used as a ranged character. The skill becomes essentially melee. You have to solve this problem if you want to maximize your DPS.

If you are self-casting, a solution to this is to use faster projectiles support for mapping and slower projectiles support for boss fights. I personally don't like this idea because I hate gem swapping.

I thought "OK, if I become melee, then the problem is solved". This is the idea behind cyclone-CoC-ball lightning, and it worked nicely.

After the mine rework you can also solve the problem by throwing ball lightning mines on top of your enemies. This is why ball lightning became a lot more popular this league. It seems that ball lightning mines deal even more damage than CoC ball lightning, and you are ranged as well. However, mine builds generally have weakness in sustain.

So, in my opinion, use of CoC, mine (or trap) makes more sense.
I hope it helps.
Last edited by N0esy on Nov 25, 2019, 1:55:26 PM
Hey.Thx for detailed guide! Going to try it next league,as my onley chsar.

Is it possible to use Shav's or Incand.Heart to farm high tier maps,coz 700+ Regalia is pretty costly? Or it's beter use 500es Regal., or even 5L Regal.,at first?
I can see ES wather's is majority, but do we rly need helm enchant and critical strike chance on gloves for UE?

TY.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info